1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Skacky

Posts by Skacky

  • Overwatch

    • Skacky
    • November 7, 2014 at 10:48 PM

    Not a fan at all, sorry.

  • Gaming Sequels Would Like To See

    • Skacky
    • October 23, 2014 at 1:52 PM
    Quote from blackdog

    Aren't the original guys of Syndicate making a spiritual sequel that was successfully Kickstarted?


    Yeah. It's called Satellite Reign and a pre-alpha has been released for high-tier backers. It's pretty neat.

  • Gaming Sequels Would Like To See

    • Skacky
    • October 21, 2014 at 9:45 PM

    A true sequel to Thief DS

    S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

    Kingpin 2

    A new Metro game (but with the open-worldness of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.)

    Fallout 3 (isometric/Van Buren style)

  • Alien: Isolation

    • Skacky
    • October 17, 2014 at 11:23 AM

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • HATRED

    • Skacky
    • October 17, 2014 at 7:02 AM

    May I also say that I'm a firm leftist anticapitalist myself and yet I disagree with almost everything Chainsaw said with regards to Hatred.

    Also, want to play games that have strong criticisms of capitalist systems? Play Oddworld.

  • HATRED

    • Skacky
    • October 16, 2014 at 7:46 PM

    You know, I have a huge dislike for Polygon but I think they're spot on here.

  • HATRED

    • Skacky
    • October 16, 2014 at 7:41 PM
    Quote from Vilham

    CONTEXT! Seriously guys. How do you not understand context, GTA is not about murdering civilians even if you can. This game is solely about murdering civilians.


    Absolutely. There is a huge difference between an open-ended game like GTA (or Dishonored since 3Dnj brought it up) where you can kill everyone if you so desire, and a game like Hatred where the ONLY way of playing is to kill innocent people because it's funny right lolz.


    For the record, I've completed Dishonored without killing a single person.

  • HATRED

    • Skacky
    • October 16, 2014 at 7:35 PM
    Quote from knj

    there are MANY gamers who are sick and tired of censure in games.


    I'm tired of censorship everywhere and even I wouldn't play such a game. Violence for violence's sake and for shock value only is rubbish.

  • HATRED

    • Skacky
    • October 16, 2014 at 5:09 PM

    This looks absolutely shallow and, frankly, really really shit. If you want to make an ultra violent game, at least put some humor like Postal or Carmageddon.

  • Alien: Isolation

    • Skacky
    • October 14, 2014 at 9:26 PM

    Some guy remade the Nostromo self-destruct terminal. IRL.


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.


    Also the alarm sound heard during the self-destruct countdown is easily my favorite alarm sound. I remember it was used in ns_bast for Natural Selection.


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Alien: Isolation

    • Skacky
    • October 14, 2014 at 4:25 PM

    Also fuck the part where this pic is taken.

  • Alien: Isolation

    • Skacky
    • October 13, 2014 at 3:45 PM

    I've been streaming my progress and squealed a lot.

  • Alien: Isolation

    • Skacky
    • October 12, 2014 at 10:49 PM

    Alright so I just completed The Message.


    Quote

    Good grief this was heartbreaking. One of the reasons why I LOVE the Aliens Director's Cut is because of the mother/daughter bond Ripley has with Newt after she discovers Amanda died of old age, without ever knowing what happened to Ellen. The fact that the game makes Amanda listen to this message and understand what happened to her mother puts that whole scene under a new perspective entirely... Ellen doesn't know her daughter knew what happened to the Nostromo and the Narcissus. That was powerful.



    Also, the hive? Scariest part of the game by far, even with the flamethrower. The motion tracker goes nuts, the place is dark as shit and there's several xenos on the loose+facehuggers. Had to stop there a while.

  • Alien: Isolation

    • Skacky
    • October 12, 2014 at 12:32 PM

    Yeah that first encounter is one of the most terrifying since you have no motion tracker and only the pistol, which is useless.

  • Alien: Isolation

    • Skacky
    • October 10, 2014 at 10:49 PM

    Holy shit!


    Quote

    I played through the LV-426/Derelict flashback and obtained the flamethrower. That was INSANELY AWESOME HOLY SHIIIIIIIEEET! Absolute nerdgasm! The flamethrower is excellent as well! Chews ammo like hell but very very effective! I went through some vents with the Alien inside and totally felt like Dallas in the movie!

  • Alien: Isolation

    • Skacky
    • October 10, 2014 at 11:23 AM

    I started on Hard right off the bat (I always play my games on the hardest difficulty level first) and I really really love it. Congrats to anyone involved because you can tell that game has a real soul and was made with love.

  • Alien: Isolation

    • Skacky
    • October 9, 2014 at 11:36 PM

    Yeah, this sort of games is right up my alley and I'm loving every second of it. It's intense as all hell and you're sighing from relief when you reach a locker and the Alien finally goes away. Or does it?

  • Killing Floor 2

    • Skacky
    • October 9, 2014 at 10:46 PM

    I am SO ready for this. Killing Floor is an excellent game and the sequel looks even better.

  • Alien: Isolation

    • Skacky
    • October 9, 2014 at 10:41 PM

    IMO sound design-wise this is up there with Thief 1 as one of the games with the most insane sound design ever. The Alien moving in the vents is downright terrifying.

  • Alien: Isolation

    • Skacky
    • October 9, 2014 at 5:36 PM

    This is where I am, but I'm not laughing.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™