1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. kab

Posts by kab

  • The random model thread!

    • kab
    • June 9, 2010 at 12:26 AM

    First model that's going into a map. It's supposed to be some computery equipment kind of thing for my NS2 level. I think the basic geometry is done(that is if my assumption that small lights and a screen thing can be done fairly well with texture and bumpmaps etc. ?). It has 308 tris and 146 polys:

    [Blocked Image: http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w234/Kabelen/compthingwip01.jpg]

    It's supposed to be placed in the opening here:

    [Blocked Image: http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w234/Kabelen/spacing01.jpg]

    Is it too simple? Is it not? Also remember I spent all day working on this(since I'm a noob and all things take time) and trying to get a decent UVW Map done too(which I actually managed to pull off so now I'm practicing texturing as that's what I really suck at!!) so don't be too hard on me

  • The random model thread!

    • kab
    • May 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM

    Thanks [HP]

  • The random model thread!

    • kab
    • May 25, 2010 at 9:01 PM

    Hello. First time on new account. I've been browsing for a while in this thread and there's a lot of good stuff.

    I finally had the time to learn how to model, so I went through a few tutorials and gave the lamp in the livingroom a go:

    [Blocked Image: http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w234/Kabelen/lamp.jpg]

    No texture, just colors. Also it's got waaaaay too many polys

    edit: need tips on good tuts for unwrapping and texturing(3ds max / photoshop), anyone?

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™