1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. leplubodeslapin

Posts by leplubodeslapin

  • [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    • leplubodeslapin
    • October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
    Quote from Minos

    Really awesome, beautiful work. The way the up light hits the tree looks 😘

    One thing regarding lighting that could be cool is to indicate a bit more clearly where the main route is, and where the secondary route is (if there's such a hierarchy). Maybe also use lighting to indicate a bit more where the entrances are. At first glance I'm not sure where to go here (other than the stairs going down of course).

    Just some small feedback, the map looks really sick, love how readable it is!

    I agree lighting still needs some tweaking here, and ground material is still too dark, we'll fix that.

    This place is a challenge to make it clear where the player can go and avoid players camping in corners, we've tried to use more lights on entrances but it can sometimes make the image more noisy and in the end harder to read. Also, we obviously want to make the facade of the Opera stand out, so it has to be highlighted as well.

    The way I'm designing the map is by following the rule "if it looks like you could go there, you can", so all these are paths. But you're right, the one in the middle is the main path, the ramp could clearly benefit from more highlight! Thanks !

  • [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    • leplubodeslapin
    • September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM

    We just shared a new WIP screenshot from CT spawn

  • [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    • leplubodeslapin
    • August 20, 2026 at 12:31 AM

    Well ... I guess maybe now it's getting real 👀

    This project has been abandoned so many times, but I've been working on it again for a while with El Moroes and Yanzl , and we're not so far off from finishing it.

    We've shared a few sneaky screenshots lately, they are intentionally not showing too much for now (hehe). More to come :)

  • Piranesi [CS2]

    • leplubodeslapin
    • November 17, 2025 at 2:12 PM

    That is a pretty cool trailer ! :D And the map looks cool, nice lighting and colors, I will check it out. GG !

  • Big Adventures Contest TOP 10 FINALISTS

    • leplubodeslapin
    • February 23, 2025 at 10:35 PM

    Congratulations, that's a lot really really solid entries !! Good luck on the polish phase !

  • Need help - 'light_omni2' is going crazy lighting up my 3d skybox

    • leplubodeslapin
    • December 18, 2023 at 9:20 PM

    Just to be sure, did you compile your 3D Skybox map separately (declared as a 3D Skybox in the map properties, right?)

    Also, are the materials used there custom ? If so, what shaders are they using ?

    There should be no lighting influence whatsoever between the 3D Skybox and the actual map, this looks more like a shader bug than actual lighting being propagated in the 3D Skybox.

    Also all the lighting is looking quite weird in your screenshot, are you compiling with a Ray-Tracing capable GPU ? Can you share a screenshot in Lighting only mode ? (I find the shading on the brick wall on the left very weird, also the water fountain is pitch black, how ??)

  • [TUTORIAL] Breakable inflatable toys

    • leplubodeslapin
    • November 20, 2023 at 1:30 AM

    I recently released fy_pool_day for CS2.

    For it, I made a few custom props of inflatable toys that the players can move around and deflate :

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    I've been asked a lot how I did this, so I made an in depth tutorial for it.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    It's not just about the Ragdoll part, it covers everything from the cloth simulation used to create the high poly mesh to the end result.

    It's a long video so don't hesitate to use the chapters if you're already familiar with the concepts shown in the video.

  • CS2 Hammer Raytracing

    • leplubodeslapin
    • October 9, 2023 at 8:35 PM
    Quote from bruja

    On 10/1/2023 at 12:10 PM, bruja said: Please, tell me what those commands are :)

    I haven't tried any of these and I recommend to get the minimum specs required for CS2 tools, which include a RT-capable GPU.

    Hosomi made this video that should be helpful, if you want to give it a try :

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • CS2 Hammer Raytracing

    • leplubodeslapin
    • July 23, 2023 at 9:47 PM
    Quote from Serialmapper

    5 hours ago, Serialmapper said: I have some questions about ray tracing and CS2.

    CS2 will use ray tracing in game directly? or the ray tracing lightning Information will be precalculated in Hammer during compile, and "embedded" in the final map so that a ray tracing capable graphics card will not be needed to benefit from those lightning enhancements? What role will play ray tracing in CS2?

    As of today, Ray tracing tech is only used for Hammer (to preview your lighting in the 3D view rather quickly, and to simply build the lighting with VRAD, similar to how it's been done for Source 1 but better)

    I don't think there is anything yet regarding ray tracing in game (AO/GI is baked on lightmap and probes, shadows use Cascaded Shadows like in CSGO but with more sources, reflections are cubemaps/ScreenSpaceReflection ...)

  • CS2 Hammer Raytracing

    • leplubodeslapin
    • June 29, 2023 at 2:57 PM
    Quote from Vaya

    1 hour ago, Vaya said: valve have said 'will be' so assume its happening :D

    ok I wasn't sure so thanks for the confirmation ^^

  • CS2 Hammer Raytracing

    • leplubodeslapin
    • June 28, 2023 at 10:33 PM

    (correct me if i'm wrong !!)

