1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Bigfootmech

Posts by Bigfootmech

  • A Combine's Life is recruiting!

    • Bigfootmech
    • April 26, 2007 at 8:08 PM

    I am a modeller for this mod, and I told reonid to look for a nurbs modeller... that last answer was my exact words.

    "So you're going to import those characters into hl2 as nurbs? Polygonal modelling gives you just as much control if done properly, and in my experience been less taxing on the computer."

    First of all: No. Sweep/Lathe was what I meant, but creation with nurbs. I also have no idea if you can import splines directly into hl2 lol.

    Section_Ei8ht

    Second of all: I am not the most experienced modeller out there so correct me if I'm wrong but I assume that as with any other simple shape NURBS can control the level of detail easily...

    Third of all: I am a modeller, and I'm getting to grips with this, but I don't know what you mean by "Subdivision faces".

    I also noted that NURBS and NURMS are differrent things from the google I just did.... I'm not too experienced with splines at all.

    I just meant work with splines to create curved objects easily...

    EDIT: I haven't even considered "Patch" as I haven't even learned anything about that yet sorry. As I said, I'm not an expert.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 8, 2026 at 7:49 PM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™