1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Dark_Ghost

Posts by Dark_Ghost

  • "Gecko" textures.

    • Dark_Ghost
    • April 29, 2007 at 10:52 PM
    Quote from Nubblecakes

    Every site I have released these textures at, people claim they remind them of Prey. I take that as a compliment too. Well, Genetica has a rather..."lacking" choice of labs and cut&tile patterns, so some textures will look similar. I did, however, tinker with seeding, scaling, liquid effects, grit density, mortar width, and shading and everything. Took a bit to get these textures to look like they do. But, I admit that it is rather easy to make them. But at least I did all the work for you.

    I've used genetica extensively. It is a versitile and usefull tool that can prototype ideas and export them with normal maps, but it is not a tool that creates finished products.

    My suggestion is to take thoes textures and put them into photoshop and add the details that would make them feel more real. Use thoes to make Specular maps for the engine. Adding some dirt would help kill the overly shinyness.

    You might also want to take a look at the depth setting on your Normal Maps. They look a little strange in some places.

    Other than that, Welcome to Mapcore.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    October 6, 2026 at 9:01 AM
  2. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:18 AM
  3. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:14 AM
  4. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Minos
    October 6, 2026 at 4:13 AM
  5. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™