1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Beditheory

Posts by Beditheory

  • [PORTAL] followTheLeader

    • Beditheory
    • July 21, 2008 at 4:08 AM

    Thanks for the feedback.

    Yeah, the ending was intended to be "anti-climatic". I didn't want it to feel like a bug or that I cheated you...sorry about that.

    As far as the puzzles being easy, I tested the map with people who had played portal at least once all the way through, but I guess

    they were just novice players. So, it was hard to design puzzles that would be more "difficult".

  • [PORTAL] followTheLeader

    • Beditheory
    • July 17, 2008 at 5:59 PM

    Simple map I made on and off over 2 months. I introduced a simple mechanic, energy balls open doors and I have a couple puzzles using that mechanic. I would put the difficulty somewhere in the middle of Portal ( so medium? )

    Download the map:

    Personal - http://%7boption%7d

    FPS banana - http://%7boption%7d

    ThinkingWithPortals - http://%7boption%7d

    myApertureLabs - http://%7boption%7d

    - Beditheory

    Level Designer

    The Guildhall at SMU

    Screenshots

    [Blocked Image: http://www.beditheory.com/FollowTheLeader%5Cthumbnail%5CBringing%20Things%20Back%20Into%20Perspective.jpg][Blocked Image: http://www.beditheory.com/FollowTheLeader%5Cthumbnail%5CIncreasing%20the%20Difficulty.jpg][Blocked Image: http://www.beditheory.com/FollowTheLeader%5Cthumbnail%5CSomething%20Interesting.jpg][Blocked Image: http://www.beditheory.com/FollowTheLeader%5Cthumbnail%5CFinale.jpg]

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™