1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. madgernader

Posts by madgernader

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • madgernader
    • July 4, 2008 at 6:08 AM

    Well, I just bought a new Full tower case for my PC, phase one of my total PC upgrade; Waiting on it to ship, but I sure hope this fixes my PC's cooling problems (that and a move from mid to full tower will be a nice space boost...)

    [Blocked Image: http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c319/madgernader/WindTunnel.jpg]

    But with a name like "The Wind Tunnel" coupled with the twin 250mm fans on the side give the impression that it will do its job nicely; who needs liquid cooling

  • your computer 2008

    • madgernader
    • June 30, 2008 at 11:10 PM

    Yea, My PC is smokin

    Case: Raidmax Scorpio Black Midtower Gaming case

    Ram: 2x1Gb Corsair 400MHz DDR

    CPU: Intel P4 3.0GHz

    Graphics: AGP ATI Radeon 9800 Pro - Shader Model 2 FTW

    HDD: 300GB Seagate Barracuda

    Mobo: Elitegroup P4M800-M7

    PSU: Ultra Xfinity 500Watt

    Keyboard: Ideazon USB Zboard

    Mouse: Logitech USB G5

    Speakers: Logitech Z-640 5.1 Surround Sound Speakers

    Monitor: Sony Trinitron Multiscan 200ES CRT

    OS: Microsoft Windows XP Pro 32bit

    Yea... My PC was slightly better, but then my PSU Sparked/Smoked out and died followed soon after by my Nvidia 6600GT, So now Im forced back to the land of SM2.0 where most new games wont even let you use the editor.... *Stares at UT3, CoD4*

    That coupled with the fact that the 9800Pro is awful, apparently on some older ATI cards there is a instability with VIA chipset motherboards, and so I cant use the official drivers even, so I get outdated driver messages constantly

    I hope to upgrade my PC soon, it was only acouple years ago when I built this one with mid range parts, and now its just falling downhill

  • Using CSS content in a HL2 mod

    • madgernader
    • June 30, 2008 at 10:41 PM

    You add it into the code, the valve wiki tells you how...

    http://%7boption%7d

    Down at the bottom of that page under "Mount Steam Application Content"

    That will let your mod load the materials / models in the game, I think to get them to appear in hammer you'd have to edit the FGD, I'm not really sure.

  • E3 2008

    • madgernader
    • June 26, 2008 at 6:55 AM
    Quote from Furyo

    yeah Treyarch is doing it, and got so much crap for it they must feel pressured by now. It's just amazing how CoD4 is so good that it developed a hardcore IW fanbase that automatically makes anyone touching the license go to hell.Anyway, I wish Ubi would send me along as the PoP demo will be one of my maps, but someone else is going instead (another LD)

    Yea, I hope they do a good job, I actually liked Cod3, no it wasn't as good as 2 or 4, but it was still a solid game, but it got a lot of crap for what seems like just not being IW... Who knows, with twice as much dev time, it might work out better for them, I'll still pick it up.

    As for PoP, thats surprising that they're sending someone else... But hey, what can ya do? Thats awesome that your work gets to be in the demo, Hope its top Notch (The level and the game)

  • E3 2008

    • madgernader
    • June 25, 2008 at 10:58 PM

    Man I wish I could go, That would be killer!

    Who's making The new CoD? is it Infinity Ward or Treyarch...

    I hope doom 4 is good, I liked Doom 3, it just got repetitive, Hopefully they fix that...

  • Metal Gear Solid 4

    • madgernader
    • June 19, 2008 at 3:24 AM

    I could have sworn that the older ones had a load button when you contacted the save person.... Man I must just be losing it, I guess I just didn't have this need in the others. Oh well, not much I can do about it...

  • Metal Gear Solid 4

    • madgernader
    • June 18, 2008 at 7:07 PM

    Ok, this is going to bug me if I don't ask it and find out. Does this game have a load option while ingame? So if I were to get spotted when I'm trying not to, can I hit pause and access some secret load game option that I'm just not seeing or to avoid a continue do I have to quit the game and re-load my save from the menu? That's what I did during act 5 when I was trying to sneak by and it got old fast, and playing through again I would love to find out that there is a load button before I want to strangle something from having to quit and reload so often...

  • Metal Gear Solid 4

    • madgernader
    • June 18, 2008 at 4:53 AM

    I just beat it, and I must say I think overall it lived up to the hype I had for it.

    Quote

    I was disappointed that it didn't stay in the middle east that long (I liked those parts!) and I agree that it got alitte harder to follow towards the end, but I don't think it was even close to how lost number 2 made me feel...

    I'm kinda sad that this is the 'end' (so they say) btw, in the credits did anyone else notice

    Quote

    "Voice of God : Hideo Kojima" That made me lol, for those that missed it, it was in the first section of credits, when it was going over voice actors

  • Anyone tried Haze

    • madgernader
    • June 15, 2008 at 6:06 AM
    Quote from Erratic

    Also, some of the dialogue felt a little forced

    Yea, the dialogue was awful for alot of it, but it seemed like a comical bad. Kinda like the mercinaries in FarCry shouting lines like "I'm gunna shoot you in the face!" and "I'll fix your little red wagon!" So if anything the dialogue makes me want to get it more because I can laugh at it and have a overall good time when playing.

