1. Forums
  2. Discord
  3. About Mapcore
  4. Patreon Supporters
  • Login
  • Register
  • Search
Everywhere
  • Everywhere
  • Articles
  • Pages
  • Forum
  • More Options
  1. Mapcore
  2. Members
  3. Cybbe

Posts by Cybbe

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Cybbe
    • December 12, 2008 at 9:35 AM
    Quote from Steppenwolf

    Still your onboard doesn't sound half as good as the x-fi. Especially when listening to compressed music (mp3) the sound chip of the x-fi is worth gold. Makes it sound clearer and better then uncompressed music straight from a audio CD.I never was a audiophile person but the first time i heard the difference it really was a "wow!" moment.

    The X-Fi is a great card, but it's hardly an audiophile sound card.

  • Mafia 2 website/screens

    • Cybbe
    • December 11, 2008 at 4:02 AM

    You and me both

  • Mafia 2 website/screens

    • Cybbe
    • December 11, 2008 at 2:21 AM
    Quote from jaboo224

    Hopefully windows 7 will be around by then because vista tbh works but is far from being a good stable gaming platform. sadly microsoft is not all to blame, intel/nvidia/ati/amd are all experimenting with new technology a little too much isntead of giving us solid well rounded stuff that works with the operating system.

    If microsoft actually documented their shit, maybe they wouldn't have to?

  • Cube

    • Cybbe
    • December 11, 2008 at 1:46 AM

    Don't watch the sequel :

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Cybbe
    • December 11, 2008 at 12:38 AM
    Quote

    ":29qkmigb]you and everyone else!! using on-board sound should be considered a crime!

    Don't even start with me. Seriously.

    I've been using dedicated sound cards for as long as I can remember (Creative), and I've been hanging on to my Audigy 2 Platinum, which, by the way, has awesome sound.

    Until recently. I've been having a number of crashes, bluescreens and odd bugs, and I've always dismissed them for something else, but recently I found out they were caused by my sound card. "Great," I thought, "now I just need to find new drivers."

    I was wrong.

    I went through creative's driver database, I went through the open source solutions (kX project, anyone?) and nothing worked at all. I still had my issues. Then I just finally gave up, unplugged my card and reinstalled my onboard sound drivers, and now I have no issues whatsoever. Now I have the card I've had such a great relationship with for more than quite a few years, along with a Live! drive, lying around on the floor just looking sad at me and weeping. But hell if I'll ever give creative a second chance. I was gonna buy an E-MU 0404, for my music and sound recording, but now I really don't know. They have their own drivers, but it's still built on Creative technology - and I just learned that it was the technology that fucked me over and not the drivers...

  • My Beautiful Mind

    • Cybbe
    • December 10, 2008 at 10:55 AM

    Not to forget mentioning the time you spent waiting for someone to reply on your thread. Don't even try to deny it, I know you did. I know I often do, anyway Anyway, maybe I should do what I should have done a long time ago.. I've downloaded all I need to continue studying, so I'm gonna close off firefox, outlook, MSN messenger and whatever else is keeping me busy and start focusing. I have 13 weeks of stuff I need to learn - today. Here's hoping the next semester will be better if I put an effort. Nice to know I'm not alone about this though

  • My Beautiful Mind

    • Cybbe
    • December 10, 2008 at 10:30 AM

    I can definitely see and feel all of those points you've just made. I have it a lot the same way, and while I believe part of it stems from my own excessive computer usage, I also feel it might be stress related. I'm having a hard time focusing and concentrating, in class, when doing homework, and a lot of other things. However, I don't have these issues when I sit back and play guitar or start drawing or anything else that I find is stress relieving. I think it's pretty natural to reach this point at times.. I don't know, but I think so. In my case, I think, while I have a hard time focusing, maybe I'm just losing sight of my goal and losing interest on top of everything taking a lot more effort than any educational thing I've attended before.

