1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Cybbe

Posts by Cybbe

  • Autodesk to Acquire Softimage!

    • Cybbe
    • October 27, 2008 at 9:25 PM

    HAha, one of the best videos I've seen in a long time

  • What gamer are you?

    • Cybbe
    • October 27, 2008 at 9:19 PM

    I just filled it out like I would have 8 years ago when I was playing counterstrike all day, every day, doing leagues and shit.. Kinda fun to see how much I've changed since then ;o

    Got The Terminator - Reckless Competitive Serious Veteran (RCSV).

    People grow up ;o

  • Lets talk racing games!

    • Cybbe
    • October 27, 2008 at 8:02 PM

    Pod Racer ;O

  • What gamer are you?

    • Cybbe
    • October 26, 2008 at 12:55 AM
    Quote from JohnC

    I got Game Master, too.A few of the questons were just too out there, and could've at least had a neutral choice. I had to pick between a strategy guide and the friggin' Kama Sutra when the only thing I've ever had next to my toilet was an ashtray.

    I just didn't answer it. Worked fine :X

  • What gamer are you?

    • Cybbe
    • October 25, 2008 at 7:46 PM

    Game Master :X

  • Compact camera

    • Cybbe
    • October 25, 2008 at 4:31 AM

    What do I get by going for a canon ixus compared to say a nikon coolpix or a Fuji J/A or F series? They pretty much seem to have the same specs, but the price is a lot different. I can't quite see where the difference lies here.

  • Alan Wake

    • Cybbe
    • October 21, 2008 at 7:23 PM

    I don't have a job yet Sneak me in!

  • Far Cry 2: Realtime damage!

    • Cybbe
    • October 21, 2008 at 3:17 PM

    lol. Now I wanna play this game.

  • 2d-Chris you should get prepared for Deutschland!

    • Cybbe
    • October 18, 2008 at 11:05 PM
    Quote from FrieChamp

    From http://%7boption%7d

    Great comedy blog!

    Only thing you will need to do as preparation is drink 10 of those each day:

    [attachment=0]jaegermeister.jpg[/attachment]

    Love Jägermeister!

  • Compact camera

    • Cybbe
    • October 18, 2008 at 9:37 PM

    Well, I've been looking at the ixus, and it seems pretty decent.. If it gets more expensive than that, however, I think it's a bit out of my price range and purpose.

    I already have a Canon EOS D30. It's a rather old model by now but it's a pretty good camera.

    Thanks for your help anyway, I'll take a thorough look at it and try to figure out more about these models.

  • Compact camera

    • Cybbe
    • October 18, 2008 at 5:02 PM

    Which canon are we talking about ? :x

  • Quake Live Beta

    • Cybbe
    • October 17, 2008 at 12:39 AM
    Quote

    ":9tq7qqml]yeah, most of the QL players are using either keel/bright or tank/bright forceplayer model!

    Of course Tank is easy to spot, easy to hit and he goes KLONK KLONK KLONK when he walks. Best deal ever

  • Quake Live Beta

    • Cybbe
    • October 16, 2008 at 11:50 PM
    Quote

    ":1qeq8bns]madgernader, i know It's awesome, but have you read my post? I said It's a custom config! Obviously, the game doesn't look like that!Just like Defrag said, I use picmip 10!

    You just saved my day. I was worried you couldn't config quake live.. I have never in my life played Q3 with it's shiny graphics, since I focused only on speed and precision.. So yeah, simple icons, forced player models (hello tank) and r_picmip 5 (is usually enough). And then the rest of everything down as low as possible, and a railgun trail of white(was somewhat transparent) to reduce tracing risks ;o Those were the times.

  • What are my systemspec?

    • Cybbe
    • October 16, 2008 at 11:40 PM

    Furthermore, while the web checker might provide inaccuracies, I have a hunch the thing where it claims you have 2 processors is because it's a pentium 4. They have hyperthreading, which on some tests will appear as 2 cpu's for some reason. What it actually means for your cpu is the possibility to utilize all (or most of) the cpu via multithreading. So instead of hogging all of it doing jobs that might only take part of its capacity, it's able to use the space available for something else. More or less. Basically it pretends to have two logical processors to the operating system (one physical), and is thus able to run two threads at once.