  • Anyone tried Haze

    • madgernader
    • June 12, 2008 at 9:50 PM

    I played the demo, and I dont see why everyone ripped on it so bad. The enviroments were static, and the enemies where at times hard to spot from a distance, but overall I found it entertaining. Granted this was my first freeradical game i played and I had no expectations. I'll probably still pick it up because I've been hurtin for some good coop games and the 4player splitscreen was fun in the demo, and frankly I dont really care if the games super great looking. Personally Crysis for example was a dissapointment, mostly because I wasnt really sold on the core game (the suit and overall game setting) While I liked the ideas they put into haze, I think its somthing different, and somthing they could probably improve on quite a bit next time.

    My next question is why are they comparing it to crysis? Yea its the best looking fps to come out so far, but its two different systems... Why didnt they compare it to something from the same system like UT3, Uncharted, or Army of 2? All of those would probably fit for a better comparison, because the ps3 is still a pretty new system, Im not surprised they havnt been able to get everything crysis has goin for it because few companies probably CAN get that kind of stuff running on a ps3 right now. In a year or so I bet more stuff will get closer once people can use the cell processor better. I dont think many console games will ever beable to look better then the equivilant pc title. I think people are getting to be way to critical...

  • To Vista or not to Vista, thats the question!

    • madgernader
    • May 26, 2008 at 6:17 PM

    The amazon one is being sold as 'used - Like New' I dont think buying an OS used no matter how good the disc is, is a good idea.

    And as for why Non Oem? I hate buying software that I know will be unusable as soon as I make a substancial change to my hardware. For example, by the end of this summer I plan to have a near total overhaul of my PC. And then, at the speed current hardware prices are falling who knows I might upgrade that some too, How picky are OEM discs? I mean Im sure more ram, another HDD, or a second graphics card would be fine. but how much does it take to trip it? Leaving me without an OS?

  • To Vista or not to Vista, thats the question!

    • madgernader
    • May 26, 2008 at 5:27 AM

    Ok, I give up. Do any of you know where I can buy a NON OEM copy of xp 64bit? everywhere I look its either OEM discs, vista, or entire PC's. None of which are the route I really want to go with. Although I'm not surprised its not the most straightforward thing since M$ declares vista to be Almighty.

  • To Vista or not to Vista, thats the question!

    • madgernader
    • May 24, 2008 at 5:30 PM

    Hmm, it does sound like a worth while investment, especially since I'm gunna invest in some more, faster ram... Now the only thing I gotta do is find a place to buy a non-OEM disc

  • To Vista or not to Vista, thats the question!

    • madgernader
    • May 24, 2008 at 2:17 AM

    Going alittle off topic,

    Is Xp64 any good? I heard it had bad driver support so stay away from it, but many people here seem to use it and like it... Id love to use it as 64bit was about the only reason I got vista, and since that was a dissapointment to me its leaving me open to ideas.

  • STALKER: Clear Sky

    • madgernader
    • May 20, 2008 at 2:52 AM

    This does look cool. I've heard mixed things about the first one though... Never actually played it myself, would you guys say its worth picking up? Also is it standalone or is it one of those must use in steam things (Steam's about the only place I've even seen an ad aside from boxed copies in stores, but i never checked them out, so I dont know if its Like Red Orchestra, retail option but still needs steam)

  • To Vista or not to Vista, thats the question!

    • madgernader
    • May 20, 2008 at 1:13 AM

    I'd say XP, I have a dual boot now between XP 32 and Vista 64bit and the performance difference (for me at least) is negligable with the nod going towards XP (although I think Vista SP1 did speed it up, although that could have also been the change from vista 32->64) Although my gfx card isnt DX10 (Radeon 9800pro ) So my opinion my be void with newer hardware as the performance difference would probably be nearly nonexistant with newer faster hardware. And supporting DX10 is futureproofing your system...

    For reference I'm running a intel P4 3.0ghz, 2gigs 400Mhz ram, and an old radeon 9800. So go figure that XP works better for me.

  • [Mod] Shock Illusion Studios currently recruiting

    • madgernader
    • May 15, 2008 at 5:30 AM

    He's probably wondering because your team name is "Shock Illusion Studios" So that of coarse assumes you've got more then one studio...

  • Games you regret buying?

    • madgernader
    • May 15, 2008 at 5:12 AM

    Battlefield 2142....

    I actually liked BF2, but then they killed it with patches and expansions and released this pile of garbage that cut down on maps and classes and just killed it for me.

    TES3: Morrowind

    When I swing a sword at a guys face it should make contact, not take another 20 swings to hit. >=(

  • Metal Gear Solid 4

    • madgernader
    • May 15, 2008 at 5:07 AM
    Quote from Algor

    I haven't played more than two hours of the first game many years ago, but I bought the MGS Essentials when it came out a month or so ago.

    Almost the same boat I was in, I owned MGS2 on the Xbox, and so I missed out on 1 & 3 due to the lack of an xbox port. So, since I got the 60gb ps3 I snatched up the Essentials soon after they came out. Most Definitly Worth it, and I'm totally pumped for MGS4 (MGO will be fun too if the Beta is any indication)

  • XBOX Live Gamertags / PSN User IDs

    • madgernader
    • April 30, 2008 at 4:24 PM

    My PSN is Mad_Grenadier, I dont play online much, but eh, Might as well throw it out there anyways.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™