1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. SnipaMasta

Posts by SnipaMasta

  • DM_Marden (Lots of pics)

    • SnipaMasta
    • December 16, 2006 at 12:22 PM

    That's just awesome. Could do with some physics props (for throwing/general look), but the style of it's brilliant.

  • de_wanda by warby ... final release !

    • SnipaMasta
    • December 16, 2006 at 12:19 PM

    Rokusho, the bloom in those shots ruins them.

  • de_wanda by warby ... final release !

    • SnipaMasta
    • December 15, 2006 at 4:21 PM

    The effort, time and skill that went into the map is outstanding. Performance is a bit crap in some places but on my computer it's not too worrying. I like the overall style of the map, and it's a pity you had to cut back on soundscapes because the map feels a bit empty because of it (sound compliments the graphics of the map to make a good overall atmosphere).

    Hessi, L4zy wasn't really flaming the map, you were trying to rebutt his opinions on the map and while I don't agree with him saying the sound is "shit", he does have some good points. Warby may not have wanted the map to run on mid-range computesr, but that's what the majority of players have - so it's best to try and keep within that.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • SnipaMasta
    • December 14, 2006 at 1:19 AM

    Bloody hell, that reminds me so much of Unreal (good thing) and it looks brilliantly put together. Can't wait to play it.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • SnipaMasta
    • December 12, 2006 at 5:18 PM
    Quote from skdr

    Looks good indeed but all that brushwork is really a waste considering these details should be done with models.

    Tie to entity > Func_Detail

    Problem solved!

  • German minister wants to imprison gamers??

    • SnipaMasta
    • December 11, 2006 at 5:12 PM

    Quick, some kid shot a school up - oh look, he played video games, let's blame them!

  • 3ds max Gib model tutorial by : Generalvivi

    • SnipaMasta
    • December 9, 2006 at 11:37 AM

    Personally I'd have made the concrete parts prop_static's because they're usually secured in the ground and aren't likely to fall around just because they're shot - and then make the wooden parts physics props.

  • Now playing

    • SnipaMasta
    • December 6, 2006 at 5:32 PM
    Quote from Mazy

    I really regret being so negative about Thief 3 when I played it. Every time something happened I couldn't help but think of how cool it could've been. But looking back then its still a pretty good game, no way near as good as the first two, but still pretty good .

    I thought it was much better than the first 2 - I liked the free-form gamestyle so you have to travel around to get supplies, it gives you a break in between missions. The storyline is also fantastic - the only thing I don't like is that they didn't have many "real" cutscenes (hand-drawn style ones).

  • Now playing

    • SnipaMasta
    • December 5, 2006 at 6:31 PM

    I've been playing Thief 3 : Deadly Shadows, getting quite close to the Shalebridge Cradle .

  • de_hogsatra_2007 project

    • SnipaMasta
    • December 4, 2006 at 8:26 PM
    Quote from Seldoon182

    3d skybox?

    Ya 3d Skybox !

    I know what a 3d skybox is :roll:

  • totally random texture thread

    • SnipaMasta
    • December 3, 2006 at 5:18 PM
    Quote from Sa74n

    seriously though it looks like very decent results. but the normalmap doesnt look like it will work on a 3d mesh. prove me wrong by posting a 360 turnaround video

    This is something I was thinking about - the scanning process used by some studios output's a completed model, whereas this seems to give a normal map which you then have to model around. Is this right, or am I missing something?

  • It's 2006 and we still don't have [insert your request here]

    • SnipaMasta
    • December 3, 2006 at 11:13 AM
    Quote from insta

    Seamless loading of levels in FPS games. I don't want to stare at a load-screen anymore Although I heard this was a feature of Unreal 3 engine.

    Merry Christmas from last year.

  • RELEASE: ts_satancity

    • SnipaMasta
    • December 2, 2006 at 7:54 PM
    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    And hessi, what's your problem with old game engines ? i assume you'r still working on the old Source engine

    I think it looks quite good, obviously Hl1 ish, but still good.

  • The random model thread!

    • SnipaMasta
    • December 2, 2006 at 9:40 AM

    Reminds me of the Worms3d style, it looks awesome.

  • Now playing

    • SnipaMasta
    • November 26, 2006 at 11:03 AM

    I've been playing Boiling Point : Road To Hell for the past few days, as well as Carmageddon TDR2000.

  • WIP in WIP, post your level screenshots!

    • SnipaMasta
    • November 26, 2006 at 12:57 AM
    Quote from Quakis

    Outlaws! You can modify that game? Not the Build engine, but I think it's an enhanced, Jedi Game Engine that was first used in Dark Forces?

    Yeah (to the engine). Great, great game.

  • The random model thread!

    • SnipaMasta
    • November 26, 2006 at 12:56 AM

    Use less on the cylinders then

  • The random model thread!

    • SnipaMasta
    • November 25, 2006 at 7:14 PM

    There was a tutorial on it somewhere, although it was for Milkshape 3d - I'm sure the same ideas apply. Only comment is that it lacks detail (especially for that polycount).

  • de_hogsatra_2007 project

    • SnipaMasta
    • November 25, 2006 at 3:35 PM

    What's that part in the top left?

  • The random model thread!

    • SnipaMasta
    • November 25, 2006 at 11:06 AM
    Quote from dissonance

    looks nicecan i see a wireframe?

    [Blocked Image: http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/8977/uspwitrepl3.jpg]

    Polycount is 1278.

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™