1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. S.W.A.T.Y

Posts by S.W.A.T.Y

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • January 8, 2010 at 6:20 AM

    Working on a Koth map for tf2.

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.tinypic.com/imml43.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i49.tinypic.com/2cp5j5u.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i45.tinypic.com/14xmrp.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i48.tinypic.com/2ywaiwy.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i48.tinypic.com/10wiaf8.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i47.tinypic.com/2d9b4fm.jpg]

  • cp_mainline_rc6

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • January 3, 2010 at 11:10 PM

    RC2 is out. updated first page with pic and dl link.

    Change Log from RC1 to RC2

    -Fixed some props that had no collison.

    -Fixed the wires on the lights.

    -Fixed a bunch of clipping issues.

    -Fixed a problem with the overlays and health kits.

    -fixed overlapping brushes.

    -Added height variation to the 2nd point.

    -Fixed a bunch of visual bugs throughout the map.

    -Removed the underwater route.

    -Added another route from mid to 2nd point.

    -Redesigned the 2nd point.

    -Redesigned the left route to the last point.

    -Removed the christmas lighting on the wires.

    -Changed the lighting of the map.

    -Added more details.

    -Added more lights.

    -Fixed the fog in the 3D skybox.

    -Redid the planks at the first point.

    -Added a door that connects the two lobbies together.

    -Fixed some weird shadows.

    -Improved fps at 2nd point.

    -Redesigned the entire mid, hot new mid.

    -Redesigned the entrance at 2nd.

    -Fixed the 2nd forward spawn facing the wrong way.

    -Removed the sniper deck.

    -Fixed a problem where red players could get inside blue's spawn.

    -Fixed a problem where you could build underground.

    -Redesigned the 1st point.

    -Reduced the filesize by 8MB.

    -Removed the rain.

    -Detailed the spawn rooms.

    -Retextured some buildings.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • December 30, 2009 at 6:02 AM

    Retextured red base since it looked bad with the other wood texture that I had before.

    [Blocked Image: http://i48.tinypic.com/doqo1v.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i47.tinypic.com/wgqdtl.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i49.tinypic.com/2cnf348.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i46.tinypic.com/2vmwvhy.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • December 25, 2009 at 11:57 PM

    This is my next map that I've been working on for tf2 which I will be releasing after my current 5cp map one that I plan on releasing next week. The map is a dustbowl style map with 3 stages.

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.tinypic.com/2itpn2p.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i46.tinypic.com/219sawl.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i46.tinypic.com/rc4z14.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i47.tinypic.com/vq366s.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i49.tinypic.com/2vkx8gn.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.tinypic.com/2rcy72x.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.tinypic.com/143dlpj.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i46.tinypic.com/2r7vdd2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i47.tinypic.com/atvv45.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i47.tinypic.com/2hquxxh.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i46.tinypic.com/rvacgk.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • December 21, 2009 at 11:30 PM

    This is my middle point for my 5cp map. What do you guys think of it?

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.tinypic.com/2hwjlfs.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i46.tinypic.com/al19vk.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • December 20, 2009 at 8:40 AM

    I have redesigned the first point in my 5cp map since the old one was similar to Granary and it didnt play all that well. Im not done with detailing it.

    [Blocked Image: http://i48.tinypic.com/f20h7o.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i48.tinypic.com/2s7xfe8.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i47.tinypic.com/znoh8o.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i47.tinypic.com/21julxf.jpg]

  • cp_mainline_rc6

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • December 12, 2009 at 2:34 AM

    I redid the whole mid.

    [Blocked Image: http://i45.tinypic.com/25ajiow.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i48.tinypic.com/2zg8e80.jpg]

  • cp_mainline_rc6

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • December 8, 2009 at 5:25 AM

    Some big changes I have been making to the map. I have been making this Fastlane look buildings mixed with Sawmill's look and it just looks sexy all together. I have changed the lighting to fit the sky's color since it was too yellow before.

