1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. mjens

Posts by mjens

  • /!\ OLD SCHOOL CONTEST /!\

    • mjens
    • January 25, 2007 at 9:33 PM
    Quote from AndyPants

    I am starting my map now.Kinda sad I didn't see this earlier.

    Me too so don't worry

  • Another level design book

    • mjens
    • January 25, 2007 at 9:40 AM

    oh BlackPope! heh... old times mapping with worldcraft and Q1...

  • one day, erm, one year in my shoes.

    • mjens
    • January 23, 2007 at 9:29 AM

    where these photos was taken?

  • Officechair.

    • mjens
    • January 20, 2007 at 6:47 PM

    yep, good work so what you will do next?

  • w0t's First map (alpha-)release: fy_ninja

    • mjens
    • January 19, 2007 at 9:24 PM
    Quote from hessi

    maybe counter-strike hasnt the community that wants custom content.

    exactly but there is sill a lot of custom maps - more than on Q1 and Q2 in his "good times"... is it popularity?

  • w0t's First map (alpha-)release: fy_ninja

    • mjens
    • January 19, 2007 at 7:04 PM
    Quote from Dodger

    Good for first map, bad for good map.

    more on the "bad" side I gues...

    best solution to "fit" into textures and brushes is to watch other maps and look for details, textures and other little things witch makes map less "crappy"... I see you don't have problems with editor so its not a long road to make a good looking map - just observe and make own ideas in 3D bricks

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • mjens
    • January 19, 2007 at 5:19 PM

    we dont have snow - its not fair

    Spellbinder:

    its only na bit crappy

  • Post your pic extravaganza 2007!!!~

    • mjens
    • January 19, 2007 at 8:22 AM

    ok, now me

    [Blocked Image: http://zdolnyslask.org/mc/mjenso.jpg]

  • abrams model almost done - texture problem :>

    • mjens
    • January 19, 2007 at 8:09 AM

    thanks for advices! This model is only for portfolio but I will try to do as you said becose maybe I will make models for games in future...

    Thanks again!

  • abrams model almost done - texture problem :>

    • mjens
    • January 18, 2007 at 2:35 PM
    Quote from Rick_D

    Not too sure what you mean, how much do you know about uv mapping and texture sheets?

    nothing I was watching for tutorials but most of them are for one small mesh. I have most of the parts saparate so I think I should make texutre for each part and put it on model. I used "Render to texture" method and then make texture in Photoshop. Is it good?

  • Another My first experience with 3dsm

    • mjens
    • January 18, 2007 at 11:20 AM

    very nice!

    my first 3D model (in 3dstudio4) was a car created with boxes

  • abrams model almost done - texture problem :>

    • mjens
    • January 18, 2007 at 10:05 AM

    I almost finished my model - a bit too high poly but its very detailed.

    [Blocked Image: http://zdolnyslask.org/mc/2.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://zdolnyslask.org/mc/3.jpg]

    I have no idea how to texture it? any ideas? each part separately?

  • looking for the creative spark

    • mjens
    • January 16, 2007 at 8:16 PM

    I usualy go for a walk (I just moved into new place so I dont know the hood ) and watch for sometching nicely done in architecture or I go to backery, buy some donuts, go to home and draw ideas and visions while drinking mountain dew

    when I was working as a level designer I had the same problem as you have but I even don't try to make something - I just sit and relax or go somewhere...

  • Frosty!

    • mjens
    • January 16, 2007 at 6:21 PM

    last photo is great, its realy reminds silent hill nice...

  • /!\ OLD SCHOOL CONTEST /!\

    • mjens
    • January 16, 2007 at 6:19 PM
    Quote from D3ads

    There's no way I finish anything before Feburary, can you move the deadline to March 1st? I can probably finish a map for then!

    if the deadline will be moved to march 1st maybe I also make a map for that contest

  • GC2006 and some from my place :)

    • mjens
    • January 16, 2007 at 4:48 PM
    Quote from e-freak

    GC2006 rocked very much but picture wise your "STALKER"-Themed Pictures (to say it in insta's words) are better - though the destroyed building could have been in leipzig as well

    it's not a Stalker themed picture it's one of the districts in Wroclaw but it's similiar i will upload more photos from Wroclaw soon

    btw Wroclaw (Breslau) was German city before the war

    edit:

    ok, here it is - some photos from breslau i've made last few months. i even found old carriage with reich symbol

    [Blocked Image: http://zdolnyslask.org/mc/0311__4A.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://zdolnyslask.org/mc/0312__5A.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://zdolnyslask.org/mc/0418__27.jpg]

  • GC2006 and some from my place :)

    • mjens
    • January 16, 2007 at 11:23 AM

    first of all i want to say hello its my first post here

    i was on game convention 2006 in germany - ive made that photos with pentax mz-m so its very 'grainy'...

    [Blocked Image: http://zdolnyslask.org/mc/1.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://zdolnyslask.org/mc/0291_20A.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://zdolnyslask.org/mc/0292_21A.jpg]

    ok now some photos form breslau (pl: wroclaw)

    [Blocked Image: http://zdolnyslask.org/mc/0310__3A.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://zdolnyslask.org/mc/0316__9A.jpg]

    trains, rails...

    [Blocked Image: http://zdolnyslask.org/mc/IMG_3085.jpg]

    'warning - train'

    [Blocked Image: http://zdolnyslask.org/mc/IMG_3303.jpg]

    unlucky

    [Blocked Image: http://zdolnyslask.org/mc/IMG_4867.jpg]

    and a big one:

    http://zdolnyslask.org/mc/panorama.jpg

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™