1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. leplubodeslapin

Posts by leplubodeslapin

  • Portal 2

    • leplubodeslapin
    • December 6, 2017 at 3:25 PM

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/mEBGLJa.png]

    This is just sad.

    The concept of a bridge constructor game with portals is nice though, but it's so painful to see great valve games being used like that. It's a bit like that Portal Pinball game.

  • [WIP] de_splash

    • leplubodeslapin
    • November 30, 2017 at 4:43 PM

    Alright, here is your new profile picture :

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/fOXK6km.png]

    Even though it's far for being finished, it seems promising and the theme is nice.

    If you need help to define sharp edges in Blender :

    (my answer and what Grapen said)

  • Brewery

    • leplubodeslapin
    • November 30, 2017 at 2:13 PM

    wow this looks amazing :o

  • de_burg

    • leplubodeslapin
    • November 30, 2017 at 12:48 PM

    Could you show us the result ?

    (or maybe you want it to be a surprise ? :P )

  • de_burg

    • leplubodeslapin
    • November 29, 2017 at 9:15 AM

    @Roald Could you try to configure one of your light_spot with a linear falloff

    The content cannot be displayed because it is no longer available.

    Like this one for example :

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/JvvRxGS.png]

    And also, another one with this :

    Linear : 50 Quadratic : 1

    (Not entirely sure it would be better, just curious)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • leplubodeslapin
    • November 28, 2017 at 10:28 AM

    I agree with the lens flare, something more like a large but soft glow might be more appropriate, maybe ?

    Maybe the fact that every texture is quite dark doesn't help with your lighting either. You could use some vertical medieval flags like this for example :

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/262uJMd.png]

    Not with dark colors but composed of white fabric + gold colors maybe ?


    @blackdog My main themes are trap, bridge and chasm. But there's also a little bit of backtracking and teleport (but no one will notice). I did some playtests yesterday and i feel like shit, it's way too short and yet there are tons of issues i need to fix. Oh and, i haven't really started detailing much yet ... (2 weeks left ...)

    That's what I call a challenge :D

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • leplubodeslapin
    • November 26, 2017 at 5:03 PM

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/puvncKh.jpg]


    I'm working on a map for the last "Ville" of the year, for the RTSL mapping contest 2017.

    It will end in 15 days, so hopefully i'll show my result when i'm done :)

  • CS GO HAMMER - LEAK!!!!!!!!!!!

    • leplubodeslapin
    • October 11, 2017 at 5:03 PM

    Have you not just forgot to put any skybox to close the map ?

  • CSGO Mafia Minigame Map

    • leplubodeslapin
    • October 9, 2017 at 1:58 PM

    Sounds like this card game (werewolf)

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/78ONhHk.png]

    Could be great :)

    I'd love to try it !

  • [Portal 2] Refraction

    • leplubodeslapin
    • October 3, 2017 at 4:44 AM

    The puzzle was really hard for me too, you have plenty of stuff you can do (multiple platforms, the use of 2 main tools which are funnels and the laser, a cube...) and the combination of action is a little bit too long. As FMPONE said, you can't really know if you've made progress or if you're going in the right direction.

    I guess Portal 2 is your training to this but since this puzzle is rather short maybe an introduction room could help a lot.

    I'm also a bit confused by description, the end was nice but I don't really understand, the title and description is a bit misleading, no ?

  • Tips on guiding the player with level design

    • leplubodeslapin
    • September 25, 2017 at 4:21 PM

    This video but you might have seen it already :x

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Random Photo Thread

    • leplubodeslapin
    • September 24, 2017 at 4:32 PM

    Cool pics @2d-chris, i've been there too it's great :)

    Some pics from Brazil. Sorry, i don't have a good camera it's just from a phone, I hope it's still interesting to look at.

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/cHJuSjr.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/DtNIx7e.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/Qu5q5Qj.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/A6pteIl.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/KK1R3M1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: https://i.imgur.com/ura8GHR.jpg]

  • What's going on with your life?

    • leplubodeslapin
    • September 20, 2017 at 1:45 AM
    Quote from Minos

    Just now, Minos said: In a way that's the mentality that drives people to become criminals too. If you live in the slums you basically have two options: You either go straight and get fucked all your life, working crazy hours at jobs that are 2+ hours away where you are treated like shit by the boss and get roughed up by brutal cops on the way back home, or you join the crime, and live a short life full of adventures and adrenaline where you get a chance to realize your material dreams. Sadly, the second option is much too appealing if you are living in that situation. Brazil is a really fucked up system that exists only to feed itself, at the expense of human lives and nature. It's a parasite that needs to be stopped before it's late!

    I don't really know if the favelas can be considered as slums, they have built their houses with concrete and found a way to get water/electricity (the city helps them with that).

