1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Fuzyhead

Posts by Fuzyhead

  • The random model thread!

    • Fuzyhead
    • March 2, 2016 at 8:23 AM
    Quote from jakuza

    Nearly finished my first car. Feels good. I would still appreciate crits though.

    Can you show a wireframe please? It looks a bit blocky, may need more than 8k tris (I do not know what's the normal polycount for a source engine car though). Also it seems like you are not mirroring the sides which can save you a lot of uv space.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Fuzyhead
    • October 29, 2015 at 9:18 AM
    Quote from Jonny Phive

    Looking great

  • The random model thread!

    • Fuzyhead
    • June 10, 2015 at 3:36 PM
    Quote from gfx0

    @kanine01 [/b]

    What does the 1024^2 A/M/R/N mean in your barrel model picture? The model is awesome looking btw I'm just curious.

    Albedo/Metalness/Roughness/Normalmap with a 1024x1024 resolution.

  • The random model thread!

    • Fuzyhead
    • June 3, 2015 at 8:23 AM

    Interesting video Kanine. Only thing I would recommend is using the symmetry modifier way more often. Currently you are doing many steps 2 times for both sides instead of simply letting the modifier handle that automatically.

  • The random model thread!

    • Fuzyhead
    • April 28, 2015 at 10:22 PM

    So, it is still somehow wip (I think there are still some scratches missing on the magazine) but I think I am close to call it finished. Main reference is still this concept.

    Hope you guys like it.


    [Blocked Image: http://mathiswidrat.com/images/compact_sniper/Compact_Sniper_03.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://mathiswidrat.com/images/compact_sniper/Compact_Sniper_02.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • Fuzyhead
    • April 1, 2015 at 7:57 AM
    Quote from AyzOn

    Sexy Rifle though, but I think there are some parts that are weirdly shaded. The front part of the Iron sights or that thing at the side of the scope for example.

    Is it based on a concept?

    It is mainly (not entirely) based on this concept.

    And indeed, the part at the side of the scope looks strange... but I guess it is caused by some cage intersection since it was not baked with a exploded mesh yet. But thanks for the feedback, will take a closer look to those parts next time

  • The random model thread!

    • Fuzyhead
    • March 31, 2015 at 5:10 PM

    I really lost my motivation in making 3d stuff after working - only things I got done during the last 1-2 months were the lowpoly and the bake...


    [Blocked Image: http://mathiswidrat.com/images/compact_sniper/Weapon_Compact_Sniper_03.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • Fuzyhead
    • March 16, 2015 at 7:52 AM

    Made a rough image with some feedback.

    What happened out of the last pistol you posted earlier?

  • The random model thread!

    • Fuzyhead
    • February 18, 2015 at 2:25 PM
    Quote from leplubodeslapin

    If you want my opinion, i think it's a bit too smooth, you'd gain to make your edges harder (but still keep them slightly rounded off, it does matter, in order to keep these fine white lines due to the reflection of light).

    As far as I know it should actually be the other way around - you should do your edges smoother than the actual reference to achieve a better effect (especially from distance - for example).

    About the model itself - looking good in general, but as I said before I would recommend you to create some more complex model so you gain more experience then creating smaller assets over and over again without actually challenging yourself.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Fuzyhead
    • January 19, 2015 at 5:47 PM

    Thanks everyone. Actually thought no one is actively watching this thread

    Nice people, interesting project, happy to be here.

    Thanks for the congratulations again.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Fuzyhead
    • January 19, 2015 at 8:12 AM

    Mathis Widrat - IO Interactive

  • The random model thread!

    • Fuzyhead
    • November 19, 2014 at 10:26 PM

    Had a weekend without internet (relocation) and created a weapon (Hp only) out of a concept:

    [Blocked Image: http://mathiswidrat.com/images/misc/Weapon_Compact_Sniper.jpg]

  • Hamsterz Project SOS!!!!

    • Fuzyhead
    • October 26, 2014 at 12:08 PM

    Hey Geoprimedonna, as far as I know this section is for personal portfolio sites only, not for presenting your projects you are currently working on. Maybe you should think about posting your project's updates in a different section, like this one. You might going to get more feedback after posting there as well.

  • The random model thread!

    • Fuzyhead
    • August 28, 2014 at 10:16 PM

    Well well, even though there was no criticism (unfortunately), here is the final asset:


    [Blocked Image: http://mathiswidrat.com/images/m1918_bar/m1918_bar_ue_04.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • Fuzyhead
    • August 27, 2014 at 1:36 PM

    Yet again working on a WWII weapon. The textures aren't 100% finished, therefore I am looking for some feedback


    [Blocked Image: http://mathiswidrat.com/images/m1918_bar/m1918_bar_ue_01_v3.jpg]

  • Mathis Widrat - Environment Artist

    • Fuzyhead
    • August 15, 2014 at 6:10 PM

    Yeah I like to see old stuff from artists as well, but since most people tell me to get rid of my old stuff I just do it, even though I would like to keep some.

    Anyweay, got some new content on my website (currently looking for a new (freelance) job as well):

    [Blocked Image: http://mathiswidrat.com/images/Preview_Facade.jpg]


    [Blocked Image: http://mathiswidrat.com/images/Preview_Mp40.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • Fuzyhead
    • August 15, 2014 at 4:54 PM

    Eventhough I fear that this joke might be only funny for someone who understands german...

    [Blocked Image: http://mathiswidrat.com/images/mp40/mp40_ue4_01_01.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • Fuzyhead
    • August 13, 2014 at 6:24 PM
    Quote from AyzOn

    MP40.

    You should have renamed the picture.^^


    Damn... yet again underestimated humanity

  • The random model thread!

    • Fuzyhead
    • August 13, 2014 at 5:41 PM

    Magazine of a weapon I am currently creating, hopefully I can show the rest soon:

    [Blocked Image: http://mathiswidrat.com/images/mp40/mp40_ue4_06.jpg]


    Anyone has an idea what weapon it's going to be ?

  • The random model thread!

    • Fuzyhead
    • August 2, 2014 at 12:46 PM

    I have to agree all of you afterwards - the plaster seems indeed a bit off, especially the normalmap and the brightness. Thanks for the feedback

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™