1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Skacky

Posts by Skacky

  • Deus Ex 3

    • Skacky
    • June 4, 2010 at 4:56 PM

    More than amazing! :megamon:

  • MapCore on social networks (LinkedIn, Twitter)

    • Skacky
    • June 3, 2010 at 3:10 PM

    Following as well.

  • [EP2] Mission Improbable Part 2

    • Skacky
    • June 1, 2010 at 2:29 PM

    Fuck, I didn't see this coming! I see you've been inspired by the old Combine Depot on the first pic, it looks neat!

    Downloading it now.

    EDIT: I played it and wow, this is seriously one of the most kickass awesome single player level I've played!

    Quote

    The sequence with the headcrab shell was pure win, and the tunnel with the resistance gate is really great. The final battle was pretty hard too, without the Gravity Gun those damn manhacks are really annoying.

    Definitely recommanded, great work man.

  • RIP Dennis Hopper

    • Skacky
    • May 30, 2010 at 1:20 PM

    RIP, one of the best actors ever. His performance in Blue Velvet is still incredible.

  • Tactical Intervention

    • Skacky
    • May 29, 2010 at 8:21 PM

    Yes this one indeed looks better. They should keep normal-speed.

  • Tactical Intervention

    • Skacky
    • May 28, 2010 at 4:04 PM

    I think so.

    It does look dumb as hell, though. They really need to re-think the way they're doing trailers, because they aren't appealing at all.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Skacky
    • May 26, 2010 at 12:40 PM

    Amazing stuff indeed!

  • Romero "regrets" Daikatana ad campaign

    • Skacky
    • May 20, 2010 at 11:52 AM

    Quake is my favorite, and Doom is slightly behind.

    This game (Quake heh) has a damn amazing atmosphere, terrifying and great monsters, intelligent level design, and this atmosphere is even greater when you play with the music (composed by Mr. Reznor). It's a shame they ditched the whole thing and did classic sci-fi stuff with Quake 2 (even if it's a good game and the Stroggs are pretty disturbing).

    Oh and yeah, give us another game about space marines and demons already.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Skacky
    • May 9, 2010 at 10:38 PM

    Starcraft 2's editor, sorry I didn't mention that.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Skacky
    • May 9, 2010 at 9:59 PM

    Great map, Psy.

    I ran around yesterday and I love the atmosphere, the gameplay seems pretty neat too.

    I've been crafting something with the Galaxy Editor (Starcraft 2), it's pretty powerful. I can't seem to find where to set the fog though.

    [Blocked Image: http://uppix.net/a/7/1/7dc00c59a0af165f9fff0b4df7c28tt.jpg]

    (the arrows are birds).

    The natural/fortress cliffs can blend at the same level, unfortunately the seam is kind of horrible and I had to hide it.

  • Prometheus

    • Skacky
    • May 8, 2010 at 1:35 AM

    Alien, the best goddamn, badass horror movie of all time.

    Aliens, the best goddamn, badass action movie of all time.

    I worship these two. Oh yeah, baby.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • Skacky
    • May 6, 2010 at 10:52 PM

    Are you recreating the Anomalous Materials Lab?

    The scene is a bit too bright, though.

  • StarCraft II

    • Skacky
    • May 5, 2010 at 11:58 PM

    As far as I know, it's not possible.

    btw my ID is skacky.skacky on the EU server, if anyone want to add me.

  • Hammer update!

    • Skacky
    • May 3, 2010 at 5:31 PM

    Yeah we learn a lot of stuff even when we spent lots of years using the software.

    For instance, I learned what the "hide nodraw faces" button did while I was working on a level two days ago. I never really bothered with it, but it's pretty nice.

  • The Ball - Indie FPS Action/Puzzle Game

    • Skacky
    • May 2, 2010 at 1:50 PM

    Congrats, you really deserved it!

    The king looks scary.

  • ctf_biomass

    • Skacky
    • April 30, 2010 at 11:40 PM

    Looking very good S.W.A.T.Y.

    The only thing bothering me is that concrete texture on the floor outside, you can clearly see the tiling but that's nitpick. Great work.

  • Call of Duty 7: Black Ops

    • Skacky
    • April 30, 2010 at 6:42 PM

    lookitsthisgameagain.jpg

    Are you sure it will be the last? If it's true, then go Treyarch, make it good.

  • Hammer update!

    • Skacky
    • April 30, 2010 at 5:43 PM

    Yeah instancing is very good stuff.

    Dux: you can already do that with Paste Special.

  • Dead Space 2

    • Skacky
    • April 29, 2010 at 10:20 PM

    No game can beat Thief: The Dark Project in means of atmospheric anguish. Even in the human-enemies missions.

  • Bungie: Oh! The IW situation is cool, let's to go Activision

    • Skacky
    • April 29, 2010 at 2:19 PM

    [Blocked Image: https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/public/style_emoticons/default/mapcore_smilies/emot_shakehead.gif]

    This should do the trick for the facepalming.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™