1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Shnayke

Posts by Shnayke

  • Reducing texture tiling in UE3

    • Shnayke
    • October 11, 2012 at 4:03 AM

    Hi all -

    I'm learning both UE3 and UDK, doing my best to use the pre-included assets of both toolsets to develop a good level design portfolio.

    Right now I'm having some trouble with terrain textures looking really "tiled" in UE3. I found this set of solutions offered here:

    http://udn.epicgames.com/Three/TerrainAdvancedTextures.html

    And they seemed really neat.

    What I did is I implemented the multi-UV mixing technique combined with Rotating the UV technique.

    In my texture preview window I see my ball with my texture applied to it. At least I didn't break anything!

    And then I go ahead and apply the texture to my landscape - and woe is me, it looks horrifically tiled. As if I've done nothing at all.

    The only thing that I think could possibly leave room for error is the "TexCoord" box on the far right, setting the three parameters to read 0, 0.25, and 0.25 from top to bottom. (The first parameter doesn't seem to want to be anything BUT 0). But other than that, the other modifiers seem very simple and straightforward and I can't fathom why this isn't working.

    Any tips/ideas are greatly appreciated.

    Thanks all,

    S

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™