1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. sixbyseven

Posts by sixbyseven

  • PB_HelipadEscape

    • sixbyseven
    • November 8, 2014 at 3:16 AM

    Okay, just updated with:


    -Fixed collision

    -Splat-plane to kill player if jumping off building (tsk tsk)

    -Less obnoxious credits/branding (required for the demo)


    Webplayer: http://bit.ly/10rJVb9

  • PB_HelipadEscape

    • sixbyseven
    • November 7, 2014 at 10:05 PM

    It's a cool little demo and the layout is neat


    Thanks!


    but I feel like visually it suffers a little bit if you're looking at it from a functional standpoint. Particularly I'm talking about the crates, they don't make me feel like I'm near a helipad (or a rooftop, for that matter). Ventilation equipment, rails for a window washing platform...surely there are better things which belong on a roof than crates!


    Unfortunately (as you guessed), those crates are all I had to work with for detail meshes in this map, ha. Various reasons, mainly being it'll be distributed to many in full source (not Source, just source) format, and so I can't include anything special...


    Perhaps this isn't the sort of feedback you're looking for though (particularly if there aren't so many assets to work with )


    Nope, that's good feedback! I'm going to work up a "private" version of the map with full detail meshes, effects, better shaders, etc, to really pop. Knowing that someone agrees the lack of proper machinery/etc is a big deal, is helpful.

    The layout works, though.


    Good! That'll be really put to the test later on, when it goes full multiplayer. I'll post a link to that, if I remember, when it happens

    I kept falling through this small set of stairs and out of the map (but only when I ran up the stairs...not down...)


    That's very strange- I'll have to check it out, thanks!

  • PB_HelipadEscape

    • sixbyseven
    • November 7, 2014 at 4:08 PM

    (okay, so I made up the "PB" prefix, but it feels necessary in this forum ...)


    Hi folks! I'd like to share my first finished map in a loooong time. Amazingly had the willpower to stick with it and go all the way! That doesn't happen often. Probably only because I absolutely had to finish this for a multiplayer demo map (UFPS and Photon Networking). Also, the simple, old-school geo was a lot of fun to build. Stickin' to that grid, only 90 and 45 degree angles, really satisfies my OCD needs, ha.


    The entire map took about...5 total days, 8-12 hours a day, I think. Over about a month of on/off work. Looking forward to thoughts, critique, feedback, etc. Still time to edit some things if need be, before this is officially "done".


    In a hurry right now, but I'll try to post more info later, including a gigantic step-by-step document time lapse of the level construction!


    Thanks for looking!


    Webplayer- http://bit.ly/1uDwK3F

    Windows .exe build (much better!)- http://bit.ly/1u6A2Ll


    Special thanks to UFPS (http://www.visionpunk.com) and Game Textures (http://www.gametextures.com)


    Screenshots:


    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…opFromFront.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…TopFromRear.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…ardCorridor.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…0w_Corridor.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…0w_Elevator.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…padDarkSide.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…nnerHallway.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…gAtRearSide.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…ngIntoInner.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…ideStairway.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…TowardFront.jpg]

  • "The Mappening": a Classic-Horror Themed Mapping Contest, Oct1-Nov3

    • sixbyseven
    • October 4, 2014 at 6:26 AM
    Quote from TheOnlyDoubleF

    Do we only have to make a scene/environment ? or is there any gameplay elements to add ?


    Just the environment, and then build out a webplayer so others can give it a try. If anyone needs help on that, just let me know!

  • "The Mappening": a Classic-Horror Themed Mapping Contest, Oct1-Nov3

    • sixbyseven
    • October 1, 2014 at 1:18 AM

    Awesome, thanks Rolling101!

  • "The Mappening": a Classic-Horror Themed Mapping Contest, Oct1-Nov3

    • sixbyseven
    • September 30, 2014 at 11:31 PM

    Hi again Mapcore-ians!


    I'd love to catch your creative interest in a new "Mapping Contest" I am holding, once again. The theme this time is "Classic Horror" and ought to be lots of fun!


    Don't Panic! If you are used to mapping with Hammer, Quake or Unreal, using ProBuilder/Prototype in Unity will feel right at home, I promise. I know many users here are not Unity users, but I would love to see your awesome-laser focused on this contest. Having lurked about these forums for a long time now, and constantly being impressed by what everyone is creating, I would be honored to have you give this a try!