    [Blocked Image: http://i48.tinypic.com/2s00800.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i48.tinypic.com/nycugn.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i46.tinypic.com/vsf2tf.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i47.tinypic.com/167wml5.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i45.tinypic.com/25eycnc.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i50.tinypic.com/fmoojd.jpg]

  • cp_mainline_rc6

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • November 28, 2009 at 5:45 PM
    Quote from Skjalg

    Anyways, don't be harsh, and perhaps come with constructive criticism if you got any. He might not have the same goals with this map that you'd have if you built one, but that doesn't make his map any less of a personal achievement.

    I know what RC means, there is nothing else to add to the map so thats why I released it as RC.

  • cp_mainline_rc6

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • November 28, 2009 at 6:40 AM
    Quote from Skjalg

    lol i was thinking the same thing ;D

    But then again, maybe this was closed beta before?

    Map has been tested from _test1 to _test8 for the past 3 weeks and I know that there could be some clipping problems here and there or other small things but there is nothing big to add to the map. I could easily fix all the clipping or ugly shadows on the walls in rc2.

  • cp_mainline_rc6

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • November 27, 2009 at 10:38 PM

    Download the map

    http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.ph ... post111762

    Change Log from B4 to RC1

    -Fixed most of the clipping issues.

    -Added more ammo.

    -Removed the custom rain and added sawmill's rain.

    -Increased the ceiling in middle.

    -Added a platfrom in the middle and a small health kit on top of it.

    -Added another route from 2nd point to middle point from above.

    -Fixed some places where you could build on props.

    -Fixed some places where you could get stuck on the trees.

    -Closed some of the doors at the last point.

    -Improved fps at 2nd/1st point.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • November 25, 2009 at 5:14 AM

    This is a flythrough of the map that I just finished for tf2, based on Meet The Sniper Video.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • pl_outback_rc4

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • November 25, 2009 at 5:10 AM

    Hey, this is a flythrough video of pl_outback that I just finished for tf2. The map is based on Meet The Sniper Video.

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • pl_outback_rc4

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • November 20, 2009 at 11:40 PM
    Quote from Psy

    Wait - You put in the high-poly models with no LODs?

    No, I said I was just testing them in the map, I took them out.

    Images

    • mailbox.webp
      • 26.41 kB
      • 1,184 × 541
  • pl_outback_rc4

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • November 20, 2009 at 4:13 PM

    I tested the map with Valve's models and it made the sniper scene part of the map look 100x better but the only problem is that it made the filesize 210MB and it was taking forever for people to download the map so I decided to remove them.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • November 20, 2009 at 12:29 AM
    Quote from Rick_D

    asshole mode: that took 3 weeks?

    lool, sorry had to laugh to that, made me lool so hard.

    I agree with Skjalg on that one, he made a good point.

  • KotH_Switcheroo Beta 4

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • November 18, 2009 at 10:21 PM

    That looks hawt, I'll be testing it in my server later and I'll let you know how it goes, great work.

  • pl_outback_rc4

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • November 17, 2009 at 4:53 AM

    Well, of course, in Rc3 it was basically 2 ways counting the ramp above to get to the last cap which made it impossible to win unless you had 30 medics with uber ready but with the new route in RC4, all the spam seems to be gone, people seem to like the new route.

  • pl_outback_rc4

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • November 16, 2009 at 7:35 AM
    Quote from Lord Ned

    Did you test the door and hallway you added?

    Yeah? Why would I release the map if the doors wouldn't work?

  • pl_outback_rc4

    • S.W.A.T.Y
    • November 16, 2009 at 1:25 AM

    RC4 is finally out, this is pretty much final, I'm not releasing any more versions of Outback, I feel like Outback is perfect now.

    Download

    http://forums.tf2maps.net/showthread.php?t=7715

    RC3 to RC4 Changes:

    -Fixed some player clipping problems around the map

    -Disabled collision on some props to avoid players getting on them.

    -Fixed some brush work problems.

    -More optimization using hints/skips

    -Fixed some displacements popping out.

    -Made the one way door at the last point both way door to make it easy for blue to attack red team.

    -Added another route to last point.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™