    This is really just a basic, rough rundown and shouldn't be treated as entirely accurate, but it should give you an idea. I think most if not all tests will show it as two processors, since it's usually treated as such on most operating systems.

    As for the rest.. Yeah, get a proper test.

  • Congrats Mino!!!!

    • Cybbe
    • October 16, 2008 at 2:45 AM

    Serves to prove I need to check this board more often.. I'm out of the loop!

    Good job Minos, and congratulations About time.

  • intrusion

    • Cybbe
    • October 16, 2008 at 2:39 AM

    Game over at 22309. Great game :X

  • Compact camera

    • Cybbe
    • October 16, 2008 at 12:16 AM

    Hey everyone.

    So, I like taking pictures.. A lot. But not enough for me to justify actually bringing my DSLR wherever I go. It's just too bulky, and I often find myself in situations where I wouldn't really want to have anything that valuable on me (high hazard environments such as PARTIES with tremendous amounts of liquid flying through the room and a potential risk of getting so drunk you forget your belongings).

    However, I also often find myself in situations where I kinda wish I could just pop out a camera and take a picture of what might feel like a once-in-a-lifetime chance for a nice shot of something. One solution could be to drink responsibly and always carry my camera bag around for when I leave home (lol).

    Another solution could be to get a compact camera, but be that as it may, I have no clue whatsoever of the development in this area. I'd really love something cheap, as I'm a poor student, and it's just a backup cam, bust rest assured, I want it to be able to take decent pictures, and I'd like some functionality as well.

    For this, I'd like something that could potentially be used as a backup for landscapes, buildings, roadkill, hessi or whatever else comes my way, as well as being something I could bring to a party to take some pictures of random people. And I'd like it to actually fare pretty well.

    I don't know if price cancels out functionality, but I'm thinking there must have been some development lately, and the last cam I had of a compact size was about 1 MP.

    I heard something about the ixus being decent, but I'm checking out the market before just acquiring the first I come across. So, uh.. To sum it up:

    Jacket pocket-compact

    Cheap

    Functionalities (Iunno, shutter settings, iso speed, optical zoom?, red-eye removal, all that junk)

    Nice battery lifetime? I'd prefer a battery with a charger.

    Nice picture quality.

    Nice autofocus.. I'd hate to get a backup cam to finally take all these pictures only to realize the cam can't focus if it's life depended on it (and it will!).

    I don't know if I'm being too demanding, but I'm hoping for the first two points with a nice compromise for the rest. I realize I can't really expect a full dslr in compact form ;o

    Finally, the price limit.. I really don't know.. But I'd be happy to keep it around £100 +/- £20. If that is at all realistic.

    -Edit/Update-

    I've taken a look at the Nikon Coolpix s210, and was wondering if any of you have anything to say about it, good or bad. Anyway, I'm open to suggestions.

  • Warhammer 40k - Space Marine

    • Cybbe
    • September 7, 2008 at 11:32 PM

    Wow, link finally worked. Looks pretty bad. And looks like all that "cinemaction" is going to get really, really tiring in the long run.. And a minigame mid combat? I'm not sure that'll hold up well.

    Didn't get much of a warhammer feel from it either...

    I hope he had a god mode enabled or something though. Or it'd be pretty easy. I mean, sure, the space marines are badass.. But not THAT badass :X

  • Warhammer 40k - Space Marine

    • Cybbe
    • September 7, 2008 at 1:17 PM
    Quote from st0lve

    No team mates? No squads? Uhm, the spacemarines never travel alone, atleast unless they are commanders and such. I think the minimum amount is 4, and that is for specialist squads. Looked like they just took GoW and game it a 40K facelift...Hopefully they'll change, and give you options to pick squadmates (specialist weapons etc.) or maybe even terminators

    PS it's not the first fps of 40k, anyone remember that good old space hulk game? You had close combat weapons in that game too.

    Standard Space Marine squad sizes are 5 unit minimum. A sergeant and 4 marines

    Also, link no work

  • Google Chrome

    • Cybbe
    • September 3, 2008 at 1:58 PM

    Uh, they plan to add support for plugins. This is still a beta. Also, all of it is open source, so I don't see why something of the like shouldn't become available.

    I've noticed a few more bugs while using it today. It's (obviously) unpolished.. But I think it looks really promising. As long as google keep their promises...

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™