    Also: you can pick up Prototype for free ([email protected]" with "The Mappening" in the subject.

    Judging:

    Maps will be judged based on adherence to the theme, look and design, as well as involvement with the WIP thread here- please post WIP shots, offer critique, and help encourage others!

    Questions? Ask 'em here!

    Good Luck Everyone, and Have Fun!

  • DOOM "E1M1" Level Recreated in Style! Webplayer + 10-Part Video Tutorial

    • sixbyseven
    • April 4, 2014 at 8:34 PM

    Oh, I see! Hmm, I'll try to find time for that, sorry about that- I should have added a GUI for customizing the controls. Well, as just an early demo, not much time for that sort of thing

  • DOOM "E1M1" Level Recreated in Style! Webplayer + 10-Part Video Tutorial

    • sixbyseven
    • April 4, 2014 at 8:23 PM

    Thanks!


    ...azerty?

  • DOOM "E1M1" Level Recreated in Style! Webplayer + 10-Part Video Tutorial

    • sixbyseven
    • April 3, 2014 at 9:02 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…ForumHeader.jpg]

    Hi everyone! Recently, I asked the PB community "What would make a good tutorial series?" Re-creating the iconic "E1M1" level from DOOM was top of the list, and hadn't been done yet (in Unity), so I dived in and started working! Building up the level was a great experience for me, learned quite a bit myself and had a fun time.


    I really hope the end result is something everyone can enjoy- especially those with the same nostalgia [Blocked Image: http://forum.unity3d.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif] Building and playing this brought back great memories of sitting at the old "486" with that clunky keyboard, and no mouse...


    Webplayer: HD or Pixel-icious!

    "Slap a few shells into your shotgun", and give the webplayer a try! There are two versions, one that uses the cool "Pixellator" image effect, and the other in full HD glory:
    Play the "HD" Version or Play the "Pixelicious" Version

    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…m_HDvsPixel.jpg]


    Screenshots

    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…rum_GodRays.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…TowardArmor.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…rum_RedRoom.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…m_SlimeRoom.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…_TunnelDown.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…um_TunnelIn.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…_TowardExit.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…um_ExitRoom.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…wayFromExit.jpg]
    [Blocked Image: http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/linked_images/…m_FromUpTop.jpg]


    Video Tutorial Series

    Now, the part that REALLY took time, effort, and far more work than expected, was the complete, start-to-finish, 10-part video tutorial series that details the entire process! Through this series, I go over everything from building and texturing, to lighting and optimizing, and even how to setup doors, elevators, triggers, slime pit damage, and more. I sincerely hope this will be a big help to anyone looking for an all-inclusive, detailed, in-depth level design and construction tutorial series.

    Directly below is the "Intro" video, and I have linked to each of the 10 other videos just below that. Enjoy, and please let me know if you have any thoughts, comments, or suggestions! EDIT: The darn videos wouldn't show as just a link- so I've removed them and added a single link to the playlist:


    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=…b8XTdePDLIOWk7e


    This was my first full-length tutorial series, learning as I go, there will certainly be more to come [Blocked Image: http://forum.unity3d.com/images/smilies/icon_smile.gif]


    ~
    Thanks for viewing, looking forward to feedback on the tutorials and level!

  • PAID: Seeking Talented Level and Prop Artist, with Social Media Skills

    • sixbyseven
    • December 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM

    Hi everyone!


    Thanks to the recent holiday rush on ProBuilder, I'm finally in a position to throw the dice and hire on some dedicated part-time help! Coming straight to the MapCore community, since I've seen so much talent and (more importantly) self-motivation here.


    To pre-summarize, I need someone to create fun, exciting, inspiring visuals, anything you like at all, using my tool "ProBuilder". Then, use the awesome content you create to spread the word and build awareness of what is possible with the tool, how easy/fun/powerful it is, etc. (If you don't already know ProBuilder- it's dead-simple and you'll learn it in no time, especially if you are a Hammer user)


    This is a Paid Position- no "for experience" BS!


    Title: Creative Content & Social Media

    Pay: $20/hour, + 5% Commission

    Job Summery: Create visually exciting and appealing content that showcases what can be created with ProBuilder for Unity 3D. Then, use this content to market ProBuilder via forums, social media, and other online methods.


