1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Carlos

Posts by Carlos

  • HL1 mapper, new to source. Need some guidance.

    • Carlos
    • January 22, 2008 at 6:39 AM

    thanks guys.

  • HL1 mapper, new to source. Need some guidance.

    • Carlos
    • January 10, 2008 at 7:14 PM

    Regarding starting from scratch, Is not a brush a brush whether it is in HL1 or Source. What I want to do here is update my current ent's and light sources or simply recreate those parts in Source. Such as glass, is there another entity specific for HL2 glass?(the glass that chizzels away in fragments, not just blows up and shatters into pieces) What should I use instead of func_wall to get lighting to render properly on it, not fullbright?(as you can see, the painting on the wall were func_illusionary and would look silly in fullbright) And how can I recreate the projected world map properly, to gain the same effect or better than it was in HL1?

    I realised that the conversion wasn't going to work 100% before I even did it, thats why I am inquiring about alternate methods in Source of the same desired effect. When I read tutorials for source, they never have the answers I'm looking for, answers that someone can give.

    Ive been on that SDK site many times, and it was never very helpful for me. I don't learn like that, thats why I'm here asking for a bit of help, especially in form of a medium such as an instant messenger, so I'm not spamming some forum for answers.

    Thanks again.

  • HL1 mapper, new to source. Need some guidance.

    • Carlos
    • January 10, 2008 at 3:50 PM

    I've been lurking these forums for quite a while now, but finally decided to register. I didnt want my first post to be one that looks so nub asking for assistance, but Source is starting to frustrate me. So here we go.

    I'm really used to the HL1 engine and decided its time to move on to source. So first actual thing I want to do in Source is convert over my Penthouse map from TS. After screwing up a bunch of times with xwad and other what nots, I finally got my textures to show in hammer and added my texture lights text to lights.rad. So I compile and it seems a few problems occur in the final result. My ent's like Func_wall and Func_illusionary dont render any light on them, My texture lightsources give off light, but dont illuminate themselves, And my Func_breakable for glass works and all, but does not display the texture that I used on them. Heres some Before and afters from HL1 - Source.

    Before - [email protected]

    thanks.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™