1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Jenn0_Bing

Posts by Jenn0_Bing

  • Battlefield 4

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • October 3, 2013 at 9:46 AM

    I have been enjoying the game quite a lot. Played a couple of hours each these past two nights. My biggest gripe is I get terrible performance right now, and changing the graphics settings seems to do nothing to alleviate the problem.

    Another issue I have is it's muck quicker to kill or be killed. Seems they are moving more towards the COD damage model. This has greatly reduced the number of "close encounter" moments for me, something that was always exciting in the past battlefields. Though this might be somewhat augmented by my bad performance.

    Quote from PogoP

    Hmmm, I'm really not enjoying this on 360. Looks like absolute shite, and the level is so open.. There's barely any cover anywhere lol. It feels like the level is still in blockout.

    Gonna have to compare it to PC!

    I think they've approached this level with the idea of 3 infantry areas, connected by open bridges for vehicles. If you stay around D+E or C or A+B infantry can do quite well and there seems to me to be plenty of cover, it's as soon as you want to move from one section to the next it gets tough. But then there's so many vehicles in this map you can easily just hop in a transport with your squad.

  • Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • September 20, 2013 at 12:50 PM

    Awesome! Go Mapcore go!

  • Daniel Keating - Environment Artist / Level Builder

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • September 12, 2013 at 9:53 AM

    I'd lose the ads. I had one of a fat guy jiggling his belly at the bottom of one page, kind of spoils your awesome work above.

  • PAYDAY 2

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • August 15, 2013 at 12:13 PM

    Been playing the last week (beta too) and really enjoying it. I totally agree scaling rewards is off. It's too tempting to just do Jewelry Store on overkill over and over than it is to play one of the much longer missions. But the longer missions provide a more varied game play experience for sure.


    I'd also love to be able to have multiple characters, without having to swap save files about. So I can play with other friends of different levels or create builds with the other skill trees.

  • IO interactive lays off nearly half its staff

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • June 18, 2013 at 9:39 AM

    Bad news indeed sorry for everyone involved. If it was another K&L, I would have liked to see that. They weren't perfect by any means but I found both of them enjoyable enough.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • June 17, 2013 at 10:44 PM

    Thanks guys! And congrats to the others.

    Quote from knj

    Warsaw office ?

    Yep .

  • Mirrors Edge Catalyst

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • June 16, 2013 at 8:46 PM

    Open world seems like it could be very cool. But I did enjoy the linear obstacle course feeling of the original. I hope the movement through the city can be well balanced between the challenging and the cool, with all the extra added freedom.

  • MapCore Job Census

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • June 16, 2013 at 8:39 PM

    I've been tardy with this one. Can I get added to the list, CDProjekt Red as an Environment Artist? Been there since February. Congrats to all the other recent hires .

  • Mirrors Edge Catalyst

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • June 10, 2013 at 11:13 PM

    Yes, just so much yes!

  • The Witcher 3

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • June 10, 2013 at 11:03 PM

    Here's the Gameplay Debut from the Xbox One conference, and a dev talk video!

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Wolfenstein Returns?

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • May 8, 2013 at 8:07 PM

    Very true, I'm sure it'l be better for the project. After the last Wolfenstein, they couldn't really go bigger and still have the same "it's a secret" thing going on anyway. I mean a whole Town is pretty hard to keep secret to begin with.

    Ultimately I am a game play > realism guy, so this doesn't pain me too much. And anyway, those peeks at post-WWII Nazi London look awesome, can't wait to explore it.

  • Hellraid (www.hellraid.com)

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • May 8, 2013 at 7:54 PM

    Trailer looks pretty boss. I've actually been waiting for a game like this for a while, I was a big fan of the Heretic games back in the day, and those staff sections were giving me flashbacks! Not enough dark fantasy FPS games around.

  • Wolfenstein Returns?

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • May 8, 2013 at 7:53 PM

    I am hopeful this will be awesome, the ex-Starbreeze heritage is certainly promising, always enjoyed their games. Those screenshots look very promising, sharp textures for id Tech 5!

