1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Jord

Posts by Jord

  • (UE4) Sci-fi Colony Bunk Room

    • Jord
    • July 25, 2014 at 10:22 AM

    Nice work, always love a good sci fi scene and it's going to look awesome in UE4. Looks like a good way to learn the engine, I'm probably going to do a sci fi scene to learn UE4 too as I also love sci fi, even if it is a bit saturated.


    I'm really liking the light style in particular in that scene, the only thing that looks odd to me is that the floor looks like lego

  • Going to the gym is like a korean MMORPG

    • Jord
    • July 25, 2014 at 10:14 AM

    So quick update. I'm still making slow progress, running is getting easier and I've levelled up a weight on the dumbbells.


    With the weather being nicer it's tough to avoid a blow out binge at the weekends with BBQs and trips to the pub with friends. Got to have some fun though

  • THQ... Next Crytek?

    • Jord
    • July 23, 2014 at 9:39 PM
    Quote from PogoP

    Anyone else hear any more news about Crytek? Mate of mine said he's finally been paid, but I'm wondering how you guys are getting on at the UK studio? Hope you're doing alright! I've heard that the env team has shrunk down to like 5 people from 30 odd!


    Glad to hear people are being paid!

  • Mapcore Challenge - Engine Preference

    • Jord
    • July 19, 2014 at 6:43 PM

    The reasons for source are strong ones and valid but I'd love to see what this community could do with UE4. It's seriously impressive, especially with blueprint.

  • Going to the gym is like a korean MMORPG

    • Jord
    • July 11, 2014 at 10:37 PM

    Oh yeh I'm still allowing myself some treats, not completely cutting everything out, I think that would be almost impossible, it's more a case of greatly cutting down. My sugar intake before was pretty crazy now I look back at it, I'm eating more fruit too so that helps with the sugar. I'm actually not missing tea as much as I thought I would be, I feel much better drinking water and more awake generally I think.


    I find that after a while of forcing yourself not to pick up every donut and cookie available you actually don't really miss it, it gets much easier.

  • Going to the gym is like a korean MMORPG

    • Jord
    • July 11, 2014 at 7:57 PM

    Ok to stop taking the piss I probably have something to contribute to the thread.


    I've just started getting back in to the gym again in an effort to lose weight. I've also cut everything crappy out of my diet such as fizzy drinks, which I used to drink a lot of. And replace tea with water, of which I drank 3 or 4 mugs a day with 2 sugars.


    One of the biggest achievements I think I've made is to cut out junk food and snacking during work hours, this is very tough as there's a birthday in the office almost everyday and with that comes free donuts, cookies, cakes etc.


    The weights I'm doing right now are tiny I didn't realise just how weak my muscles ahd got, so I'm having to build that back up slowly, concentrating on form over weight. I actually laughed at some guy doing dumbbell curls with ridiculously heavy weights the other day with really bad form, he's going to have some back problems.


    I'm also doing interval cardio on the treadmill - trying to build up some fitness but concentrating more on weight loss.


    I've lost over half a stone from just over 13 stone and gone down a jean size since starting. My goal is around 11 and a half stone but I'd be happy under 12. I think the diet during work hours has made the biggest impact, it's so hard to keep the will power but it'll pay off.

  • Going to the gym is like a korean MMORPG

    • Jord
    • July 11, 2014 at 5:57 PM

    Everyone's wrong. Just lift bigger weights. Pussies.

  • NEOTOKYO°

    • Jord
    • July 9, 2014 at 12:54 PM

    Loved Neotokyo and hadn't seen that it was on steam. Worthy necro!


    I'll have to download that. Fond memories of Skyline and Shrine, would like to see some more maps.

  • So I have some spare games...

    • Jord
    • July 9, 2014 at 10:28 AM

    Spec Ops gone to Sprony. Still have Bioshock 1 and 2.

  • So I have some spare games...

    • Jord
    • July 9, 2014 at 10:07 AM

    To add to the Mapcore love...


    I have spare copies of Bioshock, Bioshock 2 and Spec Ops: The Line. First come first serve.

  • PAYDAY 2

    • Jord
    • July 4, 2014 at 12:43 PM
    Quote from Puddy

    PM's sent to everyone. 2 Bank Keys and 1 Shotgun Key remaining.


    Haha nah, unfortunately that. The mask just reminded me of your avatar.


    Uhm. Level Designer @ Overkill Software.


    Oh Thanks again!

  • PAYDAY 2

    • Jord
    • July 4, 2014 at 11:45 AM

    Shotgun plx?


    Where do you get these keys?!

  • THQ... Next Crytek?

    • Jord
    • July 4, 2014 at 10:08 AM

    Hope you guys pull through. This news is pretty sad


    http://www.computerandvideogames.com/470322/around-…-claims-report/

  • PAYDAY 2

    • Jord
    • July 1, 2014 at 11:26 AM

    Cheers Puddy!

  • PAYDAY 2

    • Jord
    • July 1, 2014 at 9:58 AM

    Could I take a key please? Just picked up Payday 2 in the sale.

  • THQ... Next Crytek?

    • Jord
    • June 26, 2014 at 2:28 PM
    Quote from PogoP


    My 1 bedroom flat in Birmingham cost me £650 a month just for the rent, before bills or anything.


    Haha I pay more than double that in London. It's ridiculous!


    London be crazy yo.

  • THQ... Next Crytek?

    • Jord
    • June 26, 2014 at 1:13 PM
    Quote from r1ar

    700£?


    What price for 1 badroom apartments in UK?


    My 1 bedroom flat in Birmingham cost me £650 a month just for the rent, before bills or anything.

  • Joel Burgess - The Iterative Level Design Process of Bethesda Game Studios

    • Jord
    • June 23, 2014 at 10:12 AM

    Great read, thought it was worth sharing.


    http://www.bethblog.com/2014/06/02/the…a-game-studios/

  • Summer 2014 Steam Sale is Live

    • Jord
    • June 20, 2014 at 6:00 PM

    Looks like I already own everything that's been on sale so far pretty much. Might be a cheap sale for me this one.

  • Anti aliasing features-Whatsapp

    • Jord
    • June 5, 2014 at 2:46 PM
    Quote from WhatsApp104

    Making above teapot for the graphics card is going to have little career . In agame with relocating men


    I'm so glad they're finally addressing this issue. Thx for listenign devs

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™