1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Yossarian

Posts by Yossarian

  • HDR Skybox Creation

    • Yossarian
    • September 24, 2006 at 1:55 AM

    Hey everyone. I have a bit of an issue with creating HDR skyboxes, specifically splitting them. I have created the skybox, arranged them appropriately in a 2048x1536 texture file, sent the file through HDRShop and saved the file as .PFM, which is where the problem arises. Whenever I drag and drop the .PFM, the tool (splitskybox.exe) simply crashes. I receive the Windows Error dialog, so I am starting to speculate it may not have anything to do with the tool itself, but something that is interfering with the conversion.

    Regardless, I’ve went through the HDR Skybox Creation tutorial dozens of times, each time thoroughly, I’ve refreshed the Source SDK content as well as completely re-downloaded it, yet the problem still remains. I was curious if anyone has successfully converted an HDR Skybox yet? Any assistance you guys can provide will help me help you, as the purpose of this is to release a pack of approximately ~23 hi-quality HDR skyboxes for anyone to use. Anyway, thanks in advance!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Radu
    October 1, 2026 at 7:05 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™