1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. ^Slick

Posts by ^Slick

  • I'm pretty much done with any modern PC games...

    • ^Slick
    • August 30, 2007 at 4:02 PM
    Quote from BioPulse

    It just sucks if your mobo is out of date, because replacing that, and the ram / cpu attached to i, costs a bit more.

    Thats the situation I'm in, I'm still on Socket A, AGP and DDR1.

    =(

  • Paranoia mod

    • ^Slick
    • August 29, 2007 at 6:41 PM

    I thought the above screenshot was a really crap mod for Source, but then I realised its an amazing mod for GldSource.

    Yay.

  • HL2 map designer needed

    • ^Slick
    • August 28, 2007 at 2:05 PM

    What, so you are willing to pay $1000 - $1500 for this to be made?

    If I had a decent portfolio going I'd happily do it for like $500, I'm sure a load of people could start bidding or somthing.

    Rofl. I'm too busy with a boat load of other projects so nevermind.

  • Hitman Trailer

    • ^Slick
    • August 24, 2007 at 12:52 PM

    Touche on the accent thing, that is true, but I do believe that Statham does have the look down. Either way, we can't change it now, and I'll be seeing it as long as i've the money.

    =)

  • Hitman Trailer

    • ^Slick
    • August 24, 2007 at 12:47 PM
    Quote from Wikipedia

    February 9, 1960) is an actor known best for providing the voice of Agent 47, the protagonist of IO Interactive's computer and video game series Hitman. In the game series Bateson is not only the voice actor, he is also the character model.

    [Blocked Image: http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/3613/davidbateson3yh.jpg]

    That being said, I think this dude would of been good for the part:

    [Blocked Image: http://erichasslen.googlepages.com/statham_hitman.jpg]

    Jason Statham

  • Hitman Trailer

    • ^Slick
    • August 24, 2007 at 12:24 PM

    Why did they choose him? The model of 47 is based off of some guy, can't remember his name. This same guy is also the voice actor of 47, as well as that he is an actor!

    It would be an obvious choice. I'm still going to see it though, gotta haven't I?

    I can imagine another game coming out soon after the movie actually, jumping on its hopeful success.

  • Mafia 2 website/screens

    • ^Slick
    • August 24, 2007 at 12:22 PM

    Mafia had one of the best soundtracks for a game in a long time, I hope its the same with Mafia 2.

    And on the dynamic vs radiosity lighting front, a dynamic city which may just be free roam will most likely have a time of day cycle, meaning dynamic lights will be the better, and easier choice, although I do prefer radiosity.

    It doesn't look pre-rendered at all, they just positioned the camera to give it some awesomtasicness. You can see the LOD system in the exterior screenshot.

    Also, in the second screenshot, with "tommy" up against the pillar, look at the poor shadows of the chairs and table on the bottom right. Tut tut.

  • TF2 - Meet The Soldier

    • ^Slick
    • August 22, 2007 at 9:58 PM

    [Blocked Image: http://img405.imageshack.us/img405/5291/vlcsnap279287ym5.jpg]

    Btw lads, its on Steam.

    And fooking hell! The facial animation is amazing in that video, the Heavy one didn't impress me much, but this really shows it off, the mouth movements are amazing.

    Gawd.

    Can't wait.

  • [dods] dod_cherbourg

    • ^Slick
    • August 17, 2007 at 1:52 PM

    Looking good, I'm downloading now.

  • Crysis release date announced

    • ^Slick
    • August 3, 2007 at 6:32 PM

    Argh, I can't run it yet, sombody want to donate monehz?

  • Unreal vs Source.

    • ^Slick
    • August 1, 2007 at 12:41 PM

    Hammer crashes less.

    I win.

    =)

  • Postal III (Source Engine)

    • ^Slick
    • July 29, 2007 at 2:46 PM

    Something is up with the Ragdoll, but that looks incredibly good for the Source Engine.

  • PHOTOEDIT

    • ^Slick
    • July 27, 2007 at 6:57 PM

    She looks like a man in the second

  • yo

    • ^Slick
    • July 21, 2007 at 2:30 AM

    wtf lawl forum ftw

  • Level Design Tutorials

    • ^Slick
    • July 15, 2007 at 11:29 PM

    Ill be reading them, I'm sure many of us try and read as much as possible on the subject we love.

  • Half-Life 2 mapping project WIP Pics

    • ^Slick
    • July 2, 2007 at 11:14 AM

    You sure make some very interesting to look at buildings. Keep up the good work man.

  • The 'Core Sketch Thread!?

    • ^Slick
    • June 29, 2007 at 9:47 PM
    Quote from Rick_D

    ahhh anime

    how I loathe thee...

  • Modeler needed for SP project!

    • ^Slick
    • June 18, 2007 at 8:14 PM

    Your sites down.

  • The random model thread!

    • ^Slick
    • June 18, 2007 at 12:10 PM

    Somthing I'm working on to practise creating normal maps, want to create a high poly and a low poly and then bake the normals.

    Only about an hours work so far, the underside of the front was hard as I've no idea what its meant to look like. So just kind of made it up as a I went along.

    [Blocked Image: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/skilledpro/hummer1.png]

    [Blocked Image: http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a380/skilledpro/hummer2.png]

    Crits/Comments?

  • Tablet help

    • ^Slick
    • June 17, 2007 at 8:36 PM
    Quote from Psycho

    I'm tempted to get me one of those Graphires...

    Totally do man, as a techy they let you want to draw more, they are pretty cheap for what they are and very good and last long. And if you don't use them to draw, they are so much better for browsing the Internet and your PC then a mouse... in my opinion of course.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™