1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Satyre

Posts by Satyre

  • Spesche Mehraine!11 (wip drawing)

    • Satyre
    • April 25, 2009 at 11:53 AM

    Very nice dux!!

    It could be improved more by adding some trims/pattern (don't know what's the exact word) on his armor... Oh, and the skull looks a little bit out of place, it looks like a sticker ^^, it's too much flattened.

    Your drawning remind me certain ones from the 'Sons of the storm' band (designers of Warcraft, Starcraft and Diablo)

    Check out the Samwise's gallery, I think you'll find a good inspiration such as these ones:

    http://%7boption%7d

    http://%7boption%7d

    ; )

  • Satyre's photos thread

    • Satyre
    • April 17, 2009 at 10:44 AM

    ^^

    Finally did some non-HDR shots

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3359/3448192419_abc56a6db3.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3585/3448113817_9394a48453.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3616/3448117523_56810a5956.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

  • Satyre's photos thread

    • Satyre
    • April 16, 2009 at 12:35 PM
    Quote from DvS

    Best one, but they're all very good.The top two I feel are slightly too saturated in post production, but it's a matter of taste.

    Thanks

    No, you're right, I've just edited the first one and I'm going to do again the second one, it's missed

    Another one of London

    Vertorama 2 shots

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3378/3434743057_226940bc39.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    Went to do some shots of a storm I had yesterday

    Vertorama 2 shots

    With a little bit of imagination, we can see on the left part of the sky, a heart and a hand being just about to catch it : p

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3396/3444271095_af006dcdc6.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    Vertorama 3 shots

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3551/3446204416_d42026c25f.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    Non-HDR version

  • DvS' photothread

    • Satyre
    • April 16, 2009 at 12:27 PM
    Quote from DvS

    Thanks, I'll see what I can do about the blurryness, may have to do with the compression I'm using.

    Ok

    The flower one is such a really good shot! The depth of field is perfect, congrats!

  • Satyre's photos thread

    • Satyre
    • April 11, 2009 at 11:32 PM

    I've just come back from a couple of days spent in London, so here're some photos of this wonderful place

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3405/3431089149_dd96b52504.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3406/3432779978_95926d626a.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3624/3432771170_390c5914a7.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3359/3432224600_693a26ed3e.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3661/3431915091_081306751c.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

  • DvS' photothread

    • Satyre
    • April 11, 2009 at 11:32 PM

    Nice set DvS

    Although the mirror one is very ordinary, i like it the most. The other ones look a bit blurred...

  • Satyre's photos thread

    • Satyre
    • April 3, 2009 at 10:55 PM

    A new one I took in a colza field, worked with a HDR treatment

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3641/3409359183_8cb055a46c.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    I specially caught these shots with a normal exposure for you JP, in case you still want to show me how to have an as good as result without HDR. So, let me know if you want the shots

  • Satyre's photos thread

    • Satyre
    • April 3, 2009 at 8:25 AM

    Thanks a lot to you both

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3338/3408248605_ce6e23b909.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    This reddish field caught my attention while I was walking around a forest. That was so intense I saw it through the foliage. I really don't know this color come from because all around the field, the grass is pretty green.

  • Satyre's photos thread

    • Satyre
    • April 2, 2009 at 8:33 AM

    I really like the eerie and dramatic atmosphere coming out of this shot

    "Numéro 19"

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3594/3404361245_bc34910890.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

  • DvS' photothread

    • Satyre
    • April 2, 2009 at 8:31 AM

    Man, I love your work!!

    The hammer-&-egg set is brilliant, funny and original! Congrats

    I also love the potato one a lot

    Do you know about Rodny Mella? He's a French designer known in the whole world, doing a lot of conceptual things a bit like yours. He has a website but it's presently off... I'll give you his web address as soon as the site is available

    Keep up the good work

  • Satyre's photos thread

    • Satyre
    • March 29, 2009 at 10:21 PM
    Quote from JeanPaul

    Well if thats the 0ev in a bracketed version, they are all overexposed. Thats not me making fun of your work, its just fact, the image you sent me was overexposed. I am going to edit the darkest one you sent me, which is also the most properly exposed one (IMG_5731) and see what I can do with it.

    Yea, but as I said before, when I intend to do HDR, I pick up the dark brightness. Up to now, I’ve noticed that the result is better (for HDR only, of course).

    When I do "classic shot", I get an exposure working well with shadows and highlights.

    But I admit it’ll be hard for you to try something with those shots I sent you . They’re only planned for HDR.

    Quote from JeanPaul

    Oh and I dont know why you think Seir did anything other than edit the colors in your image he posted. Its still HDR, and the only thing he did was remove some of the unnecessary (and actually quite odd) colors that HDR can create if not done perfectly. The sky is also the same, I dont know what you are talking about in that comment. And last thing, not all good images are really saturated. (I didnt know this for a while) so just because some colors are desaturated doesnt mean its "dull". Dull implies a lack of contrast, and his edit is far from lacking contrast.

    Sure, sorry but my English is far from perfect, so I might do some mistakes and use wrong words. By dull, I wanted to say that colors are a little bit darkened.

    It goes without saying I was really glad to see his proposition. I can turn a different look on the photo.

    That said, I prefer this kind of picture with "high colors" rather than "drab".

