1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. curtisc

Posts by curtisc

  • Interface Designer and Environment Modeler

    • curtisc
    • January 25, 2012 at 8:25 PM

    So based on Marvin.Star's suggestions, and just realizing that he was pretty much right on all accounts I decided to just recreate my entire website.

    I do want to do environment art and world building so I have focused solely on that, while keeping my web/interface design work on the site in a separate, less noticeable section.

    I am not really looking for critique on the work itself at this time, as I am in the process of creating entirely new, smaller and more focused environment pieces with much more focus on quality. These are all quite old (from 2008 in school) and I know they are severely lacking. It is really just up there so I can get my website up and running with at least something to show.

    However, I am looking for any tips on how I could improve the site, if anyone notices anything.

    The link is the same. http://www.curtiscampbell.ca

    Thanks everyone!

  • Interface Designer and Environment Modeler

    • curtisc
    • January 21, 2012 at 9:34 AM

    Thanks for your suggestions. I will fix some of the problems you mentioned. However there is no flash on the website, and this gallery is viewable by everyone as it's just HTML and Javascript.

  • Interface Designer and Environment Modeler

    • curtisc
    • January 17, 2012 at 6:58 AM

    Hi everyone!

    I am just here to get some feedback on my portfolio site.

    I am completely re doing my 3D work as I am not happy with the current content I have on there.

    I am really just looking for tips on if you guys think this is good presentation. I have been an interface designer and web developer for the past four years but have always had a passion for gaming and looking to get into this industry and out of web.

    Thanks everyone!

    http://www.curtiscampbell.ca

    Curtis

  • Small UDK Scene

    • curtisc
    • September 8, 2011 at 12:30 AM

    Here's an update.

    I'm not planning on making it playable just a visual piece. Aiming for something similar to what you would see in Oblivion, or Dragon Age etc.

    I haven't even started working on the background yet and I want to add more detail such as different foliage and some greenery in the water etc.

    Let me know what you think so far

    Thanks

    [Blocked Image: http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/Rassane/bridge_test_2.jpg]

  • Small UDK Scene

    • curtisc
    • September 1, 2011 at 10:43 PM

    Hi everyone.

    My first post on Mapcore. I haven't really been doing any 3D for awhile unfortunately. I went to a tech school for 3D Environment art, then ended up getting a job as a web designer, now I'm back to doing 3D as that is what I truly want to do.

    Here's my portfolio:

    http://www.curtiscampbell.ca

    But, here's the scene I'm currently working on. It's obviously a WIP but just wanted to get some feedback on the general idea so far. Everything is custom except the water, which I'll be creating my own material for that.

    Let me know what you think! Thanks everyone.

    [Blocked Image: http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/Rassane/bridge_Test.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™