1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. onji

Posts by onji

  • Thriko's photos

    • onji
    • August 11, 2012 at 1:30 AM
    Quote from Thrik

    [Blocked Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37346336/pebbles.jpg]

    Crikey, that's got some nice POM!

  • Crysis 3

    • onji
    • August 11, 2012 at 1:25 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/8402/tesselationtoad.jpg]

    What kind of requirements are we looking at here?

    And of course, CE looking beautiful as always.

  • QuakeCon 2012 - Carmack Keynote

    • onji
    • August 11, 2012 at 12:10 AM
    Quote from Bunglo

    I can listen to Carmack all day. 95% of what he says goes over my head, but I find his conversations great to listen to whilst I work.

    Good call. I went through that recording yesterday while I was working.

  • STALKER devs closed down?

    • onji
    • August 2, 2012 at 1:34 PM

    Yeah those, is it a conifer?, trees look straight out of Stalker. That bus stop reminds me of the one you camp behind to ambush a pair of bandits early on in the game.

  • STALKER devs closed down?

    • onji
    • August 1, 2012 at 3:04 AM
    Quote from Sentura

    find them fb they're making like weekly updates on their progress

    This ^

  • STALKER devs closed down?

    • onji
    • August 1, 2012 at 1:40 AM

    Correct me if it's already been said before,

    But GSC turned into Vostok Games, which are now making a F2P MMO 'Survarium' For the time being it doesn't look a whole lot different to Stalker. According to http://%7boption%7d Bethesda has bought the rights to the Stalker franchise.

    Bring on Survarium

  • What have you watched recently?

    • onji
    • July 26, 2012 at 11:43 PM

    Peep Show

    I don't know how I've missed this for so many years, these bastards are hillarious

  • Jurassic Park: The Game (aka Who Should Be Fired?)

    • onji
    • July 26, 2012 at 5:48 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_leya84NXWD1qdtra1o1_500.jpg]

    Yeah watch out, those Koalas are vicious little bastards.

  • Crysis 3

    • onji
    • July 25, 2012 at 10:49 AM

    Jesus horsemeat Christ, those shots are hot. Super glad to see the return of vegetation, and some new ventilation crawling......... Nice!

    I'm really looking forward to this, and I guess it's about time for a new video card.

  • References Thread

    • onji
    • July 25, 2012 at 10:20 AM

    http://www.dezeen.com/

    Mostly modern architecture, and occasional household/office items.

  • What are you playing now?

    • onji
    • July 25, 2012 at 12:04 AM

    I'm gonna go with Sentura on this one.

    I really enjoyed this game. But SpronyvanJohnson raises valid points about the static world, lack of story, to a lesser degree the quest system, and the ending. When compared to any other modern shooter, I didn't find any more invisible walls than usual, certainly no more than in CoD or GoW (admittedly I only got 1/2 way through GoW before I lost interest entirely). Blurry textures were a big issue initially, but the first patch resolved that. Story is definitely not a selling point, but there was enough of it to give the game context, and I've never seen a strong story line in an id Software game... except maybe Return to Castle Wolfenstein. I didn't like how the quest system wouldn't let me pick an active quest, so I always had to follow the beacon of whatever was the most recently active quest. I would definitely have liked to have seen more physics in the game, so that was a bit of a let down. The ending was also a bit meh, and felt slapped on.

    Everything else about the game, was awesome IMO. The movement felt really solid and consistent, and no weird mouse filtering. I loved the sound and feel of the weapons in combat, they felt quite savage, the crossbow was definitely a hit with me. I generally don't like driving games and wasn't expecting to enjoy it in Rage, but I got into it, and the vehicle combat was also fun, if a bit repetitive. I also liked the salvage/crafting part of the game and I enjoyed having more options to choose from than I could carry or craft.

  • GTA V

    • onji
    • July 23, 2012 at 11:34 PM

    Very true, I did enjoy the varied types of terrain and climate in GTA:SA. And the sheer size of SA really made it fun to drive the high performance cars. In GTA4 it's a bit tricky for me to be able to open up the engine on an Infernus without almost hitting something.

  • Battlefield 4

    • onji
    • July 23, 2012 at 11:10 PM
    Quote from Chimeray

    I don't really understand the appeal of yearly iterations either, like CoD, fifa, etc... But hey, seems like enough people like it Well, at least BF won't join em.

    I'm not really sure how CoD still sells like hotcakes year after year, but in defence of selling a FIFA game every year I will say that it is a bit more important with sports games as the player roster changes every year, and even the laws rules of the sport may change every year.

  • Battlefield 4

    • onji
    • July 23, 2012 at 12:08 PM
    Quote from Chimeray

    What's that supposed to mean? Either 13mil people were cheated into buying BF3 or it's a good game. I'd like to think it's the latter.

    It was meant as a joke against stats. I've got nothing against BF3, I think it's a great game, particularly the multiplayer. It's got more depth than most of the other military shooters out there, and it's way more accessible than ARMA. I personally don't see how CoD:MW always outsells it.

    Quote from Chimeray

    New IP´s are rarely a financial success in the first iteration and a huge risk as a result

    But it would be pretty rare for a financially unsuccessful new IP to get the green light on a sequel... right?

  • Battlefield 4

    • onji
    • July 23, 2012 at 7:29 AM
    Quote from marks

    Solution: Don't make shit products. Capitalism 101

    I'm not entirely sure if capitalism aims to preclude shit products..... Justin Bieber, Michael Bay, those things you can buy to squeeze out the last 3ml of a tube of toothpaste

    Quote from marks

    vgchartz lists 13.5million sales of bf3. i guess people want it huh

    People can come up with statistics to prove anything Rick, 14% of all people know that.

    [Blocked Image: http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7h6fjpj2Z1qzzd6io1_400.jpg]

  • GTA V

    • onji
    • July 23, 2012 at 7:15 AM
    Quote from knj

    bad day i guess, but the bottom line : i want Vice City remake

    I'd definitely be on board for more of this! Then again SA could be pretty cool with in an 80s rendition.

  • [CE3] Beach Bar Environment

    • onji
    • July 21, 2012 at 10:31 AM

    Just stumbled across this thread today, and I've gotta say I really like this. Really cool to see some stylised art going on with CryEngine.

  • GTA V

    • onji
    • July 21, 2012 at 9:59 AM

    Wow!...........

    Not too shabby, not too shabby at all. I wonder if the return to the West coast will also bring with it the craziness of GTA:SA? Jet packs, and dildos etc.

  • Battlefield 4

    • onji
    • July 21, 2012 at 2:39 AM

    Yeah Marvin summed it up pretty well. Just another money grab to reiterate the same codebase a year later, making sure they squeeze as many sales out of the current gen of consoles. Personally I think BF3 has awesome multiplayer, but the online pass system is another brazen $$ grab. It may be cool, but I don't have high expectations.....

    If they released an SDK, however, that would be an entirely different matter.

  • Ghost Recon Future Soldier

    • onji
    • July 18, 2012 at 9:42 AM

    Nice one, I enjoyed Deep Fire and Subtle Arrow. The vista when you get to see the boat for the first time with the environmental foley really made it seem huge, and a bit monstrous

    The firefight through the sandstorm in Subtle Arrow was also pretty cool, having to rely on optics the whole time. Although admittedly I switch to, and stay on magnetics for most of the shooting sequences. It was a bit interesting though, that my sniper rifle could shoot a dude behind sandbags, but not someone behind a tent. Overall though awesome work man, I'd definitely be proud of it.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™