1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. j0k3

Posts by j0k3

  • Help: Creating a good looking portfolio

    • j0k3
    • December 16, 2006 at 12:12 PM

    Heya Swifty! Ofcourse I remember you pal, i signed up at this forum ages ago but the account didnt get activated before today Some guy mailed me and said he fixed it ^^

    will do requiem2d !

  • Help: Creating a good looking portfolio

    • j0k3
    • December 16, 2006 at 8:02 AM

    Haha yeah, after reading the article Markus posted I realised my site is not a portoflio site at all, it is my personal website and does not show what I am capable of at all when it comes to leveldesign.

    Acumen, ofcourse I do not feel offended or something like that, I wouldnt have asked here if I didnt want your honest oppinion. And I have been thinking about removing alot of the things, I guess I should start with creating (and finish) some stuff before building a website to show them.

    I know there are like a million other people who are alot better than me but damn im in the mood to show people that I dont suck

    Thanks alot for everything Keep it comming.

    I've decided to remake the whole site, but first I must make some stuff that really are worth to show! And for those who havent read that article, do it, its a good one.

    edit: the spoon part rocked didnt it? ;D

  • Help: Creating a good looking portfolio

    • j0k3
    • December 16, 2006 at 7:28 AM

    Thanks Markus, I will read it right away!

    Quality or Quantity? Should I add more pictures from my Source map and remove the old ones?

  • Help: Creating a good looking portfolio

    • j0k3
    • December 16, 2006 at 7:13 AM

    Edit:

    To everyone who are looking for some guidelines of how to create a good portfoliosite I recommend you to read trough this article:

    http://www.thejonjones.com/2005/10/07/y ... pels-jobs/

    ----------------------------------------------------

    Original message:

    Quote

    Heya everyone!The last couple of days I've been thinking of sending an appliction as a leveldesigner to a gamecompany, but I know the competition is high, so I asked a friend for some tips and he said I should improve my portfolio site before sending anything.

    Then he gave me a link to this forum and i did a search for Portfolio sites and checked out some of yours, and well, they are all looking alot more professional than mine.

    I would appreciate all kind of tips, shall I dump the really old stuff that doesnt really look good? I really dont have much images to show at all, and many of the ones I do have are similar to each other, just different versions of the same map.

    http://www.J0k3.se <- there you can have a look.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™