1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Ryukolink

Posts by Ryukolink

  • Aim_Skyline for CS:S

    • Ryukolink
    • November 1, 2006 at 6:19 AM

    when building so high up they stop the cranes after awhile.. how many stories is that?

  • W.I.P. Critique

    • Ryukolink
    • November 1, 2006 at 6:13 AM

    I love it.. actually I really do I think this would be an awesome map for HI.. even though thats not what you are mapping for and any game too would be nice to play on it..

    I have no idea what is wrong with it seeing how I am a fairly new mapper but as far as eye candy goes.. it tastes delicious

    *edit*

    on further inspection I do not get why there are wires going to those lights in outside on top of the building.. and there is a lot of square architecture on the buildings.. maybe add lights or awnings? I dunno.. its your map and you can do w/e you want with it just exploring the realm of ideas ..

  • WIP hi_somalia Pretty new to mapping..

    • Ryukolink
    • November 1, 2006 at 6:08 AM

    right on man.. ifonly <3 and quakis.. Im still working on this as well as another map..

  • dm_drift

    • Ryukolink
    • October 22, 2006 at 9:37 AM

    ... I .. no words to describe.

  • WIP hi_somalia Pretty new to mapping..

    • Ryukolink
    • October 22, 2006 at 9:35 AM

    BP as in BP from HI forums? wow I didnt know that many people from HI were here as well..

  • WIP hi_somalia Pretty new to mapping..

    • Ryukolink
    • October 20, 2006 at 4:34 AM

    PR is SUPPOSE TO take place in asia somewhere..

  • WIP hi_somalia Pretty new to mapping..

    • Ryukolink
    • October 16, 2006 at 1:13 AM

    well well logan we meet again

  • WIP hi_somalia Pretty new to mapping..

    • Ryukolink
    • October 14, 2006 at 10:48 PM

    ive been beaten to death with brushwork is more important then props so Im going to add props in later Im barely started and not even close to done

  • WIP hi_somalia Pretty new to mapping..

    • Ryukolink
    • October 14, 2006 at 9:10 PM

    thanks guys a lot

  • WIP hi_somalia Pretty new to mapping..

    • Ryukolink
    • October 14, 2006 at 7:18 PM

    Its not an exact replica of somalia just a name of what I was making.. but thank you very much for the ref pics.

    Also where is the "U end" and the "resist" for entities? I briefly scanned over things and did not find anything with such name

    Thanks for the help too.

  • WIP hi_somalia Pretty new to mapping..

    • Ryukolink
    • October 14, 2006 at 6:10 PM

    I still have a long way to go I know but still

    I already did tie them to func_details btw

    *edit*

    heres something I made a while back btw just to give you a feel of how I do things

    [Blocked Image: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/Ryukolink/junglever20010.jpg]

  • WIP hi_somalia Pretty new to mapping..

    • Ryukolink
    • October 14, 2006 at 5:16 PM

    I would if I knew how.. I tried once before to make guns but that Didnt work out to well is prop modelling way easier.. because Id be willing to learn to make my own prop models if I foudn some nice tutorials..

  • WIP hi_somalia Pretty new to mapping..

    • Ryukolink
    • October 14, 2006 at 5:02 PM

    Hey Just joined because I was looking through your guys work and you guys seemed to post good crits.. Been mapping for about a year with breaks taken every month for about a month so Im still pretty new..

    My map is for the Half-Life Source Modifcation Hostile Intent:Phoenix Rising

    http://%7boption%7d

    Still very WIP just fine tuning brushwork and what not.

    [Blocked Image: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/Ryukolink/hi_somalia0006.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/Ryukolink/hi_somalia0007.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/Ryukolink/hi_somalia14.jpg]

    [Blocked Image: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y15/Ryukolink/everythingyouwantinabox.gif]

    Still fumbling with displacements and alpha blending, No reference pics btw I just map what I envision..

    And those are definately not the textures I will be using I just used them instead of devtextures

    AndI am not asian just made my name from an asian game I played

    Thanks ahead of time

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™