1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. aaron_da_killa

Posts by aaron_da_killa

  • The random model thread!

    • aaron_da_killa
    • December 10, 2011 at 12:36 AM

    Some fine work on this page.

    edit: err.. the previous page.

  • Bjorn Frechenhauser - 3D Game Artist

    • aaron_da_killa
    • October 12, 2011 at 10:27 AM

    Hey Björn I actually liked your portfolio! The only thing is I would have the gallery and details on the same page and not have them separated. The details page is nice, seems pretty comprehensive and good as people (including myself) do like to read this kind of stuff though overtime I've tended towards letting my work speak for itself and going for a more minimalistic approach, I think it makes a greater impact.

  • ITT: Post maps/scenes that never saw the light of the day.

    • aaron_da_killa
    • October 6, 2011 at 11:26 AM

    I was really fond of this one, Red Dawn my Half-Life 1 singleplayer mod. Story takes place in a doomed futuristic city. Would have taken me 300 years to finish though D;

    [Blocked Image: http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/6341/rd270000hq7.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img262.imageshack.us/img262/2541/reddawnscreenshot30oldtr7.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/961/4oldeb8.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://img239.imageshack.us/img239/2584/7oldwu5.jpg]

  • Last Rain

    • aaron_da_killa
    • May 8, 2011 at 9:49 AM

    thats cool! it looks quite nice

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aaron_da_killa
    • April 2, 2011 at 1:59 AM
    Quote from sarge mat

    Great stuff both of you.

    Agreed, looks awesome!

  • The random model thread!

    • aaron_da_killa
    • March 10, 2011 at 11:10 AM

    Bunglo maye you could make the lights on the telegraph pole more focused (spot lights) and leave the wall light as diffuse and see how it looks.

  • The random model thread!

    • aaron_da_killa
    • March 9, 2011 at 8:22 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/9605/tangara.jpg]

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aaron_da_killa
    • March 7, 2011 at 4:56 AM

    That sort of reminds me of Halo Reach. Looking good!

  • The random model thread!

    • aaron_da_killa
    • March 2, 2011 at 7:37 PM

    I wish I could model decent trees/shrubs, this inspires me to have another attempt. Nice guide.

  • Jake Martin - Level Designer

    • aaron_da_killa
    • March 2, 2011 at 1:06 AM

    The thing I didn't like Jake is that when you open your portfolio, you get a home screen with no images. Then you click on a link and you see a wall of text, so you scroll down and you get tiny thumbnails... somebody that doesn't really know you would lose interest really quickly.

    Your new design is a bit of an improvement but I think the background is too 'noisy', it's a bit distracting. And the way that the header (your name/title), links and content are in separate boxes (that you can hardly see mind you) makes the elements feel a bit broken, like they're just arbitrarily floating there instead of feeling purposeful, it's just not working and it's not professional looking imo. You need to distinguish the website content from the background more and make the content feel more connected imo, visual continuity. And I think you could make the website more attractive looking. Maybe a good start would be to add an actual banner that contains your name and title, and sexify the links. Maybe the links could be images instead of text? Who knows. I don't think the year needs to be added to the link if it's going to be visible on the main page, it's just taking up too much space.

  • Jake Martin - Level Designer

    • aaron_da_killa
    • February 28, 2011 at 5:30 AM

    I don't really like how your work is presented. It follows a very blog-like format and the current colour scheme/layout isn't very attractive to me. And there's a lot of small text and small thumbnails which don't grab my attention, it's just one big blob and I have to inspect closer and for a longer duration to see and understand the work. I think you should try and cut down on those big chunks of text you see and make the thumbnails bigger and more of a focus, maybe use up some more horizontal space too.

  • Tim Jacksteit aka mr.sin - Assets / Characters / Environment

    • aaron_da_killa
    • February 28, 2011 at 3:26 AM

    Cool portfolio. I love the how you put a 3D version of your work up and i like how you can click shaded/wireframe/textured/3d and it nicely cross fades. In fact im pleased with the manner in which you present your work, the information at the bottom and the images on the right that load in a light box etc.

    The only big issue for me is the website takes too long to load. The text at the bottom is too dark as well, it looks like it's being overlayed by something but in actual fact it's just really dark. Might also want to update the copyright to 2011.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aaron_da_killa
    • February 24, 2011 at 2:43 AM

    This is inspiring. I have a major project this year where we have to make a game and I've been debating weather it should be 2D or 3D and seeing this makes me want to go 3D, with generated levels like this!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aaron_da_killa
    • February 17, 2011 at 12:32 AM

    Looks great, nice level design and custom content!

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aaron_da_killa
    • February 9, 2011 at 11:53 PM

    Whoa that's cool. Is this going to me a mindcraft clone?

  • The random model thread!

    • aaron_da_killa
    • February 4, 2011 at 8:01 AM

    It's cool but it looks kinda surreal to me. Maybe i have to see it in motion.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aaron_da_killa
    • February 4, 2011 at 12:45 AM

    I think I like the red lights. They add contrast.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aaron_da_killa
    • February 3, 2011 at 1:53 PM

    looks awesome. lots of colours and depth

  • Nintendo : A Sad Story

    • aaron_da_killa
    • February 1, 2011 at 3:20 AM

    Whoa that was really cool. 329, 748 views.

    I did notice something weird though. When Mario falls on his ass at 2:03 the mug is stretched.

  • The random model thread!

    • aaron_da_killa
    • February 1, 2011 at 2:57 AM

    Welcome to 1998. All you need is a 128x128 texture for that and you're done.

    seir: I cant read that but it looks cool. I showed a friend who does that sort of thing and he said it's very impressive.

    Updates on the Tangara:

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™