1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Pongles

Posts by Pongles

  • Call Of Duty 4 demo

    • Pongles
    • October 16, 2007 at 12:17 AM
    Quote

    It might be the particles that INS is lacking mostly

    we had awesome particles!

    ... but I had to tone them down quite a bit because we needed a quick FPS fix for 1.1.

  • Team Fortress 2 beta!!!!!

    • Pongles
    • October 10, 2007 at 11:29 AM

    yea, TF2 is great fun and I can see clan-matches being a great laugh.

    I just love how the medic works.

    Teamplay FTW.

    ... Portal has been allocated for tonight .

  • 3d Skybox Problem in Source Engine

    • Pongles
    • October 8, 2007 at 3:55 PM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    the problem is the stuff in the 3dsky doesnt get the same lighting as the stuff in the actual map. I had a similar problem in one of my ins maps and couldnt fix it, so i had to remove parts of it

    wasn't that the bridge in baghdad?

  • UT3 System Score Calc

    • Pongles
    • October 8, 2007 at 1:18 PM

    17.75075

    ... I always have the latest processor and lots of RAM so compiling doesn't take so long - if I had an 8800 (I have a 7600GT ) my score would be 22!

  • Open Source Game development?

    • Pongles
    • October 4, 2007 at 1:41 PM

    .. Open-Source middle-ware works well though .

  • Open Source Game development?

    • Pongles
    • October 3, 2007 at 3:01 PM

    IMO it'll just take one kick-ass game and people will start to take it seriousally.

    It just takes the right bunch of people.

  • Guitar n00b asking experienced e-guitarists for advise

    • Pongles
    • October 3, 2007 at 12:00 PM

    just a few tid-bits ...

    Do you have any friends (in RL) that play? If so, talk to them about it, and have a little fun their guitars and see what you think.

    If you decide to go for it ... don't go out any buy a real Les Paul or w/e straight away, get a "good" fake.

    Also Min0 ...

    Quote

    I have a Strato but I just can't get arsed to play it, specialy because I ain't got an amp. SonicDM told me there's a cord to plug it into the pc and some softwares to emulate distortion and stuff... I should go look for it.

    you're looking for virtuAMP ...

    http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/index.php?p=51

    ... but you'll need a 6.25mm to 3.5mm adapter.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™