1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Setin

Posts by Setin

  • [CS:GO] de_plaza

    • Setin
    • December 16, 2013 at 3:07 AM

    Update ***12/15/13***


    Hey guys, thank you everyone who came to the playtest today. I've got some new screens of the most recent version. After the playtest I realized that B site is now more popular (yay!) to go to. This may be because I have been neglecting A site visually though. B site also seemed to have too much cover, so I will be taking out some of the pillars in the back and getting rid of the cubby that I had added previously. On the visual side of things, I need to go in and add cubemaps for my windows now and go through all my textures and add some normal maps. I will also begin optimizing it a lot more now.


    I have a few questions:

    - Do you prefer the new or old B site? Why?

    - Do you like the visual style?

    - Was there any areas of the map you particularly liked/disliked?

    - How was the readability of the map? (Did you have trouble seeing enemies ever?)

    - Did the map run well? (Were you lagging at all?)


    Thanks again for the playtest guys!


    Overview:


    T-Spawn:


    Mid from CT side:


    Redesigned B Site (look to overview for better view of layout change):


    Redesigned T -> B path (again look at overview for best view of layout change):


    Inner staircase at Mid:


    CT entrance to Mid:


    Beginning of T path to Mid and A site:

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Setin
    • December 14, 2013 at 10:23 PM

    I have high hopes for these maps. Hopefully both of these will be viable for the competitive playlist.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Setin
    • December 14, 2013 at 2:24 AM

    If there is a spot for Sunday to test, I'd like my map to be tossed in the ring again. Otherwise, next Tuesday will work.

  • [CS:GO] de_plaza

    • Setin
    • December 7, 2013 at 8:56 PM

    Been awhile since I posted an update. I'm currently reworking the look of the map (haven't done many gameplay changes). Have been focusing on getting one area to look completely finished at the moment, so that I can better visualize the final look of the map and work towards that throughout the rest of it.


    Here is a preview of the new look of T-Spawn.



    Here is the most recent layout overview:



    At the top, CT path to Mid was changed to be a wall and split staircase so that they couldn't see down into mid. This also slows them down some at the start.


    In the middle, a staircase path was added to help with CT rotation. Because of this addition, the hallway that connected the back T sides together was taken out. This also has the added benefit of making T spawn more viable to enter again.


    Comments/critiques/questions welcome!

  • [CS:GO] de_plaza

    • Setin
    • November 30, 2013 at 2:13 AM

    Ya, I need a new name for the map. Any suggestions welcome. At the moment I feel like gameplay is almost there so I will mainly just be polishing the map and probably won't do a playtest for a bit. I could still use an artist to make a few props and touch up the textures I made if anyone is interested.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Setin
    • November 29, 2013 at 6:27 PM

    Thanks for the playtest and feedback guys!

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Setin
    • November 27, 2013 at 11:44 PM

    I'd like to get my map in either this Thurs or Sunday, w/e works best for people for another playtest.

  • [CS:GO] de_plaza

    • Setin
    • November 26, 2013 at 10:27 PM
    Quote from Nerve

    This is looking awesome Setin, can't wait to see it finished. Do you have any more play tests planned now you've made a few tweaks?

    Ya I would like to get another playtest in. Either this Thursday or Sunday. Want to make sure the changes I made to B especially were more helpful than harmful.

  • [CS:GO] de_plaza

    • Setin
    • November 26, 2013 at 9:43 PM

    Hey again guys, got another update for y'all. Did a basic lighting pass and some gameplay tweaks. I think I'm now at a spot where I could use some artistic help with the level. I know basic texturing and modeling, but it's nothing compared to what I've seen people here doing. The ultimate goal for this map would be to make it into an Operation, but Source doesn't have the necessary props/textures needed for this kind of setting and I am not capable of providing high enough quality assets. So I would like to ask if an artist would like to hop on board and help me make this map look stunning.


    More screens:



    These changes were added to help CT's defend the site from the T's. The cubby gives CT players the ability to sit closer to the T entrance. The T-Stairs were pushed back slightly so they have to run in the open a little longer. The number of pillars in the back of the site were cut down and the corner part was made thicker so there was some more solid cover back there. The back-site area was pushed back slightly to adjust sightlines in that area.



    These changes were added to make rotating through CT spawn easier, as well as making it so where CT's couldn't shoot from spawn to mid.


  • Arbor Vitae - UDK Scene [WIP]

    • Setin
    • November 25, 2013 at 12:03 AM

    Fantastic work guys. This looks amazing. I love the higher levels of lighting in the area and that foliage hanging outside the windows.

