1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. clankill3r

Posts by clankill3r

  • MapCore - broken image links

    • clankill3r
    • November 11, 2015 at 8:58 PM

    Lets say I have this link for example:

    https://migrationtest.mapcore.org/topic/18156-cl…-1419767078.png

    Then how can I edit so it finds the file again?

  • The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium AKA what Tyler McVicker just said on YouTube

    • clankill3r
    • October 29, 2015 at 1:39 PM

    I miss the shitload of fun / good mods that HL1 had. Damn I played a lot of them :)

  • Sledge Editor

    • clankill3r
    • October 24, 2015 at 10:19 PM

    Do you still work on this project?

    Also, how heavy does it relay on Microsoft .NET 4.0?

  • Generic 3D Level Editor v0.2

    • clankill3r
    • October 24, 2015 at 10:17 PM

    Hey Enhex,

    any progress or did you stop working on the project?

  • The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium AKA what Tyler McVicker just said on YouTube

    • clankill3r
    • October 24, 2015 at 5:36 PM

    I think the atmosphere in HL1 is way better then in HL2.
    More people feel the same about that?

  • The Half-Life 3 thread of closure and memorium AKA what Tyler McVicker just said on YouTube

    • clankill3r
    • October 24, 2015 at 1:52 PM

    Another thing i never see mentioned is vulkan. Previously known as nextGL. (As in the next openGL). Valve, and a lot of other companies are working on vulkan. Vulkan is way more cpu friendly then openGL is. And a lot more that you can look up if your interested.

    I wouldn't be surprised if they want HL3 to work on Vulkan to get the best out of it.

  • Reaction

    • clankill3r
    • October 24, 2015 at 1:42 PM

    Gave a thumbs up to support the action genre.

  • [CS:GO][WiP]de_hospital

    • clankill3r
    • August 18, 2015 at 1:17 PM

    Looks like a great map for the specialists with the nice variations in hight.

  • [CS:GO] de_binnenhof

    • clankill3r
    • August 15, 2015 at 5:06 PM

    Is this map about killing Geert Wilders?

  • de_mirage idea

    • clankill3r
    • August 15, 2015 at 5:04 PM
    Quote from austinweiss13

    I think his picture suggests that the T's still start further back with the same timings, but allow for quicker rotations once out of spawn.

    yes I mean that! Else it would be horrible!

  • de_mirage idea

    • clankill3r
    • August 12, 2015 at 2:18 PM

    I had this idea for de_mirage and I was wondering what other people where thinking of it.
    First, de_mirage seems to be quite balanced as it is:
    http://blog.counter-strike.net/index.php/map-data-01/

    The idea is to cut the top right corner. This would allow in much quicker rotation times.
    It would be mostly in favor of the T's but it could also favor the CT slightly cause they could go quicker for retakes where they push from multiple sides.
    The wenis pointing to the top right is for the spawn points so T's don't get in important positions before the CT's.

    Let me know what you think!

  • How to make 1v1 maps...

    • clankill3r
    • August 12, 2015 at 2:05 PM

    What game are you talking about?

    I used to have 2 pc's at home to LAN in the time my internet was to slow to play online.
    From that I learned:

    -Keep the map compact. Sound can be really help full to find each other.
    -Don't create a maze, keep the layout simple. You want to find each other.
    -Forget what they say about dead ends! Normally dead ends are bad in maps. But in a LAN having 2 dead ends plays really well, cause if you go from 1 dead end 2 the other you have to meat your enemy along the way. The important thing is to have the dead ends playable. So don't make them small corridors.

    -Instead of a dead end you can also create a small loop. (I couldn't find a better image to explain)

    [Blocked Image: http://www.zeevissen.org/images/stories/Knopen/Lusknoop/Lusknoop_4.gif]

    The inside of the loop should be playable. It should be small enough that you can here the "knot" from everywhere inside the "loop" (else you can miss each other).

    -just make sure your map is not 1 big loop cause if you both go clock wise then you never find each other. And you probably start going counter clock wise about the time the other one is changing directions.

    -also breakables can help cause they indicate that somewhere has been there.

    Hope it helps.

  • Hammer- Can I learn anything from this part of the compile log?

    • clankill3r
    • August 12, 2015 at 11:38 AM

    Maybe the video helps:

    There is a lot more that can be done. It might be nice to "lock" your map and save the current compile log and only focus on optimizing so you can compare later.
    I must say optimizing can be a lot of work...


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

  • Hammer- Can I learn anything from this part of the compile log?

    • clankill3r
    • August 10, 2015 at 8:47 PM

    The info doesn't say much without relating it to the actual map.
    There could be a map where this info is ok and there could be a map where the same thing is wrong. I think it's much better to walk around in the specific wireframe modes to see what is loaded from what position.

  • [csgo] cs_cruise

    • clankill3r
    • August 8, 2015 at 5:27 PM

    Damn, I wish you where working on The Ship 2 :)

    I loved that game.

  • Steam Sales

    • clankill3r
    • April 17, 2015 at 11:47 AM

    They pay you to play it


    This is the time to get a lot of copies and get rich

  • clankill3r's new CS map

    • clankill3r
    • March 30, 2015 at 10:19 PM

    I'm working on a new map. I wanted to give it the name de_molition as a work name but demolition is a game mode in cs:go so it might be a bit confusing. So no name for now (suggestions are welcome!).


    After people telling me you can't make a school map those days my inspiration was sadly gone.


    Anyway, I have ideas for a new map. I wan't to map some places for a game (prototype) I want to make.

    For this I wan't a car tunnel, car park, undergound metro track and a metro station and a lot more but those are some of the basics.


    My idea is to rip the de_dust2 layout for 100% and take that as a starting point. I'm blocking it out atm.

    From there I will replace parts.

    The idea behind is that some things will add so much influence that they even might force changes to the layout.

    Specially the bombsides. I want make one of them a car park and the other a metro station.

    Bombside A will probably undergo the most edits.


    It might be a horrible idea but I think it's nice as an experiment anyway.

    What do you guys think? And what would you guys make if you had dust2 layout as a starting point.


    More soon (with pics cause damn this is boring ).

  • Recruiting for making best map ever

    • clankill3r
    • March 25, 2015 at 8:30 PM

    All jokes aside.

    Why not map a few different slices of like 7.5 degrees and copy rotate that 48 times to get a quick start.

  • Oculus Rift

    • clankill3r
    • March 21, 2015 at 1:27 PM

    I would love to make games where you have to throw up

  • A* Pathfinding for Procedural Platformer Levels

    • clankill3r
    • March 7, 2015 at 7:39 PM

    I started on a pathfinder from scratch last week. I got the nodes based one working. I almost have the tile based one working as well.

    Anyway, I was watching some youtube. Saw this one:


    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    It's not that good but I liked it anyway.

    Also there where some pathfinding tutorials for unity on youtube. Maybe they help you.

    I will post more later.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™