1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. foundre

Posts by foundre

  • Help making portfolios

    • foundre
    • February 28, 2011 at 10:29 PM

    Hey everyone,

    I am pretty new here but having looked through many of the portfolios I came to the conclusion that everyone has different skills that combined can make some pretty impressive things happen.

    That being said I would like to throw my skills in!

    I am good at compiling a lot of information together into fluid fast loading and nice to look at website. MY portfolio is http://www.mike-z.net

    It may not be the best out there but it gets a lot of traffic.

    I have done other sites and they get a lot of traffic as well so one way or another I am not doing half bad.

    I work almost solely on trade...that is to say I very rarely take money for work. Instead I take services that others can provide in exchange for services I can provide. So if anyone out there needs help designing, fixing, or building a site, I can help them out. My host is super fast too and I can hook you up with them as well!

    Take care and I look forward to hearing from you!

  • Jake Martin - Level Designer

    • foundre
    • February 28, 2011 at 10:22 PM

    Hey Aaron, he specifically states in post 2 that he wanted to go to more of a blog format.

    JAKE,

    I see what you are going for and from a different design point, you have to think of this as a website not a portfolio of your work. For the desired effect make sure the site pops first. Once that is accomplished then you can make sure that your work shines.

    My site is in early development and is going to change a lot in the next few months and I am certain I don't have all the answers, but most of my sites do well so have a look at my portfolio: http://www.mike-z.net

    I would be happy to give you some pointers. Just contact me via the contact page there!

    -Mike

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™