1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Avengus

Posts by Avengus

  • Grid textures like Hammer in Maya?

    • Avengus
    • April 16, 2017 at 5:31 PM

    I've been using Maya for a while to block out levels in Unreal (I don't want to use their BSP) but I'd love to have colored grid textures like in Hammer. Like so:

    [Blocked Image: http://media.moddb.com/images/downloads/1/13/12806/texturesmeshes.jpg]

    I've googled this a ton and come up with nothing usefull. Anybody know how to do this in Maya? Ideally, it would tile automatically as you change the model rather than stretch. Going into a texture editor and select how many times it tiles is too slow. I'd even open to buying a plugin or texture pack if necessary. Thanks!

  • Recording UDK footage

    • Avengus
    • December 1, 2012 at 6:13 PM

    I found that my video card was my problem when I had this happen.

    For whatever reason, no matter what I did, FRAPS would record it VERY dark and I had to adjust (and ruin) my level lighting and gamma to make the level even visible.

    When I got a new video card, FRAPS recorded videos that looked nearly identical to what I saw on screen. :(

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™