1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. clankill3r

Posts by clankill3r

  • MapCore CS:GO Playtesting 4.0

    • clankill3r
    • January 10, 2015 at 10:23 AM

    Ask on the insurgency forums, I think you have more luck there.

  • Breaking Bad

    • clankill3r
    • January 8, 2015 at 10:23 PM

    Damn I just bought the whole series as a present for my mother while my parents just bought a widescreen

  • Game music

    • clankill3r
    • January 8, 2015 at 10:21 PM

    I saw a topic about music in the off-topic section. But why not one in general gaming discussion about game music! And by that I mean music created for games, not music in games.


    What I really love about music from games is that it can bring back a nostalgia feeling much stronger then most other music can do for me. I think this is cause the music was always connected to the game while other music is often connected to many moments in life.


    I really encourage to listen to the songs while mapping or something so you take your time.

    Be aware that it might influence your mapping with to much sand and bunkers


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    bonus (I love the part after 35 seconds).

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    The music in Doom is still one of the best, and I think almost everyone here knows this music.

    Here some of my favourite times ( I missed many):

    0.00

    +-46.00

    57.05 I don't like it as a song but it's really psycho starting as some kind of children program music

    1.34.10 Wait like 1 minute and 30 sec from here, when it comes it's so sweat


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    I played donkey kong like once, but o man this song:

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    Maybe more later!

    Now let me hear yours!!

  • Breaking Bad

    • clankill3r
    • January 8, 2015 at 7:57 PM

    I liked breaking bad but overall I didn't think it was that great.

    Often it was way to unrealistic for me. I don't want to go into detail cause i'm to tired and it doesn't really matter.

    Let's say the show had some dips. I must say the first and last season was good. And in between it was like a sinus wave.


    If you liked breaking bad I really recommend watching the wire and the sopranos if you haven't. And also generation kill which is a mini serie.

  • what was your favourite / most inspiring map

    • clankill3r
    • January 8, 2015 at 6:14 PM

    rockdude86


    yeah I'm Doeke And yeah my friends Blade and Schizo

    Who are you?

  • what was your favourite / most inspiring map

    • clankill3r
    • January 7, 2015 at 10:14 PM

    Almaden was also my favourite ins map.

    I had such great times on it. I liked bagdad as well.

    About nuclear down, really sad it wasn't a mod anymore and got released so late. I tried it once and it looked awesome but I was not a big fan of the gameplay. (Prefered ns2). I want to check all maps out of nd soon.

  • [CSGO] Help me with the layout changes

    • clankill3r
    • January 7, 2015 at 10:01 PM

    Please use image tags!

  • what was your favourite / most inspiring map

    • clankill3r
    • January 6, 2015 at 3:05 PM
    Quote from jackophant

    I've seen some great games and levels, real nostalgia trips... BUT! Does anyone remember this beaut?


    [Blocked Image: http://likeinvest.org.netbookgame.ru/uploads/posts/2009-12/1260522384_i48a566b667f95.jpg]


    I remember that screenshot. I really liked that model. It looked so smooth for that time. Was the game any fun?

  • [WIP] KDG World (Garry's Mod RP Map)

    • clankill3r
    • January 6, 2015 at 2:00 PM

    please use image tags! No pics no clicks!

  • mapping dreams

    • clankill3r
    • January 2, 2015 at 10:08 PM

    Who has them?


    I had one a time ago. I was walking in a cs map. There was a bombside A and I got asked to map the bomb side B. The cool thing is I don't have to map in hammer lol

    It's more like god.

    Since the spot for B was touching A I went for making a high building with multiple ways leading into the building. However, what was mapped before me was so perfect in angles and everything.


    And I had one more mapping dream yesterday. I was putting several buildings together I mapped and making new connections etc. Adding height. And then walking in it and everything looked so nice.

    The lightning was amazing with a perfect sunset.


    Later I was flying in fast forward speed threw all places and by a lot of thing I saw I had thoughts like yeah I have to map that. And that...


