I have a Bachelors in game art. It was pointless, 3/22 from my year managed to get industry jobs. marks went to the same uni as me (year below) and left after one year and works at CA. Says it all.
Posts by Kinky
-
-
Yep, thats ridiculous. Assuming you have some further education qualifications any university in the UK would take you with that portfolio.
-
i dont get it.
-
Its automatic
-
best thread ever
-
Ive been waiting for this for years!!!
-
Ermmm... this is awesome.
-
Thanks for this.
-
^ This. If you want to work in the games industry you'll want to become familiar with as many different toolsets as possible. Trust me it will help you immensely when job hunting.
-
-
Agreed. I think in the long term youll find a lot less roadblocks if you go the Unity route. If it makes you feel any better I worked in a very well funded Indie studio that argued about exactly the same thing for about 2 months, it was ridiculous, but its far from uncommon.
-
Agreed with HP, its all relative.
However I would say that generally people find Unity more user friendly. More to the point if you are all relatively inexperienced it generally works out better if you pick an engine that the programmers feel more comfortable with. Art pipeline is a lot easier to learn and experiment with.
-
Cool trailer. Do like CoJ. Good job boys.
-
Omg dat GoT....
Loving Daenerys more and more each freaking episode, she be badass....
-
Totally not seeing why everyone's raving about this. Looks pretty meh to me.
-
Wtf i didnt know you were working on a 747? Looks cool.
-
You made that in hammer? Hot damn...
-
I have a Bamboo and an Intuos 3. Aside from the size I honestly dont notice the difference really. I usually end up using the Bamboo just because the A3 Intuos can be awkward for desk space. Personally i wouldnt shell out for an Intuos unless I was getting a big one, then its probably worth the money.
-
Wow Kikette, those renders are fooking beautiful.
-
Quote from Nz-Nexus
i cant take games like this.
wut