    Quote from JeanPaul

    Now, while I dont hate your work, and some of its pretty good, you rely WAY too much on techniques (HDR) than you do composition, capture of light, and subject matter. And honestly, thats backwards!

    I agree with you about composition… I’ll try to compose with some human shapes soon in order to complete my shots (if I find a friend who accepts to do several km for a couple of photos ).

    I also admit I'm more "artistic" when I do "classic" shot...

    Quote from JeanPaul

    Remember, Im not here to be a jerk (im not FFPMONE) im here to help. And I dont sugar coat my posts.

    Hey, I’ve never said that! I enjoy a lot to share opinions, techniques… to talk about photo or suchlike here with you and members! Otherwise, I'd be already gone

  • Satyre's photos thread

    • Satyre
    • March 29, 2009 at 6:47 PM

    No buddy, I've sent you the 0EV exposed shot.

    I picked up with my camera the shadows brightness to have the best luminosity in the whole HDR picture. And I can avoid so any kind of noise after post processing.

    Well, I'm going to upload the 3 shots and then I pass them on to you.

    Sorry Seir, but I prefer the HDR one...

    On your version, the sky is overexposed and colors are dull

    Here's is the no-retouching version (+1EV). You could do the difference between colors of my HDR version and standard colors

    [Blocked Image: http://nsa06.casimages.com/img/2009/03/29/mini_090329074553759073.jpg]

    They are almost the same... only shadows and highlights are improved to have a dynamic photo. That said, I admit I saturated colors a little bit in photoshop.

  • Satyre's photos thread

    • Satyre
    • March 29, 2009 at 9:41 AM

    ^^

    Quote from JeanPaul

    Give me the normal exposure original raw file for that image and you will see exactly what I am talking about.

    I don't think so... but I'm very curious, the raw file has been sent to you. It's not exactly the same shot, but a pretty similar one of the same place from where the image was taken from.

    In that way, there's zero assemblage to do.

    Here's my version:

    [Blocked Image: http://nsa06.casimages.com/img/2009/03/29/mini_090329103243643236.jpg]

    I'm looking forward to your version JP

  • Satyre's photos thread

    • Satyre
    • March 28, 2009 at 6:35 PM

    Hehe, thank you

    A new one I've just taken and propably the best I've ever done.

    "Serenity" .:HDR vertorama:.

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3561/3393026354_3d71581cb1.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    hey JP, how do you feel about HDR now? Still hating it?

  • Satyre's photos thread

    • Satyre
    • March 28, 2009 at 12:11 PM

    Niark niark niark Ok, let's go for sunrises...

    What do you have against my sunsets/sunrises? ^^ I really love doing photos at dusk or at dawn, colors are the most interesting.

    As a matter of fact, my country is a little bit boring now... only uninteresting fields as far as the eye can see... I'm looking forward to the summertime, when fields are colored by bloomy grasses and when trees get their leaves. There, I could do something new

    Thank you Dark for nice words

    Well, for you JP:

    .:HDR:.

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3598/3392103224_a4c9009962.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    Don't tell me to stop HDR-forest shots

  • Satyre's photos thread

    • Satyre
    • March 27, 2009 at 9:49 PM

    1

    .:HDR:.

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3598/3390791222_e3752d279f.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    2

    .:HDR:.

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3566/3390070527_282e02355c.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    3

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3560/3388111908_b7f6fdbbd7.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3610/3388342618_32b5d36de3.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3664/3388323218_0769a6213e.jpg]

  • My photo thread

    • Satyre
    • March 27, 2009 at 9:44 PM
    Quote from e-freak

    really love the lighting, the aspect ratios, the color, the contrast and the cam distortion towards the ceiling and the low ground...

    +1

    Good work

  • Satyre's photos thread

    • Satyre
    • March 23, 2009 at 8:46 PM

    Thank you.

    Quote from DvS

    you have trees with vertical lines and then you have felled trees with diagonal lines leading you out of the picture.

    That's what I like on this

    Finally, I got my Photomatix licence a few days ago : )

    Sunrise's track .:HDR:. (3 shots with standard exposures (-2EV, 0EV, +2EV))

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3560/3380069152_43fba2ae13.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    And a vertorama of an amazing sunset. (Not HDR treatment)

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3662/3375714786_b0e04fd9f8.jpg]

    Click to enlarge (best viewed in large)

  • New photo thread!!1

    • Satyre
    • March 23, 2009 at 8:34 PM

    You're improving

    I think your compositions could be improved though. Try to take out boring elements on landscapes shots or, on the contrary, try to catch the whole subject on portraits or suchlike...

    For example,the purple sunset/sunrise one, with clouds looking kinda like plane tracks is really cool but the branches are a little bit awkward...

    On the last one, it's a little bit pity that the ear is cut off...

    Flowers are really hard to take, mostly yellow flowers. If your camera allows you, use a low value of aperture and take the shot the most close to the flower in order to have a good bokeh (kind of intense blur in the background). Here, the bokeh is too much distracting because of a lot of details.

    Keep up the good work : )

  • Satyre's photos thread

    • Satyre
    • March 20, 2009 at 10:59 PM

    The two black stripes aren't really fine, I know...

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3473/3367023799_e2fd8415f6.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

    [Blocked Image: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3619/3370361379_9929ed2223.jpg]

    Click to enlarge

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™