1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. PaulH

Posts by PaulH

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

    • PaulH
    • October 30, 2019 at 2:00 PM

    Totally get that, think as we get older we're all in the same boat. Most of my game time is limited to my lunch breaks at work nowadays!

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

    • PaulH
    • October 30, 2019 at 1:46 PM

    I don't think comparing COD to FIFA is accurate or fair. Sure, mechanically it's similar to many games you've played before (in the series and out of it), but then what games aren't these days? You might not end up playing any game if you feel that way. I take it you guys have zero interest in The Outer Worlds because it's similar to Fallout? This COD has an interesting and well made single player component, and if you like first person shooters in general you should enjoy this. The multiplayer is also something I'm having fun with, probably because it's similar to the call of duties that were out around 10 years ago which I used to spend a lot of time on. Plus it's a decent game to play with my friends, as was Apex before this. I get it though, COD is a game people love to hate for some reason.

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

    • PaulH
    • October 30, 2019 at 8:35 AM
    Quote from dux

    14 hours ago, dux said: Rather staple my ballsack to my leg

    Well you're missing out :) But hey have fun with the stapler

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

    • PaulH
    • October 29, 2019 at 8:52 AM

    Anyone playing this? I thought the single player campaign was the best it's been for many years. Nothing too 'out there' within it but back to basics in a good way, and the visuals and effects are outstanding on PS4 Pro. Multiplayer is good fun so far as well, if a bit orientated towards camping, and the map rotation seems broken (with only 4 or 5 of the maps ever coming up in TDM, there's a fair few I've yet to play)

  • Playground Games - Level Design positions and more

    • PaulH
    • October 8, 2019 at 6:46 PM

    Hey guys, level design positions are now open on the open world RPG project, apply below!

    http://jobs.jobvite.com/careers/playgr…In&bid=nNfQ2Mwb

  • Control (Remedy)

    • PaulH
    • August 28, 2019 at 8:54 AM

    Played about an hour or so as well, got to the first boss fight (little bit of a difficulty spike). It's all very intriguing and I'm interested in playing more, and seeing if the Oldest House can sustain a full playthrough without becoming a little one-note (will be interesting to see if/how they mix it up later on).

  • Control (Remedy)

    • PaulH
    • August 27, 2019 at 10:37 AM

    One of the best perks of this job - free games! My copy landed on my desk this morning, can't wait to check it out

  • Metro: Exodus

    • PaulH
    • June 28, 2019 at 1:32 PM

    Unfortunately I couldn't get past the first 30 minutes of this on console. Even with the sensitivity on max the aiming was sluggish, which I guess is supposed to be "realistic" but then why does your character start spinning faster the longer you move the sticks? It makes things very disorientating and combat a bit of a chore. Also it froze and completely locked up my PS4 during an early cutscene. I restarted and sat through a loading screen for a few minutes and it put me at a point where an enemy was on top of me attacking me in a quick-time event, in which I died and then had to sit through another loading screen to come back. Not a good first impression so I took it back into work and moved onto Rage 2 (not tried it yet). Which is a shame as I thought this looked decent enough.

  • What have you watched recently?

    • PaulH
    • June 26, 2019 at 8:46 AM

    I watched "When They See Us" on Netflix over the weekend. Brilliant, highly recommended

  • Playground Games - Level Design positions and more

    • PaulH
    • June 19, 2019 at 11:45 AM

    Hey guys

    Plenty of positions available on the website for our open world project still, including new vacancies for mission and game designers (18 month experience required minimum) and many more. Check them out, and as before PM me for any more details!

    https://www.playground-games.com/careers/ (Filter by 'Project 2' for the open-world RPG project)

    Cheers

  • E3 2019

    • PaulH
    • June 10, 2019 at 2:26 PM
    Quote from Zarsky

    1 hour ago, Zarsky said: I'd argue that MS knows that they lost this round and are gearing up for the next round with a proper lineup. They're making the next Halo a launch title for the next console, and something tells me there is going to be a surprise from Playground games as well.

    ??

  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

    • PaulH
    • June 9, 2019 at 2:22 PM

    Looks good, glad to hear they are going for a supposedly darker, more mature take on things, cod has historically been rather silly though I've still enjoyed many of them (felt it all went off the rails a few years back with the future spin). I'm well up for some more traditional COD multiplayer especially

  • Death Stranding - Hideo Kojima's next game

    • PaulH
    • May 30, 2019 at 9:19 AM

    "We need a way to reach high points in the world, let's brainstorm!"

    "....a fucking huge ladder?"

    "Great! Let's break for lunch"


    It looks decent. Setting is interesting and it's got some great talent attached. Looking forward to seeing more gameplay :)

  • Battlefield V

    • PaulH
    • May 28, 2019 at 3:53 PM

    I just borrowed this from work. So i see there's no Rush mode (why not?)? Anyway, what's the best mode to play in this one? Rush was pretty much all I played in previous Battlfefields (sometimes gave Conquest a go)

  • Days Gone

    • PaulH
    • April 25, 2019 at 1:33 PM

    Reviews are out:

    https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstati…ays-gone?ref=hp

  • Rage 2

    • PaulH
    • April 8, 2019 at 8:46 AM

    It's a slightly strange inclusion as I suppose it only appeals to those in the UK who know who Danny Dyer is (are films like the Football Factory popular abroad?). Anyway, kind of amusing :)

  • Battlefield V

    • PaulH
    • March 22, 2019 at 9:45 AM

    Actually looking forward to this one, will pick it up in a couple of months or so as am enjoying Apex still. I didn't get BFV originally but only because I had so much else to play and it seemed worth waiting for it to be patched.

  • Prodeus - KICKSTARTER LIVE!

    • PaulH
    • March 14, 2019 at 8:48 AM

    Looks great Vivi!

  • Anthem and the peculiarities of modern monetization.

    • PaulH
    • February 26, 2019 at 9:05 AM

    Apparently though, unfortunately for Bioware, this was actually in development for about a year and a half before Destiny even came out. I can imagine they probably took some inspiration from it anyway.

  • Apex Legends

    • PaulH
    • February 25, 2019 at 8:46 AM

    I love Blackout (and still play it) but the fact that I now find it a bit clunky is a testament to how well designed and streamlined this game is. Simply having attachments added to weapons automatically (and switched when weapons are swapped) makes a huge difference (compared to sitting in the inventory in Blackout, removing attachments and re-attaching manually). Also picking things up while running past without having to hold a button (on console). The little things really do add up.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™