1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. clankill3r

Posts by clankill3r

  • Leap Motion with Unity 5

    • clankill3r
    • January 27, 2016 at 9:34 PM

    I have a bit experience with leap and a bit with Unity but not the combination.
    How do you normally load the library when you use leap with javascript?

  • Leap Motion with Unity 5

    • clankill3r
    • January 27, 2016 at 8:20 PM

    I think you have better luck asking on either the leap or unity forum.
    I guess it is possible.

  • The Witness

    • clankill3r
    • January 27, 2016 at 8:10 PM

    I have read all the negative reviews today on steam. Funny how people can use "the whole game is" after playing 0.5 hours :)

    Anyway, a lot of negative reviews seems from users that don't like using a brain which makes me really want to buy the game.
    First I need to finish some freelance work :(

  • The Witness

    • clankill3r
    • January 25, 2016 at 7:44 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    http://opencritic.com/game/1557/the-witness

    Good shit, can't wait to try it out, think I'm in the perfect mood for something like this right about now.

    Made the mistake of checking out some video reviews that spoiled some of the puzzles tho however

    There are about 866 puzzles or something so I shouldn't be that worried :)


    Quote from blackdog

    Game looks so beautiful, I'm really curious to explore it. Puzzles didn't convince me too much, i mean they are abstract puzzles, which is not necessarily bad but is the only thing that there is. Seems a bit of a wasted opportunity.

    Well Jonathan Blow is good in making puzzles, it won't be the same all over again but it will build on previous knowledge. It makes me wonder what you would have added :)

  • My Advanced Hammer YouTube Tutorial Series (Episode 8 RELEASED: Packing Textures/Models into the BSP)

    • clankill3r
    • January 25, 2016 at 7:40 PM

    Nice tutorial. I will check out your others soon.
    About the question for models, instead of 3DMax, Blender could be used which is free and heading in a good direction.

    https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi…s/?id=436454108

  • My Friend Pedro

    • clankill3r
    • January 20, 2016 at 7:05 PM

    Looks cool! Only a bit to much slowmotion (in my opinion).

  • Oculus Rift

    • clankill3r
    • January 19, 2016 at 3:20 PM

    @Buddy

    Check if you have a free pci slot in your pc.
    Then you could buy a usb card, which will be a lot cheaper then a new motherboard.


    [Blocked Image: https://www.nowthatsit.nl/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/456x/17f82f742ffe127f42dca9de82fb58b1/l/o/logilink_pc0057a.png]

    https://www.nowthatsit.nl/logilink-pc005…CFWgUwwodS_kPbQ

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • clankill3r
    • January 17, 2016 at 6:17 PM
    Quote from leplubodeslapin

    @clankill3r You are not really supposed to take a screenshot from Google Street View and post it in this topic !

    Just kidding it looks really great, what engine are you using to get such an accurate lighting ? Some windows pattern are a little bit repetitive, but it's alright. Good job

    Haha it is a photograph :)

    I was just wondering if anyone would notice :)

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • clankill3r
    • January 15, 2016 at 8:04 AM

    Untextued model with a temporary lighting rig of two diffuse bounces of a blue dome and yellow key.

    [Blocked Image: http://www.iquilezles.org/blog/myContent/sanfran16.jpg]

  • Which engine is better for AI behavior customization?

    • clankill3r
    • January 15, 2016 at 7:55 AM

    I have a book called "programming game AI by example" and one by o'reilly called "AI for game developers". The first book is really good, the book by o'reilly is not so good. I really recommend getting the first one.

  • The Steam Sale Thread

    • clankill3r
    • December 28, 2015 at 9:59 AM

    Thats why you end up with both :)

  • Blender

    • clankill3r
    • December 27, 2015 at 8:24 PM

    I just watched this video:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.
    It's kind of interesting. I suggest to play at 1.5 speed do.
    I really liked he simulates seasons for tree growth.

  • Blender

    • clankill3r
    • December 27, 2015 at 11:00 AM

    I think good foliage is mostly in the render.
    You might want to check out: http://www.thearchitectureacademy.com/

    Also I always loved this compound for softimage:

  • Blender

    • clankill3r
    • December 26, 2015 at 11:04 PM

    Cool, I will check it out the t-rex tutorial later.
    About rendering and UV mapping etc. I suggest to only do tutorials that are focused on the cycles render engine. It will save you a ton of time. So don't waste time on the default light sources etc. You probably have pc's with enough cuda cores in them to do some fast GPU rendering so why waste time on a old cpu renderer...

  • The Steam Sale Thread

    • clankill3r
    • December 26, 2015 at 9:41 AM

    I loved that game! I really hope there will be a sequel some day that does justice to the original. But that sounds very unlikely with current game developers those days.

  • The Steam Sale Thread

    • clankill3r
    • December 25, 2015 at 10:29 PM

    Kingpin life of crime?

  • Blender

    • clankill3r
    • December 25, 2015 at 2:31 PM

    Also I'm amazed by the start up time of blender. It takes about a second!

    About the tutorials, I'm also watching video tutorials at the moment and depending on the person I set the playback time between 150 and 200%.
    Kinda feels nice when you watched a 40min video in 20 minutes :)

  • De_Front [Need Feedback!]

    • clankill3r
    • December 25, 2015 at 2:29 PM

    Replace the skybox and delete the sun :)

  • Blender

    • clankill3r
    • December 24, 2015 at 7:08 PM

    Anyone here using blender?

    I just started with it (again), and so far I liked it. I tried it before but I always preferred softimage.
    Blender also has a good gpu renderer now included called Cycles.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDRTjz…lL39NEBPZLB50ey

    Once I made something other then tutorial results, I will post some work.

  • De_Front [Need Feedback!]

    • clankill3r
    • December 24, 2015 at 7:02 PM

    The windows in the OP are really huge.

    Also, I just had an idea. Make it a night map first. This to add street lamps and other lights. Then once happy with that, make it a day map. I think this could lead to a more realistic placement of lights. (as in visual objects).

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™