1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. kanine01

Posts by kanine01

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • February 12, 2015 at 9:32 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://puu.sh/fOs8d/7a1616614f.PNG] 2hr speed model

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • January 27, 2015 at 6:09 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://puu.sh/f5tCT/81e5b764f2.png] Pooped this out in like an hour

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • January 8, 2015 at 1:12 AM
    Quote from esspho

    I was wondering because you share a lot of pictures in a regular fashion. And every new one looks even better than the last one.

    Are those mostly portfolio pieces or are you a member of a modteam?

    Anyway keep it up!

    Thanks! ^^


    They're mostly portfolio pieces. I've recently started working on an indie game with a friend but it's under wraps as it's only just started development.

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • January 7, 2015 at 10:20 PM
    Quote from esspho

    Just finished this Winchester Model 1876 model that I’ve been working on. How much time do you spend on a model like this from start to finish?


    That's a hard question to answer. The thing is that I'm constantly juggling multiple projects, and I tend to procrastinate. This specific model was worked on really sporadically, but I worked on and finished the high poly model around a month ago. That phase was done in about 1 night. I was working on other stuff for about 3 weeks until I did the low poly and uv maps in about two nights. After that I spent about two hours messing about with the base values for the materials and about two more hours trying to get the wood to look good. I spent like a week working on and off pulling my hair out trying to figure out how to achieve the metal effect, until I realized I could literally just rip pieces from reference photos and place them on the albedo. Once I figured out how simple the process was it took me like an hour to just place the cutout effects and stitch them together to get rid of seaming. I would say that if I did it all in one go and knew before how to achieve the metal effects, I would've only taken like 3 or 4 days.

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • January 5, 2015 at 11:58 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://puu.sh/e7PYF/bb363e3f08.png][Blocked Image: http://puu.sh/e7Q0r/1a1a5fd3de.png] Just finished this Winchester Model 1876 model that I’ve been working on.

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • December 5, 2014 at 4:29 PM

    I'm working on a Walther Model SLD Flare Pistol. It's hovering around 4.6k tris at the moment. [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/RLxyMLJ.png][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/k3GSRwT.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/UA08Q7P.jpg] Any suggestions on how I can push the material some more??

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • November 25, 2014 at 5:24 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/kD3dLW3.jpg] 45 minute speed model

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • November 10, 2014 at 12:43 AM
    Quote from UnknownPredator

    Do you have a wireframe of that?

    http://kurtfitzgerald.tumblr.com/post/102226716…-intratec-cat-9

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • November 8, 2014 at 12:43 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/cbDsIDf.jpg] Pretty close to calling it finished at this point.

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • November 5, 2014 at 2:37 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/InpsPo3.jpg] mostly base values and some very basic texture crits? polycount thread

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • October 31, 2014 at 11:16 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/C7J5T0t.jpg]First test bake this morning. Polycount Thread

  • Free Art & Level Design Resources Megathread

    • kanine01
    • October 29, 2014 at 3:13 AM

    http://www.ctrlpaint.com/ is a good resource for beginners.

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • October 29, 2014 at 3:09 AM
    Quote from Sigma

    I can't tell if this is a real pistol or not. If not, then my suggestion on the magazine release button indentation would be to let the cut flow into the finger grips as opposed to carrying it back out to the same planar level as the rest of the side of the grip. Other than that, very nicely done.

    Here's my reference.

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • October 26, 2014 at 2:42 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/DbBFsDG.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • September 26, 2014 at 1:03 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/A21INZR.jpg]

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • September 9, 2014 at 5:55 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/n0ysPeY.jpg] Speed modelled a 20 and 30 round STANAG. Probably going to use it soon for other projects.

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • September 6, 2014 at 3:02 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/9XEtzj8.jpg] Made this and printed as a poster for my girlfriend as a birthday gift. :3

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • August 20, 2014 at 6:26 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/OTMIuY1.jpg][Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/ErDNC8C.jpg] I think I'm calling this finished.

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • August 17, 2014 at 1:39 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://i.imgur.com/WJ9TSbo.jpg] heavy work in progress, id say im pretty happy with the metal at the moment. i havent touched the plastic/polymer grip besides laying down the base material.

  • The random model thread!

    • kanine01
    • August 8, 2014 at 10:20 AM

    Most of what I've been posting in the thread has been doodles. I'm working on developing a small game in UE4 with some people at the moment, I'm also currently experimenting with recreating a hallway from the Enterprise in Star Trek: TNG in UE4. I plan on posting screenshots soon.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™