    Work Location: Working remotely is just fine, although if you are in the LA, USA area and able to meet occasionally, that's a big plus! I will need you to be available for Skype conversations, as well.


    In Detail: I believe what ProBuilder needs, is someone to consistently create great looking visuals and show them to the world. You will have nearly complete artistic freedom, and exploring many different styles, genres, inspirations, etc, is encouraged required! The goal is to have a constant stream of media showing that virtually anything is possible with ProBuilder, and how easy/fast/fun it is to use.


    The second part of this effort is simply getting the content "out there", via as many channels as possible, for example:

    • Posting daily updates via our official social media channels (Twitter, Facebook, possibly Google+)
    • Posting tutorial and/or timelapse videos on our Youtube channel
    • Posting to the Unity forums, and elsewhere online

    Currently, I am only hiring on for about an hour of work each day- this means jumping into Unity, have a good time working on some content for about 45 minutes, then post some screenshots/news/info/etc. Technically, you can split up the time however you like, with at least a quick post to Twitter/Facebook each day. As more funds become available (thanks to your efforts!), I do hope to hire on full-time, including work for a major game we are currently developing!


    Regarding the 5% Commission- since (currently) I can only pay directly for 10 hours/week, this 5% is intended to encourage a bit of overtime, for those motivated to do so. Commission would be calculated on gross sales income. For example, that would have been about $1500 for December!


    To Apply: Please submit via email a paragraph or so about yourself, and links to your website, portfolio, etc. Past experience is great but not required- just skill and self-motivation.


    ~


    Thanks for looking, and if you are interested, please don't hesitate to email me with questions, or post here. I think this will make a very rewarding and enjoyable side-job for the right person, and will almost certainly grow into much more.


    Best!

    Gabriel W

  • ProBuilder 2.2 (Full source, extrude, edges, yay!) finally done!

    • sixbyseven
    • December 21, 2013 at 9:47 AM

    (I don't want to be spammy so keeping it short- just so excited to have this finally out there, can't hold it back!)

    ProBuilder v2.2 has been a MAJOR project, but we are super, SUPER excited to finally announce it is now LIVE and ready for all! Perfect timing, as the Unity Asset Store is featuring it at 50% off in today’s 24 Hour Sale! (http://bit.ly/10TBjYR) ProBuilder v2.2 includes Full Source, the Extrude function, Edges, Bridging, Collapse Verts, and so much more, it’s become an incredibly more powerful tool. Check out the (sorry, rather lengthy) “Intro Video” at the link below- I’m off to real sleep for the first time in 3 days!


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Finally released "Prototype"! Streamlined, powerful, level editing for Unity. And cheap! :D

    • sixbyseven
    • December 15, 2013 at 12:49 AM

    Should it be of interest, allow me to froodulate your frontal lobes with this fine funky tank:


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Finally released "Prototype"! Streamlined, powerful, level editing for Unity. And cheap! :D

    • sixbyseven
    • December 12, 2013 at 12:24 AM
    Quote from Al Anselmo~Intelect0

    Congrats for releasing this new and powerful tool!


    I have ProBuilder. Does it include everything that comes with Prototype? It's been a while since I last used it.


    Yep, no worries- Prototype is just a "stepping stone" to ProBuilder. In fact, ProBuilder is about to get extremely awesome...more on that soon!

  • Finally released "Prototype"! Streamlined, powerful, level editing for Unity. And cheap! :D

    • sixbyseven
    • December 8, 2013 at 8:04 PM

    Thanks iwxanthi! I really hope this new tool at $15 (vs $100 for PB) will open up good 'ol level design to everyone in Unity. Super fun to use, I find myself just buildiing away, and colorizing is great

  • Finally released "Prototype"! Streamlined, powerful, level editing for Unity. And cheap! :D

    • sixbyseven
    • December 8, 2013 at 1:31 AM

    Hi again all! It's been a long time since I last posted here, very excited to show my newly-launched, Hammer-inspired, level design tool "Prototype". We've added some fancy new items like Extrusion and Face/Vertex coloring, edge selection, and other nifty bits (if you've been following Prototype's big brother, "ProBuilder"). But mostly, the workflow has been streamlined, simplified, and geared toward building test levels, prototypes (see that?), and even game props/etc. Oh, and it's dirt cheap, so everyone can use it!


    I've pasted the text from the Unity Forum post here, and now I need to go sleep a LONG time, it's been quite a week, big thanks to everyone who can take a look, and pass it on if you like what you see. Looking forward to feedback, comments, and awesome new creations from yall!


