1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. aevirex

Posts by aevirex

  • Crysis Warhead

    • aevirex
    • September 13, 2008 at 10:27 AM

    dfgsfgsfdgsfg

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aevirex
    • September 13, 2008 at 9:34 AM

    That's just bloom, dof and color correction. Don't know why this should be on par with Crysis tbh.

  • Warhammer 40k - Space Marine

    • aevirex
    • September 6, 2008 at 12:32 PM

    Visuals don't look too bad but the pacing and controls seem to suck big time.

  • Google Chrome

    • aevirex
    • September 2, 2008 at 8:15 PM

    Posting from Chrome. Makes a good first impression... Just like Konqueror MMB scrolling doesn't work though. :/

  • Quake Live Beta

    • aevirex
    • August 15, 2008 at 12:17 PM
    Quote from Nysuatro

    ppff I already sended my email 4 times

    Two times as for me (no reply ofc :<).

  • Diablo 3

    • aevirex
    • August 14, 2008 at 1:51 PM
    Quote from wacko

    As far as the crap about the rainbows and blah blah blah... 0.1% of the freaking game folks you guys have seen NOTHING not a damn thing but some demo level that was made to show you we are working on something with this franchise. I think its sad that people have attached themselves to this 15 minutes of gameplay. Its like come on people get a freaking clue, I think we know what we are doing we currently make the #1 MMORPG, we have what most view as the best RTS of all time, as well as one of the best RPG hack and slash games... I do not think we are going to fuck that up, but we are going to use the new technology as much as possible and we are doing things we were just unable to do with diablo/diablo 2. Sure I am a bit biased but I feel the people in charge of Diablo 3 are making the right choice and when you all finally play the game you will agree.

    Imo it has a lot of impudence to complain about the reaction you got from the stuff YOU'VE shown. "You have to like it because we are Blizzard. We made WoW!"

    But to be fair, I have no doubts that I will enjoy the game. I know it's nitpicking... but it's valid critism.

  • Zero Gear - an indie multiplayer kart racing game

    • aevirex
    • July 26, 2008 at 11:04 PM

    dfgdfgdfgdfg

    Images

    • Untitled-1 copy.webp
      • 157.39 kB
      • 1,063 × 757
  • Borderlands E3 walkthrough

    • aevirex
    • July 18, 2008 at 6:19 PM

    Hmm too early to really judge about it but there are things i disliked:

    The guy who was talking is so annoying

    Why does it look a lot worse than BIA? I've seen (quite a few) UT2004 Onslaught maps that look better than the outdoor area that was shown in the second video.

    Why would I need half a million guns? More guns != more fun.

    But again, probably too early to judge...

  • Custom Gears of War map - duckncover

    • aevirex
    • July 17, 2008 at 5:44 PM

    Less blur please. :<

    Also I think it would look a lot better if you made the lighting less monotone.

  • Prince of Persia E3 trailer is live

    • aevirex
    • July 15, 2008 at 6:37 PM

    With the music and the slow pacing the trailer reminds me of the first Mirror's Edge trailer a lot. Other than that it looks pretty cool of course.

  • PC Adventure Game Accused Of Ripping Assets

    • aevirex
    • July 13, 2008 at 5:30 PM

    The wall texture ist from UT2004's Arborea package btw

  • totally random texture thread

    • aevirex
    • June 30, 2008 at 10:21 PM
    Quote from TeddyBear

    Believe me, I'm dying to explain but as this technically is the property of Starbreeze I can't. What I can do instead is lend the technology to anyone interested, for scanning your material belongings or, say, your own head for instance.

    You can't own a mathematical formula, so what about sharing some hints on what formulas you use.

  • Euro Cup 2008

    • aevirex
    • June 13, 2008 at 8:34 AM
    Quote from Buddy

    ...

    first 30 minutes yeah Austria>Poland but after that Poland was much better till that 93th minute where that fucking penalty was given... cocksucking referee, double free kick too...

    I just hope that Austria will get it's ass kicked by Portugal or some other team.

    Much better? Suuuuuuuuuuuure... like that offside goal? Besides an earlier penalty for Austria wasn't given. I think Poland should be happy with the result.

    Also, I doubt Austria will have the chance to play against Portugal. xD

  • Breaking News: Doom 4 announced!

    • aevirex
    • May 7, 2008 at 10:10 PM

    But... didn't Carmack say there will be no more Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein games developed by id?

  • Mirror's Edge

    • aevirex
    • May 7, 2008 at 8:15 AM

    fsahshfghdgfh

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aevirex
    • April 19, 2008 at 1:40 PM

    Wind Waker \o/

  • post your pic extravaganza 2008!!!~

    • aevirex
    • April 7, 2008 at 8:09 PM

    adfhfdgssgsfdg

  • Project Origin

    • aevirex
    • March 30, 2008 at 11:55 PM

    Stencil Shadows are so 2004.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • aevirex
    • March 22, 2008 at 7:56 PM

    Original UE3 presentation from GDC04. I know that from back of my head.

    EDIT: Well, looks good aside from the eye-cancerous (?) bloom. Make it more like in the presentation... bloom was used rather subtle back then.

  • Crysis Map ~ Vulcano [WIP]

    • aevirex
    • February 22, 2008 at 7:29 PM

    Looking good but you should still add some variation to the straight rock walls. Visually that is the only thing to criticize imho. So, GJ!

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™