Posts by 'RZL
-
-
Quote from Dexz
4 hours ago, Dexz said: Should we stay away from updating the map on the workshop while the judging process is taking place? Don't wanna cause any extra problems with it and was woundering since it says that updates after November 30 wouldn't be considered.
Quote from Flower_Shop_Guy6 minutes ago, Flower_Shop_Guy said: Agree, I have minor fixes that players really would like it to be fixed, am I entitled to release this update without violating the rules?
Please don't update your map until the 10 finalists of this contest are announced, which will be on the 10th of december.
-
-
It's much appreciated, but here is the official map collection, without duplicates and submissions that pulled out:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…/?id=1217635152
let me know if you notice anything off about it.
-
Sorry to let you know, but you didn't manage to upload the map to the workshop in time for the deadline (you went over it by around 12 hours). It's really unfortunate but it would be unfair to the other participants to let this pass with that many hours behind the deadline.
You got something great going on there and I hope you'll keep working on it to turn it into something really outstanding.
-
Our buddy Paranormal made a trailer for DE_Grind and he did a mighty fine job, give it a look!
External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy. -
Quote from Klems
8 hours ago, Klems said: I made a third map for an HL2:EP2 contest, go download the mod TeleportVille here! http://www.runthinkshootlive.com/posts/teleportville/
The theme of the contest was teleportation. My map is called The Crab.
Dude, this deserves a thread of its own, cool stuff!
-
The map has no skybox nor does it have cordons. Since it's an early WIP you can just use a cordon that wraps around the whole map and keep it activated while compiling. Problem solved.
To get you started: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Hammer_Cordon_Usage
Or else just google for some YouTube tutorials, I'm sure there is something about it.
-
Promoted this thread again since it deserves all the exposure it can get, really a great read.
-
Yeah, that's it. Here is a description of the Mafia (party game) from wikipedia:
QuoteQuote Mafia[/b], also known as Werewolf[/b], is a party game created by Dmitry Davidoff in 1986[2][/sup] modelling a conflict between an informed minority, the mafia, and an uninformed majority, the innocents. At the start of the game, each player is secretly assigned a role affiliated with one of these teams. The game has two alternating phases: night[/i], during which the mafia may covertly "murder" an innocent, and day[/i], in which surviving players debate the identities of the mafia and vote to eliminate a suspect. Play continues until all of the mafia have been eliminated or until the mafia outnumbers the innocents.
I'd also love to give it a try!
-
-
Did you check your hammer autosave folder? There is generally a few .autosave files which you can open in the editor. You can find the directory in your hammer settings: https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/Hammer_General_Options
-
-
Let's start a petition to force @ElectroSheep to finish this map. We can't let him get away with this! >:(
-
Thanks for the compliments and feedback everyone! If you guys wanna have a look at an old greybox version of this map, then feast your eyes on this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=708575261
-
I made my portfolio completely from scratch only with html and css, which was a bit too much work to recommend to anyone. But I heard from @grapen that he managed to make his portfolio real quick with some tool and it's fully responsive. Maybe he can give some advice?
-
Quote from Corvus
3 hours ago, Corvus said: Worked a bit more on this scene. Your critique will be appreciated.
Looks really cool Mr. Cattus! Only criticism I'd have is that this light to the right is a bit too strong, which draws too much attention for me.
[Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/Dqp1MaN.png]
-
Quote from S1lv3r 4 lyf
On 8/31/2017 at 5:08 PM, S1lv3r 4 lyf said: Add some lights, maybe (looks like fullbright)?
Also, the nav mesh is old.
There is a video on how to clip spiral stairs here:
<SNIP>
I just skimmed through the tutorial and I can't really recommend his method with carve and what not. So I made a tutorial with another approach without carve. You can watch it here:
External Content www.youtube.comContent embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy. -
I love the fact that they try to sell it as a two-in-one build, where they just swap out a sensor dish and remove two small details. I mean, that's just an incredible selling point, right?
-
Here the link for the lazy: http://www.rebellion.com/jobs