    Here, crime isn't as common as you might hear on TV, I mean it used to be here but the city improved a lot in the last years (the olympic games helped). I don't think people see the police as an ennemy, they seem to be really useful to keep the peace around the city. And a favela is a sort of city, people share with each others, they can find work and they can study.

    So, from what i've seen it's fortunately better than what you said, in Rio. But it's indeed still one hell of a fight if you want to get a better life. The girl i live with is actually from here, and damn she's been strong but she's now an engineer but obviously she's the 1 out of thousands to get there...

    @[HP] I totally agree with you, education is definitely the key.

  • What's going on with your life?

    • leplubodeslapin
    • September 19, 2017 at 3:14 PM

    I've been living in a favela in Rio de Janeiro for the last 2 weeks.

    Damn guys we are lucky to be where we are. As much as i love seeing the country for its landscapes and the great sunny weather, I feel so lucky to live where i live. It's not really about terror and gangs that the media might speak about, it's more about the way people live here and are used to it.

    You know it when you see their habbits, how they built houses without much plans, how they get themselves into debt to buy stuff that i wouldn't even buy (upgrading from a Galaxy S7 to an S8, taking a credit for months, taking another huge TV ...), how they drive (seatbelt is optional, there's no clear rule and everyone is just trying to overtake anyone else), how they let the old persons sick at home until they absolutely must go to the hospital, how they eat/drink, how they leave school very early and parents don't even care (people even ask you "but why do you still continue school ? Don't you want to work ?") ...

    I love the people and I hope the best for all of them. But damn it hurts and i don't know how stuff are going to change/get better ...


    Just an important note : the favelas represent "only" 25% of the population in Rio, I do not have an overall look over the city.

    I'll get back home by the end of the week, i'll have some pictures to show you.

  • Really Odd Skybox Bug

    • leplubodeslapin
    • September 18, 2017 at 2:59 PM

    I've had the same issue with Pool_day ( https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=832043432 ), in the old version graphics (use the lever in the toilets to swith from one version to the other). In a specific spot the sky disappears.

    Unfortunatemy, i've never been able to fix it. I thought it could have been because of the areaportals but it's not.

    Sorry, i don't have the answer...

  • Source 2!

    • leplubodeslapin
    • September 15, 2017 at 5:32 PM

    @clankill3r Yes please do !

    Also, if you can take videos of both the map ingame and in editor, that would be awesome. I would love to see these lighting in editor and how you work on the modeling.

    Thanks for your post

  • [CS:GO] SDK bugs and errors

    • leplubodeslapin
    • September 12, 2017 at 2:37 PM

    Same issue here.

    There has been an update, it's probably due to that.

  • What I'm Working On

    • leplubodeslapin
    • September 2, 2017 at 11:30 AM
    Quote from RaVaGe

    1 hour ago, RaVaGe said: Don't know why but it feels like the map doesn't looks as cold as it should, maybe it's because the sky is too bright, idk, but i'm pretty sure you could make it looks even more terrific if it felt colder.

    He never left, HURG is stronger than ever ;)

    I guess the sky isn't finished yet, because currently it's just an homogeneous blue. It should be whiter on the horizon.

    Instead of this :

    Something a bit like this :

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/3lCGFlt.jpg]

    Plus some more fog could help but i doubt fmpone will consider it, players are strongly against it usualy.

  • What I'm Working On

    • leplubodeslapin
    • August 31, 2017 at 3:52 PM

    Holy shit O_O

    Dude you're insane. I'm so glad for you that you decided to make your own art, obviously it took you a enormous amount of time but you did exactly what you wanted.

    About the Aurora, I wouldn't react the same as others. First of all, they are far away up in the sky, you can't see one with a mountain behind it, I don't think that's possible at all. They are freaking huge ! Also, it seems to happen during the day and you just can't see them during they day, sky needs to be dark and without clouds to see them. Also, the green ones aren't visible in real-time, you have to use an APN with long exposure time to see these beautiful vertical green auroras. But you can see some others such as the white ones, it looks like milk in the sky :)

    When i saw Auroras for the first time, I was just amazed by how it moves, there's really something magical about them.

    Anyway, you don't have to make it realistic anyway, just wanted to warn you, others might criticize this.


    I very much like the lighting inside, i don't think it becomes too dark, it seems fine.

    I also love the fact that it's not repetitive at all, all areas are different enough but also fits together (i think).

    I would love to see the map in hammer or another way to see what's brushes and what's models.


    I personally love this one

    The one Catfood is pointing at reminds me of Half-Life 2 so much !

    You have all the tools your need to make EP3 now, DO IT

  • The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium AKA what Tyler McVicker just said on YouTube

    • leplubodeslapin
    • August 25, 2017 at 7:45 AM

    Oh god ...

    Half-Life 3 / Half-Life 2 : Episode 3 is dead then, isn't it ?


    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/boQaLFK.png]

    Rest in peace.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™