    I think you're partly right, though. I'm not a slave to news in any way - I hate news and refuse to read, watch or hear it because it really does nothing for me. Most of it's bad and if I had to take a stand on every bad thing happening in the world I'd go insane. But I do use a lot of time surfing mapcore.net and facebook. I've recently dropped IRC (I'm sure some of you have noticed. If not, I'm kinda sad ). This was initially because I reformatted and hadn't gotten around to reinstall it, but I've known for a while now I really don't have time for it - especially not the way I use it. I've always had it running on top on my second monitor for quick access, and it's a huge distraction. I think getting rid of it has helped, yet I have an exam tomorrow and here I am posting in this thread instead of reading up. With everything being so available and things happening around us so fast and so frequently, I think it's essential we need to know how to limit and restrain ourselves so that we can use these things as tools for productivity and save the recreational part of it for later. It's just gotten harder as the line between those two things have become thinner and thinner. I think it's actually gotten harder to study as more and more educations require you to have and operate a computer to do your work, as it's a multimedia and can - and will - be used for a lot of other things at the same time. Having a clear focus becomes harder.

    But as I said earlier, I'd like to think stress has a lot to do with it too. But I definitely don't think the computer helps at all.

    I'd still like to claim music helps me be more productive, but the fact probably is that it doesn't. It does, however, relax me, and I find that's important too.

    [EDIT]

  • Show you presents extravaganza 2008!

    • Cybbe
    • December 8, 2008 at 3:06 PM

    Singing is actually much more difficult when playing a guitar :x Random fact.

    Also, playing guitar is much more difficult while singing.

  • Beer troubleshooting

    • Cybbe
    • December 7, 2008 at 7:24 PM
    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    The best part of behind drunk is to intentionally make your friends beer glasses fall over on the table and pretend it was unintentional

    OH NO YOU DIDN'T

    http://www.beerlovercam.com/cutoff.htm

  • Beer troubleshooting

    • Cybbe
    • December 7, 2008 at 3:25 AM

    Beer troubleshooting. A lot of those points are really great.

    http://www.beerlovercam.com/troubleshooting.htm

  • Post your favourite movie scenes ever!

    • Cybbe
    • December 7, 2008 at 1:51 AM
    Quote from KoKo5oVaR

    I didn't found it that functional, actually, i found it pretty boring (for a movie). I didn't really liked how the characters personalities were adapted on screen, and also the colored rotoscoped style is not really how i would see one of dick's universes..But you are right, i should give it another chance, because it's already some time back.

    Well, the rotoscoping is good and bad really.. Some scenes benefit a LOT from it, and it certainly sets a great overall mood and feeling.. But sometimes, it's just not as well done and ends up obfuscating some otherwise good scenes. In general, I really like how it turned out though.

  • Killzone 2

    • Cybbe
    • December 7, 2008 at 1:36 AM
    Quote from Thrik

    I didn't play Resistance through to the end, but I was certainly impressed by its weapons — very imaginative, which is what you'd expect from the same guys behind Ratchet and Clank. I also liked the use of real-life UK cities, including York which I used to live in. I'd say out of all the first-person console shooters out there, Resistance falls into the higher end of the bracket; there aren't that many that're actually better than Resistance.

    York... Is that like.. the old New York?

  • Quake Live Beta

    • Cybbe
    • December 7, 2008 at 1:30 AM

    Flash has come a LONG way. Their recent rework of actionscript has opened a lot of doors for the potential of flash. That being said, there's no reason it couldn't have been java. If you know how, you could just as well whip it up there, but when it's ID, they really are better off doing what they do best. Java has a nasty habit of long loading times and slow speeds. I saw a project with making quake 2 for java, but still being in beta it was lacking a bit of functionality, and it wasn't really up to speed, so I imagine there'd be some work to do with Q3.

    I can't wait to get my hands on Quake Live

    EDIT: Hoshit, just saw HP's post. PM sent, and here's hoping! :x

  • Post your favourite movie scenes ever!