    Damn, can't wait to have my pc back...


    I really hope Source 2 will be capable of making a city the size of GTA. I would love to make a city.


    If you had cool mapping dreams then drop them here

  • The random model thread!

    • clankill3r
    • December 31, 2014 at 5:18 PM

    Looks nice. Only a bit more light on the side of the briefcase would look nice.

  • The Steam Sale Thread

    • clankill3r
    • December 31, 2014 at 5:13 PM

    Arma 2 and Arma 2 operation Arrowhead.

    Don't know if I will play it but the dayz mod looks so much more fun then the standalone. And it was something like 3 euros to get both

  • [CS:GO] cs_shichang

    • clankill3r
    • December 31, 2014 at 12:01 PM

    Second one reminds me of kowloon-walled-city

    http://www.flabber.nl/linkdump/plaat…lled-city-13457


    What you have so far looks pretty cool.

  • pl_millstone

    • clankill3r
    • December 30, 2014 at 3:18 PM

    Please use image tags.

    For the rest, looks really good.

  • clankill3r's concept art*

    • clankill3r
    • December 28, 2014 at 11:58 AM

    I started with making concept art in photoshop.

    I hope to get at a descent level of quality someday. And soon I will start making textures as well. Making textures is a bit more important for me. But making concept art feels less as work which is nice. I also think it's good for photoshop practice.


    For who's interested. A few tips. Get a wacom tablet if you can afford one. This is not only because you can add strokes more natural but they have pressure control. So the harder you press, the less opacity for example.

    Second tip, get custom brushes. They help so much.


    Ok here it comes.

    O yeah, I first draw in a dummy and then I scan and then I draw over them.


    My first one, I stopped after a while cause...:


    Second attempt, here I started using custom brushes.

    The light could be a bit stronger. Also it needs harder lines.


    3th, I wanted some hard sunlight on the asphalt but I really failed at that. I also really dislike how the stair goes to the grass but because of the angle it was a bit hard.


    I kinda like this one. Here I started adding photo material as well.

    I'm really happy with the fence.


    Here my finger started to hurt and I was getting hungry from photoshopping all day:


    This was based on a tutorial, but my result is so bad:


    I did a wood tutorial, wood is really easy.

    I thought it would be nice to make a box as well.

    On the right I wanted to make a quick one. Cause I prefer to be good in speed painting then the detail photoshopping like on the left.


    Last one to finish the day. The tree and birds are a brush, so yeah all I did is quite bad.


    Ok more later...

  • Am I the only one who runs into bugs that make maps unplayable? (RIPhammer)

    • clankill3r
    • December 28, 2014 at 10:33 AM

    I made a list of all hammer frustrations many years ago. I lost the list, but I remember it was huge

  • [CS:GO]de_zoo

    • clankill3r
    • December 26, 2014 at 7:23 PM

    That is not an easter egg

    That is obvious advertisement

  • Making of's

    • clankill3r
    • December 26, 2014 at 11:01 AM

    I really hope they make Subnautica a hardcore underwater survival game with perma dead. At the moment the game looks ok but kinda boring.

  • Modo!

    • clankill3r
    • December 23, 2014 at 5:55 AM

    I think softimage is still the best, but that's a sinking ship. I will never buy anything from Autodesk again cause they are lying bitches. I think modo is the most promising software out there. It missis a lot but each update adds so many features.

    You can get a student version of modo on steam which comes quite cheap but I don't know about the disadvantages of that.

    When i can't work with softimage anymore I probably switch to modo.

  • Little Texture Showcase - Noob Edition

    • clankill3r
    • December 22, 2014 at 6:38 PM

    I also started making textures and concept art. I will show soon.

    Please upload bigger images.

    Ok, do you have a wacom tablet? They are worth it, the pressure control is awesome. If you get one don't buy smaller then a4.

    Search for a good brush pack. They can make things so much easier.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™