What a joke. Fair play to them for going that way with Rage's development but they should have known that it would kill any viable use for an SDK beyond curiosity as to how Rage is put together.
Posts by Kinky
-
-
Hey Kedhrin. I can whip you up this script if you want, but im moving house today. If you can wait till monday ill do it for you, if not seir is right on the money.
-
Some kind of fuck buddy linkedin?
-
Haha thats my favourite camera angle in favela. Congrats Rick!
Loving this update...
-
Yea i just watched this today, big things coming to steam. Gotta love Gabe.
-
Wednesday sounds good. Can we test 747 again please?

*EDIT - The much awaited cs_museum!

-
Thanks for the feedback Puddy, I'm going to try my best to answer that without it becoming an argument

Aside from the fact that its only got about 1/6 the amount of seats as it should (and theyre huge and stupid) the layout for the original cs_747 is actually fairly close to the real deal. My layout is based on the original map and only really deviates from it in the upstairs cabin and first class areas. Im going to use these three pictures to demonstrate...
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/12CFt23.jpg?1]
This is the proportions of the original 747. Im pretty sure everyone knows a 747 is a lot more cramped than that. With these proportions theres no way anyone can make a good looking map. Also id like to add you still cant walk past someone in any one of these paths. So aside for ease of movement for one player, their width is essentially useless. I also dont necessarily believe it needs this many paths across the width between seats, at all.
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/4wEhAvq.jpg?1]
Heres a real 747... now that is seriously cramped.
[Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ZOn1R9H.jpg?1]
And here's mine. The main aisles are about 50% wider than the real deal. Obviously I'm worried about play space inside this plane. But I don't think it's wildly out as it plays very similar to the original.
To answer your big question. This map is supposed to play like the original cs_747, which many people hated as quite frankly it spits in the face of all rational level design, but this also why many people (like myself) loved it. It was always supposed to be cramped and hard to navigate, I've just pushed it a little bit, maybe a little too far but i think that can be fixed with small collision alteration on the chairs rather than wholesale changes. I also dont see the problem with jumping onto the chairs to get across the width of the plane...
Couple of things we can agree on is the chair height and windows. I think when the chair is modeled and isn't so boxy it will solve the visibility issue (as per real 747 image). As for the windows im probably going to scrap the idea of having them movable and just have certain ones open, it just creates too many dangerous sniper positions currently.
Sorry if this comes across as defensive or blunt (its not meant to be), just trying to stick up for my design decisions. Hopefully others can chime in

-
Interesting, that could be a challenge...
-
Thanks guys, just some follows to whats been said so far.
The narrowness of the plane interior and density of the seats was always something I was expecting controversy about. The 1.6 map was way off scale and i actually want my plane to look good. Delicate balance between play space and artwork. Do you guys think I'm going to have a serious problem with the path widths or will slight collision tweaking be enough? *gulp*
The areas outside the plane will have cover. Baggage trucks and stuff on the tarmac and general airport props inside, I cant say i expected the terrorists to bring the fight to the CTs outside the plane quite so much

Nav mesh is a bit of a rushed mess atm, sorry about that.. the hostages tend to get stuck. Ill fix it.
3dnj, what do you mean by "to climb in the plane" ...specifically to climb from the tarmac into the plane? I thought the stairs i added to the entrance tunnel would alleviate that problem
EDIT: And my thoughts on de_favela
Love the art style, its got a wonderfully balanced colour palette across every area. I noticed a bunch of minor art improvements that could be made but they're all pretty minor. I can take screenshots of some stuff if you want.
Other than that i agree with others that another route option between the two bombsites would be good, really enjoyed the layout otherwise. Good job.
Already gave my thoughts to FMPONE on his map.
-
Yea GG, enjoyed both the other maps. Feedback coming...
-
Im up for voice... Will you guys been on the Mapcore steam group chat during this?
-
Sorry for the double post, just want to make sure that whoever knows ive updated the RAR for my map to include BZ2s. Is testing still going ahead today? Im hoping to be able to drag a few more guys (housemates) along, idk how long theyll stay though. How many maps are getting played?
-
Dont get me wrong im a big fan of battlelog...
-
I use Origin for BF3, being that I don't use any of the social features it irritates me that I have to run it to play but its not that bad.
-
-
Looks really cool, i should really give Cry2 another go. Really wasn't impressed when i played it.
-
The windows currently are all func_doors. They block line of sight but not bullets, wanna see if anyone gets any use out of that. Airline seat will be one of the first props i make i would have thought, but there's a lot of brushwork to go in before then...
-
Thanks guys, hopefully well be testing this on Wednesday so I've put up a download link and a overview shot.
-
Trying to upload via SDK now but it wont take my preview image. 24bit RGB jpg and its saying "unable to parse". Any ideas?
-
Hey can we test my map on Wednesday please?