    -----


    Full information and details available at "http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/prototype". Currently awaiting Asset Store link, meanwhile you can purchase directly via the above link.

    We are very, very excited to finally announce "Prototype"!

    Prototype enables you to build entire game levels (or objects) with speed and simplicity, then test instantly and tweak immediately- there is zero lag in the creative process. This is the powerful core of ProBuilder, but stripped of specialized functions and focused on speed, available for just $15 for the first few days. Check out the video below for a quick overview, including a demonstration of the new Extrude feature!


    Prototype is the core of our powerful mesh-building tool, ProBuilder, stripped for speed and simplicity. Prototype is built specifically for “prototyping” a level- building up the basic structure and flow of your game without wasting a single second, and enabling true speed-of-your-mind game creation. With the ability to build, test, then instantly tweak, test again, etc, your workflow becomes incredibly fast, efficient, and truly fun.

    [Blocked Image: http://forum.unity3d.com/attachment.php…65&d=1386462911]

    Using Prototype, you can quickly build great looking early-stage structures, props, walls, bunkers, vehicles, virtually anything at all. Test and tweak instantly, then replace with final models once your artists catch up- if they can! Prototype also includes ProBuilder’s ability to quickly colorize faces without adding a single draw call, so you can designateteam areas, or just get creative with colorful dev textures.

    Lastly, Prototype includes support for the Detail, Mover, Collider, and Trigger types from ProBuilder, so you can even use Prototype with dynamic doors, lifts, spawns, barriers, player clip, and much more.

    [Blocked Image: http://forum.unity3d.com/attachment.php…66&d=1386464093]

    Whatever your project, Prototype can accelerate it’s development, ease your stress, and ultimately allow you to ship abetter finished project. Give it a try, you’ll wonder how you ever worked without it!

    Full information and details available at "http://www.protoolsforunity3d.com/prototype". Looking forward to any questions, comments, and feedback! We honestly can't wait to see what everyone creates with this new and super-accessible tool

  • BSP-Style level construction tool for Unity

    • sixbyseven
    • September 29, 2013 at 1:01 AM

    Whoopsies sorry to drop off the map guys/gals!


    I, erm...well I kinda took a 3-month-motorcycle-trip-around the US


    Sometimes, you just gotta get away from the computer screen, ya know? Anyway, I'm settled in LA now (saw no point in going back to the midwest, once I made it to Cali). Back at the controls and ProBuilder is really coming along, plus some new things!


    Quite a few changes since back in June- we now have Extrude, huzzah! And rotate/scale vertices is working internally, not released yet. Vertex and face coloring, without extra drawcalls. Lots! I'm excited to get back to work...ironic. But good!


    The recent CS:GO Bravo posts are really making me excited to have more mapping contests soon...Halloween theme anyone? I know it's overdone, but still fun

  • ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

    • sixbyseven
    • May 5, 2013 at 10:21 PM

    FMPONE, you continually blow my mind

    When they have wireless, non-seasicky Occulus Rift devices that can sense you moving, mapping will become properly recognized as an art form, money on that.

  • $500 Mapping Contest! Sci-Fi/Horror Theme, March 1st-31st

    • sixbyseven
    • April 24, 2013 at 3:46 AM

    Awesome- more the merrier!

  • $500 Mapping Contest! Sci-Fi/Horror Theme, March 1st-31st

    • sixbyseven
    • April 24, 2013 at 1:43 AM

    Haha, the catch-22 of the video game biz

  • $500 Mapping Contest! Sci-Fi/Horror Theme, March 1st-31st

    • sixbyseven
    • April 24, 2013 at 1:15 AM
    Quote from FMPONE

    I'm disappointed Zedalis didn't win, personally.

    Quote from Chimeray

    Sort of agree. From the looks of it the map Zedalis seems to have more impressive brushwork, lots of interesting and complex shapes. This really shows what the tool is capable off imo.

    [...] I suppose it's hard on what exactly to judge sometimes

    Learning lesson for next time. We'll have much more clear, focused, and obvious criteria for both contestants and judges. Third time is the charm, they say!

    Thanks for your comments folks I'm also planning a Mapcore-exclusive speed contest in the next few days...just a little something I think will be fun, especially for seasoned map-makers

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™