1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Surfa

Posts by Surfa

  • [HP] ~ 3D Sketchbook Thread

    • Surfa
    • December 31, 2009 at 12:36 AM

    I am not sure the unique detail added justifies the use of three time as much texture space. But other than that the design whereas some generic feels well executed and the final result looks the bomb.

  • Off Limits - Russia

    • Surfa
    • December 29, 2009 at 6:13 PM

    I am going to have to agree about some of the texture work looking a little low res. The theme is solid if not a bit cluttered (at first It was hard for me to understand the purpose of the building) but that might just be me. The brush work and lighting look pretty sweet although it all seems very well lit some area of shadow would be nice (maybe this is a game play choice though) overall it looks fantastic. Also I love the map overview graphics (not really part of the map).

  • The random model thread!

    • Surfa
    • December 22, 2009 at 10:29 PM

    Hey guys I am new to these forums I joined because I wanted to improve my lighting in my scenes but I thought I might start with some prop and weapon work.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.cubeupload.com/files/76cc00airconrender.png]

    High poly of an air con unit. The lowpoly is done and baked but I need to do some touch ups in photoshop.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.cubeupload.com/files/5c9e00rendershotty.png]

    My latest weapon (unfinished highpoly messing around with rendering so don't mind the colours)

    [Blocked Image: http://www.icy-bee.co.uk/work/smith-wesson/render-1.jpg]

    This is a weapon done for NMRiH it is 100% diffused lit and that render contains no lighting. Since that image I have fixed he drum lighting and the indents on it are deeper.

    Comments would be most appreciated.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™