1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Satyre

Posts by Satyre

  • some new shots

    • Satyre
    • June 30, 2008 at 3:50 PM

    Nice shots, I like them !

    First is my favorite, colors & contrasts are really interesting. Plus the lense give us a weird effect, as if it was a eye.

    The last is really funny ^^

  • Some photographs

    • Satyre
    • June 30, 2008 at 3:34 PM

    Thanks !

    Quote from Jenn0_Bing

    As for a place to post paintings there's the Wip Texture/2D Art Gallery.

    Okay, I thought it was about textures solely.

  • Some photographs

    • Satyre
    • June 27, 2008 at 10:30 AM

    Hi

    I put on display no photograph but some drawings ^^. It's not really thread for that, I know...

    Well, as a great fan of painting I draw mainly in photoshop especially photorealistics paintings (of course).

    Up to now I realised two photorealistics paintings whose I made two speed-painting videos.

    Here is my last drawing (about Liv Tyler) :

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/6/4/e/a2ebf71bed3ac0845edb3a87d343b.jpg]

    ==>

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    (actual time about 2h45)Another drawing (my first photorealisctic painting), a japanese girl :

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/d/4/7/b1ef8e56b66d9ea5714cbf6a50f4a.jpg]

    ==>

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    (actual time about 3 hours)(it was my first speed painting video, it's missed)

    there, time to do ad ^^

    By the way, there's not thread about painting around here, by any chance ?

  • Punky's photography thread

    • Satyre
    • June 10, 2008 at 12:00 AM

    Hey punky !

    Shots are corrects though some photographs are blurred...

    If you have photoshop, you can retouch some shots in order to improve contrasts, colors, and so on...

    E.g. :

    about dilapidated area, the B&W allows emphasis on the gloom. (sorry if is incorrect, I have a poor skill about English :/... but I'm learning ^^)

    => [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/9/b/1/aaf7e760be99e47d365814529f955t.jpg]

    (changes include contrasts, clearness & B&W)

    Also you can bring a little fantasy on landscape shots, when those are not very clear.

    On the shot with residences & river... buildings are blurred so, you can put them in darkness... Like this (the ambient is unreal but it's nice yet)

    => [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/e/7/a/8b48e3e78c6075bf7cd1f045a1891t.jpg]

    (changes include contrasts, clearness & colors)

    Or simply better contrasts & clearness than initial shot...

    => [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/5/b/9/7dc41544fc53adf28d9801be0b2a4t.jpg] (initial shot : [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/1/d/2/d1adeef5f67a4aeef87c8ea80a1aa.jpg])

  • Some photographs

    • Satyre
    • June 9, 2008 at 6:20 PM

    I have got a tripod, but I don't use it. I'll test to take shots with it next time . About ISO, I didn't know this... (I'm really novice ) I just look at some examples on website & looks really better than without ISO. I'll do tests !

    Thx !

  • Some photographs

    • Satyre
    • June 9, 2008 at 8:48 AM

    In fact, I have been starting photography for one week !

    But I have got a good camera, a nice garden, photoshop & fancy (& a few luck )... there's no reason to miss my shots ^^.

    My really problem is about landscape shots. They are bad. Also, I don't know all options of my camera.

    Thanks for nice words !

  • Some photographs

    • Satyre
    • June 8, 2008 at 9:59 AM

    Thanks !

    Quote from JeanPaul

    Cool shots, but nothing screams cheesy like a black and white image with color pieces, its just weird and obviously edited as there is no way to achieve the effect in the camera.

    Yea, I just edited shots in photoshop ^^.

  • Some photographs

    • Satyre
    • June 7, 2008 at 1:32 PM

    Hey

    I'm novice about photography and I created a photoblog in order to exhibit a part of my work.

    Here are more photographs. I give simply link because there're a good few photographs yet.

    I use a Canon EOS 350D with a Canon EF-S 18-55mm or Canon EF 55-200mm lenses.

    Some examples :

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/d/8/b/367791c2acdc9cbb91f70cf440581.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/2/5/b/05a94e78b47d37e79fae4ed25f99d.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/e/c/8/6b331c3b38d9d4fe0f14c09e9928f.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/6/6/8/9748e625ec330d076c08d68418a8d.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/f/7/d/be5072346f8fd2aee3f6cd8b0a7e2.jpg]

  • I'm looking for a modeler able to edit a dod:s's mdl...

    • Satyre
    • May 7, 2008 at 5:00 PM

    Ok, I'm going to ask... thanks !

    Edit :

    request canceled, mdl is making.

    Thanks anyway !

