1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. u.s.marshal

Posts by u.s.marshal

  • [TF2] Zinkenite Valley (Control Points)

    • u.s.marshal
    • September 23, 2011 at 11:20 PM

    Looks great! I'll give it a try !

  • [CSS] de_restaurant

    • u.s.marshal
    • September 18, 2011 at 9:39 PM

    The performance is pretty good due to prop_physics_multiplayer don't worry. I'm on the job hunt so I thought it would be a good idea to make a little trailer for my portfolio showing the level and some gameplay action. The background of the collapsed street is simple.. a terrorist attack happend. The terrorist fled into the restaurant next to their targeted building and the Counter Terrorist are to stop them. But of course it's mostly there for level boundary reasons

  • [CSS] de_restaurant

    • u.s.marshal
    • September 18, 2011 at 8:29 PM

    Thanks for your feedback twiz !

    during Beta stage the interiors had lots of props in it but after getting some gameplay feedback (online testing) I decided to make it more multiplayer friendly by deleting some useless details.

    Year you are definitely right with the shadows but should be fixed in this version (some pictures are from an earlier version of the map) if not please tell me.

    I haven't gotten any negative feedback about the big bar room yet however if it disturbs gameplay I'll fix it !

    I don't know if there are any servers yet since I just released the map today but I'm sure there will be !

    btw .nav file is included

  • [CSS] de_restaurant

    • u.s.marshal
    • September 18, 2011 at 6:57 PM

    de_restaurant final

    Description: de_restaurant is a fast-paced, action loaded Counter-Strike: Source map. The bomb spot is located at the top floor, easy to reach but hard to defend. The map is designed for 5 vs 5 multiplayer action.

    You Tube: de_restaurant action trailer http://%7Boption%7D

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    I'm currently looking for a job so I've had some time to finish this map.

    DOWNLOAD:

    Uploaded.to http://%7boption%7d

    Direct download http://%7boption%7d

    My Portfolio: http://www.marcel-leveldesign.com

    Screenshots:

    [Blocked Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12670887/hl2%202011-09-17%2022-37-27-58.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12670887/de_restaurant%202.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12670887/hl2%202011-09-17%2022-40-08-83.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12670887/de_restaurant%2012.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12670887/hl2%202011-09-17%2022-29-10-14.jpg]

  • Helder Pinto - Level / Environment Artist

    • u.s.marshal
    • September 8, 2011 at 4:11 PM

    Hey Hélder,

    just came across your portfolio page, looks awesome man ! love the design and layout and I found it pretty easy to navigate.

    I don't think I have to talk about the content (because it's great)

  • [UDK] The Nocturnal Vapour

    • u.s.marshal
    • April 4, 2011 at 12:24 AM

    Wow looks impressive! the architecture and overall theme reminds me of BioShock Infinite.

  • Billy Hallden - Level Designer

    • u.s.marshal
    • November 30, 2010 at 8:37 AM

    hey Billy,

    Man, I gotta tell you Flamingo Holocaust looks great. The atmosphere is awesome. I'll keep an eye on that ^^

  • Lukas Van Daele - Level Designer

    • u.s.marshal
    • November 14, 2010 at 3:28 AM

    Hey Lukas,

    First I'd like to say that you've got some nice stuff on your page !

    I like your introduction videos even though they are a bit too long. The Cryengine 2 walkthrough video was okay, but I got a little bit confused because I first saw your great screenshots and the video didn't look like those. I assume that you captured the video in "low details" ? I wouldn't do that ! capture it at high and put anti-aliasing at 4 or something.

    I think your portfolio is easy to use and all screenshots are in full screen available, which is great ! my favorite project is your UE 3 Mirror's Edge map, I really like it.

    Way to go !

  • [Crysis] Storm

    • u.s.marshal
    • November 8, 2010 at 10:58 PM

    wow just impressive - looking forward to your video

  • (UDK) Shotgun Spartacus

    • u.s.marshal
    • November 8, 2010 at 10:51 PM

    + Arena script sequence is great and shows a lot of potential

    + The arena script sequence is a great level introduction

    + Final script sequence is awesome presented


    - Way too symmetric I prefer asymmetric levels

    - Sometimes it feels like a multiplayer map

    - The level pacing is a bit confusing (waiting for the final art pass)

    The bottom line is that your level shows a lot of potential, but for me it's in an early beta stadium.

    I love the way how you've implemented the soldier who kinda guides you through the level but on the other hand there is

    your level layout which doesn't emphasize your great work - I'm looking forward to the "final" art pass.

  • Michael Abraham - Level Designer

    • u.s.marshal
    • October 25, 2010 at 7:43 PM

    Hey Michael

    Quote

    I am currently hunting for a job

    Do you want to get a job as a level designer ? if yes I'm not sure if your homepage is the best way to present your level design work. I like your level design work and I think you should be more focused on that.

    The thing is that some of your work doesn't look that good, for example your drawings, I mean I'm not an Artist but in my view this http://%7boption%7d and

    this one http://ezekel.dreamhosters.com/images/d ... rider1.jpg doesn't really look good. I think you should "clean up" your homepage a little bit, redesign it (make it easy to navigate) and maybe separate your blog from your homepage. I would suggest making a portfolio page (to get a job) and a homepage/blog (additional informations for your future employer)

    That just how I would make it =) way to go !

  • Thiago Klafke - Environment Artist

    • u.s.marshal
    • October 21, 2010 at 3:59 PM

    Disagreeable to hear ! Good luck with your job search, I wish you success.

    By the way, I would highly recommend going to canada. I know a lot Brazilians there especially in Toronto and it seems to be a nice place to live for them (I've beent to Toronto many times, It's great !)

  • The Ball - Indie FPS Action/Puzzle Game

    • u.s.marshal
    • October 19, 2010 at 9:29 PM
    Quote

    The German version is 100% uncut and similar to the version the rest of the world has.

    blessedly it's uncut =) I'm so sick of getting only the cut version in (censorship)Germany. I'm going to buy the boxed version, that's for sure. Congrats on the great design idea

    Quote

    I am seriously considering writing a new book about the development of The Ball.

    Would be interesting to read. I really enjoyed it reading your level design book.

    Way to go !

  • Jason Mojica - Designer (**updated** 10-7-2010)

    • u.s.marshal
    • October 5, 2010 at 8:24 AM

    I voted for #2 because I like the simplified overview. It's easy to navigate and your great work is clearly defined. I'm not a big fan of your "Japanese style" design but it's ok as long as it presents you.

  • Valentin Levillain - Level Artist

    • u.s.marshal
    • September 15, 2010 at 8:53 PM

    Hi,

    I love your levels WOODS looks great and it has that "Team Fortress2" feeling.

    http://%7boption%7d

    I like the easy navigation and your screenshots are well-chosen.

    Good luck, hope your internship search will be successful.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™