Some generic UT arena that I'm making atm. Map has to look simple this time around since my last one was a bit hard on detailing. All textures are self-photoshopped. Level is unlit so far - haven't gotten to that part yet. ![]()
Posts by Aalexanderrr
-
-
Well, the idea is that ( at least in UT99 mapping) you use 2 main light colors and 1 additional. Additional is usually used to highlight something important. That's how I usually do it, at least.

-
My main complaint is that the place looks way too clean. Unnaturally clean and intact for this kind of building. Make certain parts look destroyed – adding couple of broken wall segments would do the trick.
Light looks kinda bland as well - Is it white color that I’m seeing? Aside from being unnatural, it is also very boring to look at. Throw in more contrast – orange ( hmm, fire ) , cyan ( lamps) or perhaps something else that doesn’t look boring.

-
That's a very sweet looking UT3 map, dude! By the way, that brick texture you use on the floor looks strange. It would look better on a wall rather than floor.
-
Something that I have been working on for the last few months. It is still heavy WIP though. UT99 map that uses Hourences' leet textures.

[attachment=0]pericaveroom.jpg[/attachment]