1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. TheOnLY

Posts by TheOnLY

  • [CS:GO] de_monsoon WIP

    • TheOnLY
    • August 13, 2013 at 11:22 PM

    As somebody else already said while playtesting it felt somewhat fighting along hallways. The high walls might be one reason for that. The routes are nearly parallel, but apart form Mid->A they are not connected with each other?

    I particularly felt like that when walking the higher route to B.

    What about adding a few windows there or even remove the wall (or make it smaller)

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 3.0

    • TheOnLY
    • August 13, 2013 at 11:09 PM

    Hey i would like the 2nd alpha of my map de_catchment to be playtested.


    Forgot to post a link

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=169300833

  • de_catchment

    • TheOnLY
    • August 13, 2013 at 11:02 PM

    ignoreI finally found motivation to start working on this again.

    Made some changes to the layout, removed one and added another route..

    Most changes i made were done for better balance and timing and I now like how the map plays - at least with bots.

    Would like to get the map into a playtest though.


    Current layout:[Blocked Image: http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/8829905132…87D377205E04E1/]

    Uploading to workshop finally worked

    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=169300833

  • [CS:GO] de_sake worklog by MrSkellyBones

    • TheOnLY
    • August 5, 2013 at 9:15 PM
    Quote from MrSkellyBones

    Did a little bit of work last night detailing outside of B. I have to fix the windows but I like the over all effect. The grass is casting a rather odd shadow on the displacement map there. I need to find a way to fix that.

    Just disabling shadows will do the job

  • New Mapper (Ingame Issues)

    • TheOnLY
    • July 30, 2013 at 12:58 AM

    when there is no lightning set up the dynamic shadow casted by the sun will appear pitch-black

  • de_ali (working name)

    • TheOnLY
    • July 17, 2013 at 11:32 AM

    The playtest was the first time i played this map and i didnt read about the changes you did to the map either.

    The closed gate was confusing to me: I followed the signs to B, ended up infront of a closed gate and my first thought was "WTF?".. Then i looked around for another way to get in and got killed. --> frustrating.

    If you want to keep the gates you can try open them a little bit (like doors are on dust2).


    Another thing i noticed is that Ts are still having a hard time on mid. Its is hard to defend when a few cts are pushing there.


    Nevertheless it is an awesome map. I love the visuals, it never feels like it is made on a grid (nearly no 90° corners) and every route plus the map itself feels and looks very unique.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • TheOnLY
    • May 12, 2013 at 2:43 AM

    Wow awesome, love it

  • The random model thread!

    • TheOnLY
    • May 6, 2013 at 12:37 PM

    Nice

  • de_catchment

    • TheOnLY
    • April 30, 2013 at 3:01 PM

    I changed the upper way to B because just fightig alog a narrow hallway was really boring. Added a big scaffolding and a connection between the upper and lower route.

    CT side:

    T side:

    Connection:

    New overview:

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • TheOnLY
    • April 29, 2013 at 8:51 PM

    Wow awesome

  • de_catchment

    • TheOnLY
    • April 29, 2013 at 8:48 PM
    Quote from Sjonsson

    You might wanna add the pictures!

    Looks like my it posted 2 topics with the same name,dont know why. The other one actually has pictures .

    I would appreciate it if an admin deleted this one

  • de_catchment

    • TheOnLY
    • April 29, 2013 at 7:01 PM

    On the overviewscreen the hallway may look longer than it is. However was planning to shorten it a some units. Here is a pic when standing at the corner of the hallway (terrorist side).

  • de_catchment

    • TheOnLY
    • April 29, 2013 at 3:22 AM

    this is my current project. It's a CS:GO map I blocked out.It I am still trying to get a nice timing for all routes and for 2 routes I am unsure if they are fun to play with a human enemy team. Basically it needs some testing.

    Here is the layout and some wip pictures:

    A:

    B:

    I will post better pictures when i am done with optimizing timing

  • de_catchment

    • TheOnLY
    • April 29, 2013 at 3:20 AM

    this is my current project. It's a CS:GO map I blocked out.It I am still trying to get a nice timing for all routes and for 2 routes I am unsure if they are fun to play with a human enemy team. Basically it needs some testing.

    Here is the layout and some wip pictures:

    A:

    B:

  • Favourite video game music!

    • TheOnLY
    • April 19, 2013 at 3:25 PM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    basically all of the Earth2150 music.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™