  • de_crossfire, work in progress

    • Setin
    • November 23, 2013 at 1:52 PM

    I honestly preferred the map way back when you didn't have this snow theme on it =P. Anyways, it does look good but some of the custom props you have in here seem a little too sci-fi for the area currently.

  • [CS:GO] de_plaza

    • Setin
    • November 23, 2013 at 12:59 AM

    *** Update 11/22/13 ***


    Thanks for the competitive playtest today guys! I recorded and watched it; learned a lot. The main thing from this playtest was that bombsite B was too easy to take. I've added in a small ledge near the T stairs to try to alleviate this. Still working on detailing. Just went through and replaced all the dev textures. I'm trying out making custom textures because Source doesn't have many that would work for my theme. Any suggestions are welcome.


    *** New screens ***


  • Hymn Of The Sands [Indie\Student game]

    • Setin
    • November 19, 2013 at 3:51 PM

    Just added our new beta trailer!

  • Hymn Of The Sands [Indie\Student game]

    • Setin
    • November 18, 2013 at 6:34 PM

    New Trailer:


    https://vimeo.com/82026981


    Hey guys, my team and I have been building this game over the last 16 weeks and we could use some more testers. Hymn of the Sands is an isometric action game/dungeon crawler with light RPG and puzzle elements. You play as a recently deceased Pharaoh on his journey to conquer the trials of the afterlife. You wake up in the netherworld, and your buddy, Anubis, guides you through your temple as you gain new powers.


    Please try out our game and fill out the questionnaire at the end! Thanks!


    http://hymnofthesands.weebly.com/


  • [CS:GO] de_plaza

    • Setin
    • November 17, 2013 at 7:49 PM

    *** Updated 11/17/13 ***


    Hey guys, here is an update on what I've done since last time. One question I have is what does everyone think of Bombsite A? Currently I think there are a lot of corners and turns, but not enough area to actually sit back and defend. A few people said they liked it and enjoyed the nade possibilities but I feel it is too "open" feeling.


    · Added in a sniper perch for T's to siege B site while still keeping the overall path just one path.

    · Changed T-spawn to be more streamlined. Previously there were too many paths and it was kind of confusing.

    · Added more cover (hedges) to B site and changed the inner cover of the site. Now Bombsite B should be easier for Ts to take.

    · Lowered the height of the planters and reduced the use of soft cover all around.

    · Started adding in custom textures.


    Download:

    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33230442/de_plaza_alpha5.zip

    *** New Screens ***

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Setin
    • November 15, 2013 at 11:47 PM

    I'd like to get in an actual 5v5 playtest in this weekend if possible.

  • Uncharted 4

    • Setin
    • November 15, 2013 at 2:23 PM

    The third one was very disappointing to me. The multiplayer was crap and the single player was just okay. Uncharted 2 was better on both fronts. Hopefully this one will go back to what made Uncharted 2 great.

  • [CS:GO] de_plaza

    • Setin
    • November 11, 2013 at 2:03 AM

    *** Updated 12/15/13 ***

    Look to bottom of page for update.


    Since this map is so different from what I started with I've decided to just make a new thread for this one. I promise it won't go through a full remake again =P. Anyways, after today's playtest I'm pretty confident in the map and what I want to do with it. It's a modern corporate plaza area.


    Feedback from de_plaza_alpha3 (11/10/13).


    - Feels nicer, tighter- Bombsite A is fun- Bombsite B is too difficult to take?- Need another path from Mid to get to A for rotation- Theme looks cool- Map is good, feels different but has conventional elements- Seems very much like other maps- Like the atmoshpere- Feels very choerent- Like the scale After the feedback from today I went in and added another back route near T-spawn that connects the lower mid T entrance to the upper mid T entrance. This helps cut rotation times by a lot. I placed this here because I felt that CT's already have an advantage in mid and I didn't want to give them another route to take. Where this route is placed also doesn't influence where T's will go at the start as it has not effect on beginning round movement too much. This is mainly here to just use as a way for players to get from mid to the upper level without having to run back to either spawn.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • Setin
    • November 8, 2013 at 10:41 PM

    I'd like to get mine up again for this Sunday's test. Want to try it without the path from Mid to A, also some other changes. Changed T spawn to B as well (only 1 path now instead of a split path).

  • Arbor Vitae - UDK Scene [WIP]

    • Setin
    • November 7, 2013 at 6:22 PM

    Oh man. I can't wait to see the finished version. This is already looking pretty interesting. I'm a big fan of the sci-fi mixed with nature theme.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™