    Technically there are commands to compile using your CPU instead of GPU, at the cost of extra compilation times. But this can become deprecated and removed/not supported in the future.

    There are also some updates on the light entities (light and light_spot are obsolete, replaced by light_omni2 and light_barn with the addition of an area light called light_rect). I've heard that these are fine and can be built with CPU as of today. However, materials that are selfilum can now be emissive and actually emit light over the environment, and i've heard that this is not something doable with a CPU compile.

    The RayTrace preview also requires a GPU that supports RT, and it's one of the best thing that came with CS2 tools, so you'd miss that too!


    In my opinion, it's worth getting a new GPU if yours doesn't fit this requirement, it's a good time. As you said, it needs to be a GPU that supports raytracing, so it doesn't have to be a RTX (from Nvidia), it can also be an AMD card. Depending on where you are, the used market can have some good cards at decent prices (~ 200-300 €).

    I have a RTX 2070 (which was the first gen of RTX cards) and all the features are working very well (including the low compilation times), it doesn't have to be the latest GPU on the market. The tools are very well optimized, it really just is a tech requirement and it's worth it (in my opinion).

  • [CS2] de_nagari

    • leplubodeslapin
    • April 25, 2023 at 2:31 PM

    Why would you use a forum thread for your changelogs ? 😅

    Screenshots are cool but blockouts don't really speak for themselves in screenshots, they need to be played or recorded in videos at least. People would also be interested in your progress if it shows some visual improvements for instance, but i don't think that it's the right place to write a message for every change on your map, especially at this early stage.

    (In any case, have fun working on your map !)

  • [CS2] de_nagari

    • leplubodeslapin
    • April 24, 2023 at 8:42 PM

    [Blocked Image: https://media.tenor.com/KjJTBQ9lftsAAAAC/why-huh.gif]

  • Mapcore Job Census

    • leplubodeslapin
    • April 15, 2023 at 1:32 PM

    Hey,

    I'm now Senior Level Designer, still at Arkane-Studios Lyon (i'm the only one left 🥲 )

  • [CS:GO] Shore

    • leplubodeslapin
    • April 5, 2023 at 11:28 PM

    It's stunning ! You must port it on Source 2 dude it will look even more awesome, the lighting is already very impressive for S1 ! Very colorful

  • Deathloop - New Arkane Lyon's game

    • leplubodeslapin
    • February 2, 2022 at 6:29 PM
    Quote from Vaya

    1 hour ago, Vaya said: its interesting the terminal areas feel a little like counterstrike bombsites :P ever thought about?

    Hehe ^^ I suppose it's mostly due to the single point of interest for both players, and also yes I needed the spaces to suit with 1V1 fight. But there were other factors such as the hacking range, I wanted to make it not too easy to start the hack unnoticed. Also I had to deal with existing geometry, and the location of that terminal in the global map matters too, you don't want it to be too close from the tunnels otherwise Colt could just hack it and run away without letting the opportunity for Julianna to chase him. You don't want it either to be too far away from the "main path" between tunnels and the map target, otherwise it feels like you're wasting even more time reaching the terminal. It was a matter of finding the best spot for each map and tweak stuff around it, to prevent frustrating encounters. I'm glad you noticed it ❤️

  • Deathloop - New Arkane Lyon's game

    • leplubodeslapin
    • February 2, 2022 at 10:44 AM
    Quote from will2k

    49 minutes ago, will2k said: Félicitations :)

    Do you still do engineering work on the side or is it now a long distant memory?

    Thank you :))

    I still do a little bit, as a hobby this time around, i've put a couple of projects in the "Product Design" tab of the website. I also designed and built my kitchen in the past year which was quite a challenge.

    But yes, to be honest working as an engineer feels like a distant memory now, i'm more engaged and passionnate about my work now as a Level Designer.

    I did not expect the job to be like that though, making layouts and placing NPC / patrols was maybe only a third of the work I did on Deathloop. I've been able to bring more ideas to the game than I anticipated, it's a collective effort. I think this part is much more appealing to me, compared to when I was designing stuff as a mechanical engineer.

  • Deathloop - New Arkane Lyon's game

    • leplubodeslapin
    • February 1, 2022 at 11:11 PM

    In case someone's interested in it, i wrote a page on my portfolio about my work on Deathloop :

    https://sylvainmenguy.com/en/project/deathloop

  • Uncharted 4

    • leplubodeslapin
    • January 30, 2022 at 5:16 PM

    Yes Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy are getting a PC release, no precise date yet except early 2022. But as Zarsky said I don't think Uncharted 1, 2 and 3 are planned on PC at all.

  • Deathloop - New Arkane Lyon's game

    • leplubodeslapin
    • October 13, 2021 at 8:56 AM

    @Vilham yep it's still there ?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™