1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. gav

Posts by gav

  • de_3rdstrike

    • gav
    • November 20, 2015 at 4:51 AM

    thanks for the reply.

    Its good to get feedback. I have played it on test against bots so many times it is less confusing but i do appreciate a fresh set of eyes. I initially started this map for a 32 player server so the size and number of routes is based around that. The lighting rule i have addapted was that your weapon never goes black even in a dark area so the sewer area needs some more tweaking for general visibily .

    if it was possible to get even close to competitive level i would be happy to do a lot of work. .

  • de_3rdstrike

    • gav
    • November 19, 2015 at 12:21 PM

    Thanks 3Dnj . when you say smoothed ? Is that the texture depth ?

  • de_3rdstrike

    • gav
    • November 19, 2015 at 1:58 AM

    Good day to all .

    I am hoping that i'm close to complete on my CSGO map 3rdstrike. I have reduced to BSP size by reducing the amount of custom textures and swapping HL2 props back to CSGO. I am not really strong in the tech department and have only been able to do what Pakrat would let me. the map file now is 179 meg unzipped down from 258 . Sadly i think some of the custom textures i swapped out made a difference but the file size was too large.

    I have edited out a few boosts that were found but really now want some feedback from people with their fingers on the pulse when it comes to mapping.

    From the B1 version Other changes were done to lighting - a lower connector was closed but can still be used as a peek for CT . Any feedback is good feedback and I would appreciate any support here :D Plez .


    WORKSHOP

    OVERVIEW

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • gav
    • September 7, 2015 at 6:38 PM

    Cheers . Will attack that when i get to PC .

  • [CS:GO] de_highlands (WIP)

    • gav
    • September 7, 2015 at 3:44 PM
    Quote from Roo

    i blame the GPS

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • gav
    • September 7, 2015 at 3:34 PM

    Yep. Fat fingers were no help ?

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • gav
    • September 7, 2015 at 3:27 PM

    Hullo .

    I am just about to resubmit a workshop map , hoping its the last time. [url='']http://de_3rdstrike[/url]

    Cant really add to many screens ATM as im at work on my phone.

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • gav
    • September 7, 2015 at 2:57 PM

    Hey guys I dont have a map in the comp but I am just about to update my workshop map . The server it gets played on doesn't use workshop but instead i upload bsp which then creates issues for clients.

    I made a few changes from the beta from some feedback but would value the feedback here immensely.

  • [WIP] de_alps

    • gav
    • September 7, 2015 at 12:31 PM

    I like what i see . I think its great you have put in such effort.

  • [CS:GO] Rails

    • gav
    • June 1, 2015 at 9:09 AM

    Awesome job . so much ispiring

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™