    • Cybbe
    • December 7, 2008 at 1:24 AM

    Heh, well obviously they've had to make a lot of alterations to make a functional movie off it, but I think they did an outstanding job modernizing it. Also, the movie has a lot of subtle layers and psychology that you need to open your eyes for before you can really appreciate how great a piece of work it actually is. I can't believe how they've been able to cram so much into so little, and I sincerely take my hat off for them. I've watched the movie some 9 times now, and I keep discovering small things and hints that just makes it that much more worthwhile. You really just need to give it a chance, take it for what it is and start analyzing it.

    And please, no hating on Robert Downey Jr.

  • Post your favourite movie scenes ever!

    • Cybbe
    • December 7, 2008 at 1:13 AM

    Don't have the time right now to go through everything, but I'll definitely add this one to the list!

    A Scanner Darkly

    External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

    [YouTube tags fixed by admin; read instructions]

  • Midway Games sold for $100 000 (not a joke)

    • Cybbe
    • December 6, 2008 at 10:44 PM

    http://weblogs.variety.com/the_cut_scen ... -50-d.html

    Seems more trouble is heading their way ;X

  • Show you presents extravaganza 2008!

    • Cybbe
    • December 6, 2008 at 10:24 PM
    Quote from Quakis

    Not long came back from picking out some games my Dad got for me. Can't have them until Christmas though, but I already have tons of unplayed games as it is anyway;Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3

    Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter

    Dreamfall: The Longest Journey Limited Edition

    TimeShift

    SpellForce: Universe

    Stranglehold

    Fable: The Lost Chapters

    Display More

    TLJ and Dreamfall are on my top 10 games list. They're really, really, awesome games. But I recommend you play TLJ first (point and click style), and Dreamfall second (more 3rd person style), since Dreamfall is the sequel. Both TLJ and Dreamfall are in the limited edition package. It's a great universe and a great story. If you like games like that, I'm sure you'll enjoy them

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Cybbe
    • December 5, 2008 at 5:09 PM

    Just purchased Earth 2160 off Steam. It's quite the lovely game, but I didn't get to give it the time it deserves earlier. And now it's on for $4.99 on Steam, so I just couldn't resist it.

  • Error Message Hell

    • Cybbe
    • December 5, 2008 at 6:55 AM

    Well, for me, that depends on whether or not the client will actually keep trying to connect or not. If it does, I'd really prefer to be informed, since it'd save me the work of spamming reconnect if I know the server is in fact up or is going to be soon. On the other hand, (as is annoying me a lot with mIRC), I don't like to see the repeated message saying I still can't connect, especially if it steals focus everytime it pops up, so it should probably be kept short as a "Retrying..." message or so instead of a full error message for every repeated attempt. This is especially if you lose connection or know you'll be able to connect very soon, you want to know that it's still trying, but you don't want to get the error message for each attempt, when you know what's wrong.

    (EDIT: I didn't vote, as I opted for somewhat of a third option)

  • What have you purchased recently?

    • Cybbe
    • December 5, 2008 at 1:57 AM
    Quote from Defrag

    It's a Korg TM-40, whatever that is (I know nothing about this stuff!)

    Ah, another really excellent choice. My dad has that one

Discord

The Mapcore Discord is our lively IRC channel of the 2000s reborn. Chat about level design, gaming, and more.

Latest Posts

  1. Any of the old guard still around? D:

    Thrik
    September 28, 2026 at 7:26 PM
  2. (HLDM) dm_warehouse

    The_Invader79
    September 20, 2026 at 11:44 AM
  3. [CS:GO][WiP] cs_opera

    leplubodeslapin
    September 17, 2026 at 8:50 AM
  4. Building a Huge Library of Free Images for Everyone

    Thrik
    September 7, 2026 at 10:09 PM
  5. POLYSTRIKE - Finally Announced After Years of Development!

    Mocherad
    August 23, 2026 at 7:56 AM
  6. CS:S | cs_manoir | Map creation process by D'artagnan

    Thrik
    August 3, 2026 at 10:42 AM
  7. Custom Gamemodes Contest

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 11:46 AM
  8. FAQ

    Angel
    July 20, 2026 at 10:14 AM
  9. Tangerine

    Harry Poster
    July 18, 2026 at 11:10 AM
  1. Privacy Policy
  2. Contact
Powered by WoltLab Suite™