  • I'm looking for a modeler able to edit a dod:s's mdl...

    • Satyre
    • May 5, 2008 at 4:59 PM

    Hi all,

    Presently, I'm working about a new dod:s map for the Baquet Map Pack (cause of dod_corianso's break).

    I'm looking for a modeler able to edit an existing window model : models/props_windows/inset_windowframe_large1_broken.mdl

    I'd like to have four versions of this model (only with a slight difference between each).

    Changes would include:

    - The removal of the shutters (=>mdl n°1 : http://%7boption%7d),

    - Then, starting with mdl n°1, add bars to the window (=>mdl n°2 : http://%7boption%7d),

    - Finally, slice the mdl n°2 in two distinct parts which can be used on each sides of a plain wall. Here's a picture to illustrate the situation, the red lines shows the cut (http://%7boption%7d (mdl n°3 and 4).

    And that's all, nothing else... ^^

    Thanks to everyone interested by this problem.

    The name of the modeler will appear in the map's credits (of course).

  • [WIP] [DoD:S] my first map : dod_corianso

    • Satyre
    • March 25, 2008 at 5:39 PM
    Quote from RA7

    Sweet, maybe u could add sum rain and thunder, would be great with that spooky atmosphere.

    I don't think to add rain an thunder. I will keep actual atmosphère.

    Quote from Minotauro

    Looks bloody amazing for a first map I love the atmosphere but I think it could look even better with some thicker fog and yellow light spots (with big glow sprites) here and there!

    Yea, surely, I will change fog, it will be more thicker !

    About light spots, I don't know. Indeed, I try to be realist ! As city is destroyed, normally, it shouldn't have electricity ! But, I admit that is a problem for me because some places are very dark… I’ll see this later.

    Moroes, of course, you will be here for tests . (Je ne pense pas avoir à te dire que c’est un grand plaisir pour moi !!).

    Thx all.

  • [WIP] [DoD:S] my first map : dod_corianso

    • Satyre
    • March 21, 2008 at 6:15 PM

    Thx !

    Quote from killertomato

    but if youre speaking the truth, my young padawan, youre one hell of a talented leveldesigner!!

    No, I'm just very patient and motivated !

    It's really my first map, but I learnt to handle Hammer before making this map ! (counter other novices)

    In fact, I have been working about corianso for 1 year, I'm working slowly because I'm learning together...

    Quote from generalvivi

    first map with source engine?

    No ! simply first map !

    At the beginning, corianso was like this (lol) :

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/d/c/8/f3407ee2bd573db9cf437edb7b3cb.jpg]


    Shortly, a friend will do screenshots with dx9 .

  • [WIP] [DoD:S] my first map : dod_corianso

    • Satyre
    • March 20, 2008 at 6:58 PM

    Hi !

    I'm new on this forum, first of all, sorry for my english not very correct...

    Well, I'm a dod:s's mapper, I'm working about my first map : dod_corianso.

    For my first map, I tried to make an original map, with the source textures and the source mdl.

    dod_corianso (imaginary town) take place in Italia, on seaside, in 1944. There are 5 flags.

    Us army start on the beach whereas axis start in town.

    Progression : 60%

    Screenshots :

    [i have directx 8, that explain the low quality of my screenshots]

    The least detailed zones :

    the midlle :

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/f/c/c/07767c667ff6c4d449f9a1aa3f4d3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://images0.hiboox.com/images/3307/vr9ychqf.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/1/9/6/aac1a9868418a4b6b770acd89d0e2.jpg]

    near to axi's spawn :

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/6/3/8/bdf950ae57d2ebf9317e0126cf3cf.jpg]

    the catacombs :

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/2/0/b/4b2520276a2683b2e070f4dde9ad8.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/1/0/4/c16fa78bb5b4abd369185cbead619.jpg]

    The most detailed zones (not finished) :

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/b/4/c/6b04dcf579afec291185c57e70239.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/0/6/6/9aa2c9bed2faa0ed759090df1e8d6.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/1/8/0/148ff5201cc0ebe30fcca6862254f.jpg]

    The US's spawn, which is finished :

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/1/d/c/34a49efe745de9507a81fec6b9c10.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/7/8/c/a9ee817e2807fd458442c81a2b8ff.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/c/5/7/18983608a81e9131d74432e44fafc.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/4/b/9/16b7475c500e6b5e81560e550956a.jpg]

    In hammer :

    [Blocked Image: http://pix.nofrag.com/6/2/9/e2404d2853638bc77c1dceebf0a77tt.jpg]

    Of course, the big skybox is provisional !

    Thx for comments !

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™