1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. AdamBrome

Posts by AdamBrome

  • A WIP.. and a hello

    • AdamBrome
    • October 11, 2006 at 6:13 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://brome.toogeek.com/stuff/crap/underworld4f.jpg]

    This is where I'm at by about 7PM Tuesday. I'm getting sick of looking at the edges being so smooth and such that it makes me want to jump in and start to do lighting.

    I also haven't made up my mind yet if I'll do any bump information. If I do it'll be with normal maps. We'll see.

  • A WIP.. and a hello

    • AdamBrome
    • October 11, 2006 at 12:00 AM

    del.

  • A WIP.. and a hello

    • AdamBrome
    • October 10, 2006 at 8:18 PM

    info.

  • A WIP.. and a hello

    • AdamBrome
    • October 10, 2006 at 5:18 PM

    It's enabled through vrad, so I'd imagine its map wide.

  • A WIP.. and a hello

    • AdamBrome
    • October 9, 2006 at 9:28 PM

    SnipaMasta: Static props have the ability to do this now, dynamic props do not. So you'll get it on objects that aren't moving, but characters and other physic props are out.

    Belgarion: I work with the Source engine professionally, I'd rather not do my stuff at home for the engine. I'm sure you can understand

  • A WIP.. and a hello

    • AdamBrome
    • October 9, 2006 at 11:01 AM
    Quote from Belgarion

    wouldn't the lighting be crap though? since it's basically going to be one big model, it'll be taking lighting from either origin or vertex-based. i suppose you could light it in max and bake it into the textures.

    Thanks for the comments so far.

  • A WIP.. and a hello

    • AdamBrome
    • October 8, 2006 at 1:55 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://brome.toogeek.com/stuff/crap/underworld4e.jpg]

  • A WIP.. and a hello

    • AdamBrome
    • October 2, 2006 at 4:53 PM

    KungFuSquirrel: For the walls alone there's 14 512x512 textures. You're not going to get that from any console or PC title any time soon for the amount of realestate those textures are occupying. A more realistic number for videogames for this amount of realestate is 5, maybe 6, 512x resolution textures. So far, there's 26 textures - trust me, no game will push that for this small amount of space. I have to fight with that sort of thing day-in-and-day-out at work. I'm doing this piece to move away from those limits and have some fun.

    Thanks for the comment on the textures. The bottom texture is most likely from the Marlin Studios texture pack; they're mixed in with the rest of my sourcing images.

    KoKo5oVaR: Yah :\ I'll be running about a 15-20% sharpen on the final when its all done. What I've done to this is about 50%, and its overkill.

  • A WIP.. and a hello

    • AdamBrome
    • October 2, 2006 at 3:56 PM
    Quote from entity

    you can really spice up that scene with decals such as grafitti, posters or drawings on the wall Good work!

    Thanks man! That sort of stuff happens at the end of my work flow.

  • A WIP.. and a hello

    • AdamBrome
    • October 2, 2006 at 5:37 AM

    von*ferret: No lights setup yet. Will wait for James (artist friend doing the character) to have his stuff done and we'll work on the lighting together.

    dissonance: Thanks Theres more textures being used just for what I've shown so far than you'd get to use for any current or next PC/console game. The areas that are noticably tilable in the large shot are actually covered in varied ways - as seen in the small shot.

    I agree that the shot looks bland right now, which is normal for this sort of environment. You're not going to see a lot of whiz-bang visuals in concrete, thats for sure. The scene will come thru in beauty shots.

  • A WIP.. and a hello

    • AdamBrome
    • October 2, 2006 at 2:21 AM

    [Blocked Image: http://brome.toogeek.com/stuff/crap/underworld4d.jpg]

  • A WIP.. and a hello

    • AdamBrome
    • September 25, 2006 at 1:05 AM

    Yah, I'm not worried about what is obviously tiling and what is not. The lighting will be pretty dramatic for this piece. If it weren't, I'd spend the time on fixing the artifacts beyond what I already have since posting that image.

    Thanks guys

  • A WIP.. and a hello

    • AdamBrome
    • September 24, 2006 at 11:01 PM

    Did this to show a co-worker (but not Phobos, he's too n00bish):

    [Blocked Image: http://brome.toogeek.com/stuff/crap/underworld4c.jpg]

    That's basically the level of grunge I'll be doing with this scene.

  • A WIP.. and a hello

    • AdamBrome
    • September 22, 2006 at 9:08 PM
    Quote from Pericolos0

    ah ok, how many textures do you have planned then? It can turn out really awesome if you pay special attention to every bit .

    However many textures it takes to make magify it.. Check out the link I posted for the model I finished before starting this one. That was some texture fun - around 40 or so infact

  • A WIP.. and a hello

    • AdamBrome
    • September 22, 2006 at 5:42 PM

    Nope - I unwrap first then texture. This won't be done using tiling textures. The base of the scene is modular which makes for an easy unwrap. 8hrs altogether spent on unwrapping.

    The scene will weigh in around 10,000 triangles when I'm finished.

    It's not for an engine.

  • A WIP.. and a hello

    • AdamBrome
    • September 22, 2006 at 7:41 AM

    Hey, my name's Adam. I think I posted once here long long ago.

    Anyhoo, here's a current work-in-progress:

    [Blocked Image: http://brome.toogeek.com/stuff/crap/underworld4.jpg]

    I'm almost finished unwrapping it. The stretched bits are because the texture ratio is 1:2

    I recently finished this.

    And this is my website, which is also a WIP.

    Thanks!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™