    I am a little bit disappointed they've gone the whole "alternate reality" route. Part of what was alluring to me about the Wolfenstein format was the, slight plausibility of the situation, as it was always located somewhere hidden by the Nazis/kept secret by the Allied forces.

    Ultimately I'll just be happy with a solid shooter and the Wolfenstein style. Bring on the hulking monsters and laser guns!

  • Disney closes LucasArts

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • May 6, 2013 at 10:44 PM

    Something in the vein of Republic Commando would be most welcome.

  • just a quick reminder

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • May 6, 2013 at 7:13 PM

    Crazy to think about. It's also 10 years since I started modding, began with Far Cry/Doom3 before getting really interested in Source upon HL2's release.

    I don't think I can easily pick between the two games. HL1 was an awesome experience for me at that young age, and it really got me interested in modding. At that point I didn't have the patience to learn properly, but I certainly got stuck in to the community and played all the greats. By HL2's release, I was more prepared to dedicate the time it was going to take to make my own stuff, and so I did. Winding up spending 6 years working on making HL1 in the source engine, meaning both games almost merge into 1 as far as impact on my life is concerned.

    As far as peoples comments on which era had the best mods. It might be because I dropped out of playing every mod I could get my hands on with HL2, but to me HL1 wins hands down. There was such a breadth of experiences you could get from the mods around HL1, Sven Co-Op which was pretty revolutionary to me as a gamer, and I feel still hasn't really been matched. Hostile-Intent was another big favourite of mine for it's tactical gameplay. Also Science and Industry, a game which really needs to see a remake or re-envisioning, the democratic upgrade system added a wonderful dynamic to what was essentially capture the flag. Then Brain Bread and Zombie Panic, because multilayer zombies just wasn't a thing back then. And of course the big ones such as CS, DoD and NS.

    That being said HL2 has also had some greats, Eternal Silence, Dystopia and Empires spring to mind as excitingly different multilayer games I really enjoyed, each bringing a totally unique gameplay experience from anything else around. I do feel however that HL2 has managed more impressive single-player modifications, such as Dear Esther, Research and Development, the Minerva Series and Mission Improbable, to name a few. Maybe that is down to the industry maturing as a whole though.

  • War for the Overworld

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • February 7, 2013 at 9:58 AM

    I am looking forward to it, and I've backed it. But it worries me that it currently looks worse to me than DKII at the moment, DKII had such a cool cohesive art style that in my eyes has really stood the test of time. All that super-contrasty dynamic light and a rather scatter-shot colour scheme. Not to mention I am not a big fan of those bright glowing red gems on every player owned tile. But if they get the tone and game play down, I might be able to look past those issues just to get another fix of the genre. I'm currently playing DKII through again for the nth time, I never tire of it.

  • Happy new year folks!

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • January 1, 2013 at 12:58 PM

    Happy new year people!

  • Hitman: Absolution

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • November 21, 2012 at 11:06 AM

    I get really bad pops and crackles in my audio, and if something loud happens like a crescendo in the music then my 5.1 channels play musical chairs and all swap around. The game just doesn't sound as good with the sub trying to play the center speaker channel

    Not to mention if I quit the game too fast (Don't leave enough time between quitting to menu - quitting to desktop) or alt-tab out, then it floods my PC's memory and the whole thing becomes unusable for 5 mins, when it does recover my mouse cursor is sometimes invisible. Unfortunately I have to do this quite often to refresh my speakers...

    Apart from those incredibly frustrating bugs, the two levels I played were at least enjoyable.

  • World War Z

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • November 9, 2012 at 11:12 AM

    Haha, looks awesome, maybe not quite as awesome as the book's potential though. Would have loved to see the realistic take on Zombies from Brooks' works, instead of this more generic Hollywood zombies action-fest. But it does look like something I can enjoy watching.

    Also, that has to be the end of Inception-Horns trailers, can anyone seriously top the ridiculous use of BWWAAAAAAAAGH exhibited here.

  • The Natural Selection 2 Thread

    • Jenn0_Bing
    • November 3, 2012 at 9:06 PM
    Quote from PogoP

    We should organise a time that we can all play together at some point. I'm away this weekend, but maybe next week sometime?

    I'd be down for that if it's a time I can make!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™