1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. iwxanthi

Posts by iwxanthi

  • What's going on with your life?

    • iwxanthi
    • July 8, 2014 at 11:35 PM

    Yeah the pain was insane.. I spent a week in the hospital, where I followed a shock wave lithotripsy treatment, that didn't directly help and even made it a lot worse the days after. But after 2 weeks just one day before surgery I passed them naturally. Now I just need to consume a lot of water and less coffee to make sure it doesn't happen again.

  • What's going on with your life?

    • iwxanthi
    • July 8, 2014 at 1:05 AM

    Sounds like kidney stones, which I had like a year ago... So yes go to the doctor or when the pain comes back straight to the hospital. Their pain medication is the best!

  • What have you watched recently?

    • iwxanthi
    • June 25, 2014 at 12:16 AM

    The Raid 2. Just wow!

  • CSGO - Hijack

    • iwxanthi
    • June 24, 2014 at 10:25 AM

    Fantastic job Spence, as always

  • Battlefield Hardline

    • iwxanthi
    • June 15, 2014 at 11:58 PM

    Hardline is relying too much on teamwork. It's probably great fun with a group of friends, but playing it with random people is in most cases just frustrating.

  • Spintires

    • iwxanthi
    • May 28, 2014 at 11:32 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://www.banglanews24.com/en/files/2014January/SM/Putin-sm20140318142305.jpg]

  • Godzilla (2014)

    • iwxanthi
    • May 17, 2014 at 11:00 PM

    Going on Sunday, can't wait.

  • Jobye-Kyle Karmaker - Environment Artist

    • iwxanthi
    • May 5, 2014 at 1:13 AM

    Awesome work, nice job!

  • Wolfenstein Returns?

    • iwxanthi
    • April 29, 2014 at 10:15 PM

    I can't freaking wait!

  • DE_CROWN wip by FMPONE and Volcano

    • iwxanthi
    • March 22, 2014 at 12:55 PM

    tss cheat!

  • [CS:GO]de_zoo

    • iwxanthi
    • March 21, 2014 at 11:36 AM

    Looks really nice. Though giving it an abandoned style might work better because of the missing animals.

  • Battlefield 4

    • iwxanthi
    • March 8, 2014 at 1:50 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://scm-l3.technorati.com/10/06/04/13529/bagdad-bob.gif]

  • DE_CROWN wip by FMPONE and Volcano

    • iwxanthi
    • March 8, 2014 at 12:31 PM

    Can't freaking wait. Nice work

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • iwxanthi
    • February 20, 2014 at 11:00 AM

    Awesome! Congratz Puddy and Rick

  • Respawn Entertainment's - Titanfall

    • iwxanthi
    • February 16, 2014 at 10:39 PM

    Man I love this game! I played it quiet a bit over the weekend and it reminds me of UT. Also no bullshit like helicopters or U-bombs you can use on the players.

    So yeh, I will definitely buy it

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • iwxanthi
    • February 11, 2014 at 10:07 AM

    Congratz Squad!

  • What have you watched recently?

    • iwxanthi
    • February 9, 2014 at 11:39 PM

    Unsere Mütter, unsere Väter. Really good TV miniseries that shows the German side of WW2.

  • Marketing an indie game is hard! Any advice?

    • iwxanthi
    • January 31, 2014 at 2:04 PM

    I'm probably the worst to give advice, after shutting down IW.

    However I still have a few tips for you, so you don't make the same mistakes as us..


    1. Don't trust publishers, they probably promise you they will do marketing. In most cases that doesn't happen and you still have to do it yourself..

    2. Like Seldoon says: "Contact people" Probably the most important thing. They can save your ass when shit hits the fan.

    3. Twitchtv, good way to show people your game, Can even do something like a weekly video blog.

    4. Go to a few game events. Great way to get in touch with other devs and outlets to expand your contacts.

    5. When you have a decent prototype, try to get an article on rockpapershotgun. Most of our audience came from them.

    6. If you decide to use social media, Only focus on one platform and interact with your followers and also follow back! Though I agree with Seldoon. Newsletter is still the best method.

  • ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

    • iwxanthi
    • January 31, 2014 at 12:59 PM

    Where can I sign the petition to get 747 remake released?


    Anyway here some of my stuff:


    Mountainbase, was going to be a DLC map for Nuclear Dawn. Though I never finished it, due switching projects. Few weeks ago I released the VMF to the community, so it might see the light of day in some form.


    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13568040/mountainbase05.jpg][Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13568040/mountainbase07.jpg][Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13568040/2012-04-19_00003.jpg][Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13568040/2012-04-19_00004.jpg]


    Downtown night version. The idea was to have a more interesting Splashscreen in ND. So I took a slice of the original Downtown level and made it into a night version. However it causes so many bugs on lower end machines. That we decided to remove it only a few weeks after it was published.

    [Blocked Image: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/13568040/background0002.jpg]

  • [L4D2] RedemptionII

    • iwxanthi
    • January 31, 2014 at 10:44 AM

    Looks amazing! Nice job

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™