Posts by 'RZL
-
-
de_ruins
Veeeery pretty map, loved every inch of the visuals, another masterpiece!
As to the gameplay, I can't say much about it, since we were not 5v5 and it was difficult to defend the B spot without enough teammates, so I would like to postpone my judgement about that until another playtest, but what I fear is that the AWP might be pretty OP on this map, and the team that has 3 AWPs grants themselves a lot of mapcontrol. The terrorists might also have the problem of not being able to smoke off some areas, but these are merely assumptions. I made some layout suggestions and spotted the areas that are to dark for my taste.
[Blocked Image: http://abload.de/thumb/de_ruins_rc1_changes1esb3o.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://abload.de/thumb/de_ruins_rc1_changes2v9b2b.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://abload.de/thumb/de_ruins_rc1_changes3wtav7.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://abload.de/thumb/de_ruins_rc_changes4kmykq.jpg]
de_coldshell
I made a layout suggestion, since I wasn't too happy with it, because it felt pretty cramped (and early on also confusing) for me. Maybe you'll like some of the changes I suggest, maybe not. It's up to you of course.
[Blocked Image: http://abload.de/thumb/de_coldshell_layout_srnzak.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://abload.de/thumb/de_coldshell_layout_seox5k.jpg]
de_bermuda
Thank you guys for your feedback. I gonna take them into consideration for my next and probably final version.
About the rotation time: this is really bothering me as well. I am playing with some ideas right now to counter that problem... Here is something thats on my mind:
[Blocked Image: http://abload.de/thumb/de_bermuda_rc7_changeczabu.jpg]
-
Hey, I would like to playtest the latest version of de_bermuda_rc7 as well, with some changes in the gameplay, so it won't play like CoD and more like a proper CS:GO map.
I still haven't thanked you for your feedback since the last time it got tested, sorry for that and thank you for your feedback! I listened to everything you guys said and tried to make appropriate changes, at least in the layout.
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/9XEBL0d.png]
Just a heads up: The water still deals damage (merely 2dmg/instance though) and the textures are the same, please deal with it. And it's going to be the last playtest for this map, if everything plays out well that is.
-
sorry guys, but the radar didn't work in the bsp I sent, but the following bsp should work fine with the radar: http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/75439815/file.html
-
I was working on a radar today and experienced some difficulties. However, here is the map with a stand-in radar: http://www56.zippyshare.com/v/75439815/file.html (FIXED!)
Hope it works fine.
-
I would also like to take part in the playtesting

I'm going to compile my map tonight, so it should up and going tomorrow evening. And since I never used pakrat: do I really have to add the _radar.dds picture into the mapfile? Isn't the filesize too big then?
-
Quote from Despo357
You should keep this lighting. Darkness is a part of the gameplay of counter strike, like some places in de_dust and de_dust2 by exemple. When you can't see clearly, you just have to buy night vision googles.
I cannot fully agree with this statement. Though darkness is a part of csgo, it should be used wisely and only in a few spots. I would give it a daytime environment, its much easier on the eye and you do not have to concentrate your eyes like 100% of the time, it's very exhausting and no fun. And you cannot buy nightvision goggles in csgo... not sure if despo was trolling in that regard or not.
-
Quote
Current visibility: Friends-only | This item will only be visible in searches to you, your friends, and admins. However, anyone with a link may view it.
Seems like this doesn't work the way it's supposed to. I've set it public now.
-
I would also like to have a playtest of de_bermuda, if it's cool with you guys.
-
ERMAHGERD WHY DIDNT FY_TEPANECA MAKE IT INTO OPERATION PAYBACK?! THAT MAP WAS SOO GOOD~ *sobbing slowpoke*
-
Hey guys, I'm new here and just want to introduce me with some screenshots and a problem that I'm facing while working on my current project: de_bermuda
[Blocked Image: http://abload.de/img/de_cevocontest_v41000yjeyf.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://abload.de/img/de_cevocontest_v410000bcdz.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://abload.de/img/de_cevocontest_v41001die4l.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://abload.de/img/de_cevocontest_v410013hfch.jpg]
[Blocked Image: http://abload.de/img/de_cevocontest_v4100044csq.jpg]
These screenshots are not very up to date, some details as well as more textures were added, but I didn't make a final HDR compile so far, since I am not finished with some parts. If the final compile is done I gonna add a new thread to the 3d forum.
Now to the problem that I'm facing: When I'm adding a 3D skybox to give the map a greater horizon, the water starts to cast a dark shadow on the ground close to its surface. The result can be seen in the first picture very well. And without a 3D skybox everything looks good:
[Blocked Image: http://abload.de/img/de_cevocontest_v52000vodp4.jpg]
Can anyone help me out there? Would be pretty neat if there is a solution to it.
You can subscribe to my newest TESTversion of the map in LDR here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=132920187 (hidden)
You can also play on the maptesting server, which is running the latest release candidate (HDR) 24/7 here: 176.57.142.168:27100
Cheers and thanks for having me